Bohemian Rhapsody: Queen

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Saw it last night, of course the music was awesome :D
The actor they picked to play Brian May - Good Lord...he could be his twin! He looks just like him.
This was by far Rami Malik's best performance. Outstanding.

As for the movie... a little light IMO. It was basically "The Freddie Mercury Story", but almost just hopping along the highlights and not really delving into anything pretty much everyone already knew. Nothing new here.
I would rate it 3 stars out of 5.
Wait for the stream.

I saw the previews and couldn't believe how much the actor looked like Freddy Mercury. Almost creepy! Thanks for the review...
He really did a great job. Particularly when performing on stage as Freddie. I saw Queen way back when...and the way Malik portrayed him was dead nuts.

The actor they picked to play Brian May - Good Lord...he could be his twin! He looks just like him.

As for the movie... a little light IMO. It was basically "The Freddie Mercury Story", but almost just hopping along the highlights and not really delving into anything pretty much everyone already knew. Nothing new here.
Wait for the stream.
I'd give it a 4 out of 5.

Like someone else said, they did an amazing job of making the actor look just like Freddy Mercury.

They also did a perfect recreation of Queen's Live Aid performance.

My daughter is really into Queen and has been waiting for a long time for this movie to come out. She loved it.

My son is not into Queen, and he told a friend, "You would like this movie if you are into Queen and don't mind seeing guys kissing." :lol:

Wait for the stream.
I'd give it a 4 out of 5.

Like someone else said, they did an amazing job of making the actor look just like Freddy Mercury.

They also did a perfect recreation of Queen's Live Aid performance.

My daughter is really into Queen and has been waiting for a long time for this movie to come out. She loved it.

My son is not into Queen, and he told a friend, "You would like this movie if you are into Queen and don't mind seeing guys kissing." :lol:

The best part of the movie was indeed the last 10 minutes of the Live Aid concert. And I completely agree they did a great job. And Rami mimicked Freddie Mercury on stage to a T. It was fantastic.
It's the rest of the movie that, IMO, was unremarkable.
Music and Rami Malik's performance as Freddie - damn near 5 stars.
Everything else... meh.

Loved the movie. Could have been a few hours longer and would have liked it just as much.

As for the story, cartoonish. As I understand it, Brian May would often tell Freddy to have a cookie and sit in the corner. He is much more passive in the movie than he was IRL. The timeline was a complete joke.

Forum List

Back