Boehner Holds Speaker

Can we all try to understand one thing - just one simple thing.

EVERY new POTUS and EVERY new Congress has been committed to honoring a lot of the spending that was approved by previous congresses. You can't just suddenly stop funding a war (or two) or social programs or defense contracts or road contracts.
Sure you can...What's stopping anyone from doing it?

EVERY new POTUS and EVERY new Congress has been committed to honoring a lot of the spending that was approved by previous congresses. You can't just suddenly stop funding a war (or two) or social programs or defense contracts or road contracts.

I wish I knew.

I wish I knew.
Nothing is stopping them...Well, except for people like you who say "you can't just cut spending!" :lol:

Nope, unless you are going to revise the definition of "neo-conservatism" and engage in presentism, Jroc, and besides even Eric Cantor is to your far left.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oddball you are far to the right of Ayn Rand. And I see that you are implying present-ism in you comment.

Ron Paul mentions, does he not, the failed leftists moved into the far conservative wing of the GOP and condemns the party for it.

And to suggest that post WWII containment is the same as pro-active neo-imperialism of the later eighties and on is preposterous.

Failures at revisionism, redefinition, and narrative reframing is why the neo-conservatives as well as their enemies the libertarians who suffer the same faults, are failing as voices in modern 21st century America.

Too bad Pelosi didn't win

Maybe the House could actually accomplish something

:lol:

How come reading stupid shit on this board makes me laugh so much?

Nancy Pelosi: The Most Effective Speaker of the House in History | Alternet

We’re looking at an extraordinary set of accomplishments over a brief period of time,” said Norman Ornstein, resident scholar at the conservative American Enterprise Institute. “She ranks with the most consequential speakers, certainly in the last 75 years.”

Pelosi faced a House so divided along party lines that she couldn’t count on a single Republican vote for legislation–which means that she had to wrangle fellow Democrats to demonstrate a discipline and unity they have not been famous for. Out of that unity emerged a record of public policy triumphs unmatched since the Great Society legislation of the 1960s, according to University of Oklahoma political science professor Cindy Simon Rosenthal. “And much of it is because of her,” says Rosenthal.

So if Pelosi did such a great job....why did the Republicans take over Congress and she got BOOTED? Huh?

Because the economy tanked, which was the fault of both parties and compliant presidents.

Study the Congress and (in)action about business for the 1893 depression, the 1929 depression, and the 2008 depression.

Of course she got booted. Any party would get booted.

:lol:

How come reading stupid shit on this board makes me laugh so much?

Nancy Pelosi: The Most Effective Speaker of the House in History | Alternet

We’re looking at an extraordinary set of accomplishments over a brief period of time,” said Norman Ornstein, resident scholar at the conservative American Enterprise Institute. “She ranks with the most consequential speakers, certainly in the last 75 years.”

Pelosi faced a House so divided along party lines that she couldn’t count on a single Republican vote for legislation–which means that she had to wrangle fellow Democrats to demonstrate a discipline and unity they have not been famous for. Out of that unity emerged a record of public policy triumphs unmatched since the Great Society legislation of the 1960s, according to University of Oklahoma political science professor Cindy Simon Rosenthal. “And much of it is because of her,” says Rosenthal.

So if Pelosi did such a great job....why did the Republicans take over Congress and she got BOOTED? Huh?

Gerrymander.......what a concept

Democrats took a million more votes in the Congressional elections yet still lost by twenty seats

Last edited:
Not much else could be done. Cantor would have been a sideways move and they didn't have anyone else that could do it.

Pelosi would have been interesting with a Republican majority..:D

How would Pelosi have won, being in the minority party?

Forum List

Back