Bombshell study concludes there is no evidence for anthropogenic climate change...

What would they disagree with? Nothing I wrote there is controversial. So, no, I don't believe we can agree on that and besides I'm not even sure you can disagree with that because you already admitted you don't know.
I'm fine admitting I don't know something, that is why I rely on the experts.

There have been climate cycles since the Earth was born and there have been many factors involved. Why would you suppose that only one was at work today?
I wouldn't but the IPCC does. Which is probably why their models are incapable of history matching. And since you believe that man is responsible for the recent warming trend, you probably believe it too. Actions speak louder than words.

The Himalayans were only one cause of transitioning to an icehouse world. Others (and more important) are plate tectonics thermally isolating the polar regions from warm marine currents which lowered the temperature threshold for extensive glaciation at each pole with each pole having very different glaciation characteristics because of their landmass distribution and resulting ocean circulations and orbital forcing which triggers glacial periods when temperature is close to the thresholds. You can see this on the oxygen isotope curve.

But none of this has anything to do with comparing the last to interglacial periods of which disproves CO2 driving the planet's temperature.
So you've said. Have you run an experiment and controlled for every other factor? If not, I expect this is a climate model you've created. You may be right but other climate models disagree.

What would they disagree with? Nothing I wrote there is controversial. So, no, I don't believe we can agree on that and besides I'm not even sure you can disagree with that because you already admitted you don't know.
You put everything on CO2, I don't know if every climate scientist would with you. Would they? I admit I don't know, I don't admit that you do, I have yet to see your credentials.

Wow, is that telling.
I'm all for accepting knowledge on the authority of others. Just not blindly. And that is especially true for the ones who say the matter is settled. I trust those the least and look closer at their claims.

Since I doubt that CO2 is the only factor, I can't answer that question. But feel free to ask it again.
The simple answer is that CO2 doesn't drive the planet's temperature. Which is why you WON'T answer the question.

So you've said. Have you run an experiment and controlled for every other factor? If not, I expect this is a climate model you've created. You may be right but other climate models disagree.
There has never been glaciation at any pole without that pole being thermally isolated from marine currents. Never. It's in the geologic record. The reason why should be self evident. It's harder for ice to form over water than it is over land.

You put everything on CO2, I don't know if every climate scientist would with you. Would they? I admit I don't know, I don't admit that you do, I have yet to see your credentials.
But they absolutely have. You need to see my credentials to believe the so called scientific experts blame CO2 for the recent warming trend?

I find it odd that you say you rely upon the experts and yet you don't have a clue what the experts are saying.

I tend to trust the consensus of people who have spent their careers studying that subject. Trusting an anonymous message board poster would be blindness.
But you still don't know that they believe that CO2 is responsible for the recent warming trend, right?

What do you know?

Forum List

Back