Bonuses for armed teachers in schools....................

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Well, now in the aftermath of the FL shooting, Trump has come out with a "solution".................

He says he wants 10 to 40 percent of the teachers in schools to be trained to carry a weapon and armed while in school. He also said he wants to use federal funds to train them, as well as give each armed teacher a 1,000 bonus for carrying a weapon.

A couple of points here......................MOST of the teachers I've seen so far on the news when asked if carrying a weapon in school was a good idea, said no. The ones who thought it was a good idea were firmly in the minority.

And.................federal funds for training as well as giving the teachers who are armed bonuses? Okay, but a quick question.........................where is the money going to come from? Are we going to cut down on the kids education to have armed teachers? Trump just cut taxes for the whole country and is now looking for more ways to spend money we don't have.

Anyone else think this is a good idea? If so, why? And, how would you propose we fund this program?

Trump floats pay bonus for teachers willing to take up arms

We are happy to see a minority approving the plan. A question to these would be the Benghazi question, so that we can place on stronger foothold a more rigorous scrutiny of religious pathologies. Hillary Clinton is a Methodist and John Wesley was a Brit who liked to hold prayer meetings in abandoned gun factories.

"I've seen so far on the news. . . . "

tv-dees_obey.jpg

Well, now in the aftermath of the FL shooting, Trump has come out with a "solution".................

He says he wants 10 to 40 percent of the teachers in schools to be trained to carry a weapon and armed while in school. He also said he wants to use federal funds to train them, as well as give each armed teacher a 1,000 bonus for carrying a weapon.

A couple of points here......................MOST of the teachers I've seen so far on the news when asked if carrying a weapon in school was a good idea, said no. The ones who thought it was a good idea were firmly in the minority.

And.................federal funds for training as well as giving the teachers who are armed bonuses? Okay, but a quick question.........................where is the money going to come from? Are we going to cut down on the kids education to have armed teachers? Trump just cut taxes for the whole country and is now looking for more ways to spend money we don't have.

Anyone else think this is a good idea? If so, why? And, how would you propose we fund this program?

Just did some reading on school districts and states starting to take the lead on this....the insurance industry isn't buying it......any of it. Either they are raising rates thru the roof or denying coverage all together. Why do you think that is?

We are happy to see a minority approving the plan. A question to these would be the Benghazi question, so that we can place on stronger foothold a more rigorous scrutiny of religious pathologies. Hillary Clinton is a Methodist and John Wesley was a Brit who liked to hold prayer meetings in abandoned gun factories.

WTF is this? Stream of consciousness typing?

Just did some reading on school districts and states starting to take the lead on this....the insurance industry isn't buying it......any of it. Either they are raising rates thru the roof or denying coverage all together. Why do you think that is?

Because the insurance companies have something called "actuarial tables" and take into account the probability of someone going postal and killing people.

Wow...............the insurance companies are against this too? Good. We don't need armed teachers in school. Most of the teachers I've seen interviewed said they don't want to have to carry or have others carrying weapons in school.

The minority of teachers who thought it was a good idea.

Will make up the 10+% the president wants trained to carry a firearm. .... :thup:

Because the insurance companies have something called "actuarial tables" and take into account the probability of someone going postal and killing people.

Wow...............the insurance companies are against this too? Good. We don't need armed teachers in school. Most of the teachers I've seen interviewed said they don't want to have to carry or have others carrying weapons in school.

Our children's school has armed personnel, overwhelmingly voted for and funded by parents

You see we actually care about our children and refuse to let politics pawn them.You all should try it and maybe wouldn't end up with shot up schools and dead kids

Our children's school has armed personnel, overwhelmingly voted for and funded by parents

You see we actually care about our children and refuse to let politics pawn them.You all should try it and maybe wouldn't end up with shot up schools and dead kids
And the insurance increase for the school has been passed on thru tuition? *wink *wink

Schools Seeking to Arm Employees Hit Hurdle on Insurance

And the insurance increase for the school has been passed on thru tuition? *wink *wink

Of course it has, we're not freeloaders like you public school leeches...who can't properly educate children. Just indoctrinate them and let them get massacred

Keep sniffing grotesque one and I'll keep slapping you silly

Of course it has, we're not freeloaders like you public school leeches...who can't properly educate children. Just indoctrinate them and let them get massacred

How many average Americans do you think are well off enough to send their kids to private school?

How many average Americans do you think are well off enough to send their kids to private school?

Then you better figure out something, eh? You're not going to get a gun ban and you need to protect your children.

It’s a bad idea. Armed guards in schools is the solution to school shootings

Then you better figure out something, eh? You're not going to get a gun ban and you need to protect your children.

Wow...............just go straight for the snarky comments rather than answer the question. As far as me having to figure things out? Nope, my kids have been fully grown for a while now. I'm in my early 50's.

So, now that I've answered your snark, please answer my question.

You said you were fortunate enough to send your kids to private school. Good for you, but how many average Americans do you think can afford that?

Forum List

Back