Bombshell to Rock White House: Obama Adm. Offered Bribe to Candidate in Specter Race

For all the Hopey Changey-Bots...Just pretend the guy has an 'R' by his name and then maybe we can have a rational and common sense discussion. Laws may have been broken and this does seem worthy of an investigation. It is what it is.

And yet you continuously just say "Laws have been broken" without pointing out even one instance of an actual law being broken... :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

You can keep repeating yourself until you're blue in the face, it's not going to magically make a criminal act appear...

I don't know if any law has been broken, but John F. Kennedy once said, ""It is a federal offense to offer any man a federal job in return for a favor."

But he didn't write the laws, so technically it's his opinion...

I don't know if any law has been broken, but John F. Kennedy once said, ""It is a federal offense to offer any man a federal job in return for a favor."

taking one political position over another isn't the type of 'favor' they were contemplating. the law contemplates the job seeker offering something of value in exchange for a position.

here, if the nameless, faceless, detailess allegations are taken at their most negative, all that was said was, don't run for that spot... we're sure there's another place for you"

that isn't a big deal in my book...

it's the whole faux outrage, thumping of the rightwingnuts...

rule of thumb... if the USArmyRetired dude with his head up palin's butt says it: it's a troll.. ;)

and if there's any doubt about it, the other thread on this exact topic was started by one of our other wingnutilicious trols.. 'ihopehefails'. :cuckoo:

taking one political position over another isn't the type of 'favor' they were contemplating. the law contemplates the job seeker offering something of value in exchange for a position.

here, if the nameless, faceless, detailess allegations are taken at their most negative, all that was said was, don't run for that spot... we're sure there's another place for you"

that isn't a big deal in my book...

IF (yes, big "IF") Sestak was told "Hey dude. If you drop out of the race so our boy Arlen has no opponent, we'll get you a nice cushy admin position as a token of our appreciation. How's that sound?" then might that cushy admin position be considered "something of value"? I think that's the argument most are making...

you shouldn't have cut out the end of the post... because THAT is what it comes down to.

And happens all the time with political parties.

Hey..Hillary, campaign for me... there will be a place for you ...

Hey.... McCain... sell your soul and support my policies and it will be your turn next time...

For all the Hopey Changey-Bots...Just pretend the guy has an 'R' by his name and then maybe we can have a rational and common sense discussion. Laws may have been broken and this does seem worthy of an investigation. It is what it is.

And yet you continuously just say "Laws have been broken" without pointing out even one instance of an actual law being broken... :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

You can keep repeating yourself until you're blue in the face, it's not going to magically make a criminal act appear...

What favor is that? If you get offered a job at WH, you can't run for office. Or did the guy not run, then get the job later?

you shouldn't have cut out the end of the post... because THAT is what it comes down to.

Hey.... McCain... sell your soul and support my policies and it will be your turn next time...

I don't know J... Hillary and McCain were offered their positions when they were out of their respective races... This seems more like tampering with an as yet undetermined competition... Not saying that doesn't happen either, but there are not enough facts here for me to dismiss it outright as "politics as usual"...

What favor is that? If you get offered a job at WH, you can't run for office. Or did the guy not run, then get the job later?

That is exactly what we are asking. He implied that he was asked not to give specter any real competition and in return he would be offered a spot in the WH.

If, in fact, it was presented to him as "we want you in the WH but that means you can not run"....then that is fine.

But seeing as he implied it was said otherwise, then we need to ask what his motive was to lie about it.

And when you add in that lying about it would mean the end of his political career...certainly as a democrat....we then must assume there must be another motive for him lying....or is it possible that he is telling the truth.

Thus why this warrants some questioning.

I am unclear what it is that you are missing here.

I don't know J... Hillary and McCain were offered their positions when they were out of their respective races... This seems more like tampering with an as yet undetermined competition... Not saying that doesn't happen either, but there are not enough facts here for me to dismiss it outright as "politics as usual"...

Not to mention that if, in fact, it was done as a means to ensure Specter a seat, then we need to ask ourselves if it is moral that the WH gets involved in molding congress in its image......as that is a direct conflict with the natural checks and balances that our governmental design is supposed to ensure.

But why should anyone on the left care? It is to their advantage.

Of course, until it happens the other way around.

The problem is not washington...the problem is the hyper partisanship of the people.

Maybe we all could hold Washington acountable regardless of the letter after their name.

I know Bush missed out on my vote in Nov. 2003.

I would have to see what the legal definition of "anything of value" is. Not all quid pro quo is illegal. But giving gifts, money, real estate, trips are illegal.

And I must believe that "giving" a positon in the WH at a pre-determined salary and benefits in return for a "favor" would be considered something of value as well.

Now the question is....did it happen?

It may be...but is it illegal to offer jobs in government to members of your own party? For whatever reason? For example, if you help me get elected...is it illegal for me to offer you Secretary of the Navy?

(btw...SecNav has to be approved by the Senate, doesn't it?)

yes he does. retired admirals usually do pretty well i expect.

when was the last time a candidate with his credentials was rejected by a senate controlled by the president's party?

it's a matter of intent and we'll never know, imo, but i don't see what sestack has to gain by going public with it if it's not true.

(btw, he's refused to say it was SecNav that he was offered)

This certainly is a Federal Crime and Impeachable Offense for offering bribes for political gain. This is the type of pure corruption and violation of ethics that Sarah Palin took on within her own party as Governor in Alaska and the end results were jail time and multiple indictments for the individuals.
The Obama Administration is stomping with dirty feet all over the United States Constitution and the Ethic Laws of the Federal Government they swore to uphold in order to achieve their marxist agenda for personal gain at the expense of the American Taxpayer. When is enough enough? It's time for the American people to stand up along with the MSM and demand answers and a full scale investigation into this alleged criminal act and hold those in violation accountable so they can be prosecuted and that includes the President of the United States.

"Whoever solicits or receives … any….thing of value, in consideration of the promise of support or use of influence in obtaining for any person any appointive office or place under the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both." -- 18 USC Sec. 211 -- Bribery, Graft and Conflicts of Interest: Acceptance or solicitation to obtain appointive public office

The American Spectator : White House Accused of Federal Crime in Specter, Bennet Races

A bombshell has just exploded in the 2010 elections.

For the second time in five months, the Obama White House is being accused -- by Democrats -- of offering high ranking government jobs in return for political favors. What no one is reporting is that this is a violation of federal law that can lead to prison time, a fine or both, according to Title 18, Chapter 11, Section 211 of the United States Code.

The jobs in question? Secretary of the Navy and a position within the U.S. Agency for International Development.

The favor requested in return? Withdrawal from Senate challenges to two sitting United States Senators, both Democrats supported by President Obama. The Senators are Arlen Specter in Pennsylvania and Michael Bennet in Colorado.

where's your outrage now?

:lol:

This certainly is a Federal Crime and Impeachable Offense for offering bribes for political gain. This is the type of pure corruption and violation of ethics that Sarah Palin took on within her own party as Governor in Alaska and the end results were jail time and multiple indictments for the individuals.
The Obama Administration is stomping with dirty feet all over the United States Constitution and the Ethic Laws of the Federal Government they swore to uphold in order to achieve their marxist agenda for personal gain at the expense of the American Taxpayer. When is enough enough? It's time for the American people to stand up along with the MSM and demand answers and a full scale investigation into this alleged criminal act and hold those in violation accountable so they can be prosecuted and that includes the President of the United States.

"Whoever solicits or receives … any….thing of value, in consideration of the promise of support or use of influence in obtaining for any person any appointive office or place under the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both." -- 18 USC Sec. 211 -- Bribery, Graft and Conflicts of Interest: Acceptance or solicitation to obtain appointive public office

The American Spectator : White House Accused of Federal Crime in Specter, Bennet Races

A bombshell has just exploded in the 2010 elections.

For the second time in five months, the Obama White House is being accused -- by Democrats -- of offering high ranking government jobs in return for political favors. What no one is reporting is that this is a violation of federal law that can lead to prison time, a fine or both, according to Title 18, Chapter 11, Section 211 of the United States Code.

The jobs in question? Secretary of the Navy and a position within the U.S. Agency for International Development.

The favor requested in return? Withdrawal from Senate challenges to two sitting United States Senators, both Democrats supported by President Obama. The Senators are Arlen Specter in Pennsylvania and Michael Bennet in Colorado.

Forum List

Back