Boehner: Failing To Raise The Debt Limit Puts Economy In Great Jeopardy

Today Speaker Boehner's rhetoric changed, he may have begun to understand the potential danger a failure to raise the debt limit poses to our nation and our people. I hope Boehner is strong enough to face face down the forces which now control the House of Representatives, a group of radicals who seem bent on creating a financial crisis for political opportunity alone.

It's Boehner's time to be heroic. He must decided: Country first, party first or Boehner first; any decision he makes not predicated on country first will cause his speakership to be a falure.

Boehner: Failing To Raise The Debt Limit Puts Economy In Great Jeopardy | TPMDC

In a political role reversal Friday, House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) warned that Congress risks severely harming the economy and exacerbating the unemployment crisis if it fails to raise the national debt ceiling in the next four weeks.

"While some think we can go past August 2nd, I frankly think it puts us in an awful lot of jeopardy, and puts our economy in jeopardy, risking even more jobs," Boehner told reporters at his weekly Capitol briefing.

His statement comes as a quiet rebuke to members of his own party who've argued that smacking against the ceiling -- or even defaulting briefly on the debt -- poses no great risk to the economy.

Interesting that he makes these comments now. Thoughts USMB?

He's playing politics... He is a politician, you know...

Remember, your hero zero also plays politics... How soon the left forgets how Barry came out strongly aginst raising the ceiling not that long ago...

It's a dance and we'll just have to see how it turns out... Right now they are far apart....

Boehner: Failing To Raise The Debt Limit Puts Economy In Great Jeopardy
DUH, so why are you playing games Boehner?

Con, do you think we got broke over the policies of the last two years?
It got worse under Barry's failed leadership, Autozona the fuckstain... Wake up... History didn't stop when your the object of your whack-off fantasies took office... At least the 0bama admin staff got sweetheart raises while Rome burns...:clap2:

Fucking idiot...

Educate yourself and find that if we go back to bush era policies, we will go into a depression. Obama did what he had to do save this fucking country, due to bush's policies. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW CLOSE WE WERE TO A DEPRESSION?
Tell the class how much better people are because of your hero's policies... How unemployment has dropped significantly and ereyone who wants a job can find one.. Tell the class how easy it is to sell your house and how good it is for us to be fighting the Lybians...

Boner is bush. He really is. He has dont NOTHING towards job creation. Nothing!
0bama is Carter - only worse...

You assholes kept saying "Give 0bama some time" 2 and a half years into his Epic Failure, but sound the alarm after only 6 months of a R controlled House while ignoring the fact the the democratics shoot down any plan in the democratic controlles Senate...

Keep it coming Autozona....

Con, do you think we got broke over the policies of the last two years?
It got worse under Barry's failed leadership, Autozona the fuckstain... Wake up... History didn't stop when your the object of your whack-off fantasies took office... At least the 0bama admin staff got sweetheart raises while Rome burns...:clap2:

Fucking idiot...

Educate yourself and find that if we go back to bush era policies, we will go into a depression. Obama did what he had to do save this fucking country, due to bush's policies. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW CLOSE WE WERE TO A DEPRESSION?
Tell the class how much better people are because of your hero's policies... How unemployment has dropped significantly and ereyone who wants a job can find one.. Tell the class how easy it is to sell your house and how good it is for us to be fighting the Lybians...

0bama is Carter - only worse...

You assholes kept saying "Give 0bama some time" 2 and a half years into his Epic Failure, but sound the alarm after only 6 months of a R controlled House while ignoring the fact the the democratics shoot down any plan in the democratic controlles Senate...

Keep it coming Autozona....
lewinskys like him fail to point out that the deregulation of banks happened under reagan and then moreso clinton.

lewinskys like him fail to point out that the deregulation of banks happened under clinton.

Deregulation started under Reagan, continued through Clinton (especially with Alan Greenspan and the Administration's hands-off policy), and continued on right through Bush until Enron. And even after that, it occurred from time to time.

Big surprise. The two parties are hardly different at all. When it comes to the philosophy that matters, they always end up with the same policy. More wars, more welfare, more taxes, more spending, more debt. I am afraid things wont change until we hit an economic crisis. The size scope of this current government is unsustainable.

lewinskys like him fail to point out that the deregulation of banks happened under clinton.

Deregulation started under Reagan, continued through Clinton (especially with Alan Greenspan and the Administration's hands-off policy), and continued on right through Bush until Enron. And even after that, it occurred from time to time.

see the edit. without the repeal of Glass Steagall, the bank failures never would have happened.

Big surprise. The two parties are hardly different at all. When it comes to the philosophy that matters, they always end up with the same policy. More wars, more welfare, more taxes, more spending, more debt. I am afraid things wont change until we hit an economic crisis. The size scope of this current government is unsustainable.

We have endless everything going on right now. I think we're already in an economic crisis that's getting worse by the day.

Do you think that means the GOP (or least the leadership) will accept the concessions that President Obama has offered up?

Yes, the 'so-called' leadership will cave.....and woe on them. Many of us will be just as pissed off at them as we were the D's.

The House (who controls the $$) is controlled by Republicans...........they don't need to give a damn inch............

I have many credit cards that raise my 'limit' every year........do I run right out and spend it because I can??????????????? FUCK NO.

Its called responsibility.

I say, not only DO NOT RAISE THE CREDIT LIMIT, I say LOWER it (to at least Clinton years).....and let the chips fall where they may.

We're Americans.........we'll deal with it......

Get the damned fed out of our pockets and watch this country revive itself within a year.

you could be talking about 1929-style "chips"

^^^^^^^^
this

see the edit. without the repeal of Glass Steagall, the bank failures never would have happened.

Lets not forget the Fannie and Freddie Fiasco perpetuated by those in charge of them....

Fair enough. The Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act was one of the worst pieces of legislation. The Democrats were right in opposing the repeal the first time and then were major morons for agreeing to repeal it after some tinkering was made. Perhaps the worst thing Clinton did while in office was not put a stop to all the deregulating.

Lets not forget the Fannie and Freddie Fiasco perpetuated by those in charge of them....

i consider the GS repeal a necessary but not sufficient condition for the failures.

Fair enough. The Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act was one of the worst pieces of legislation. The Democrats were right in opposing the repeal the first time and then were major morons for agreeing to repeal it after some tinkering was made. Perhaps the worst thing Clinton did while in office was not put a stop to all the deregulating.

Authored by Repubs but yes, sadly, signed by Clinton.

Yes it was. That was one of the biggest problems of the bubbles. It gave off the idea that we finally figured out the markets and could beat it. So therefore, deregulation would just be a swell idea. And then only a few years later, that myth came out crashing down hard.

And considering the lack of regulation to come out of the crisis, I wouldn't be surprised to see another similar incident happen in the future.

That exactly what I said. This idiot is holding us hostage again so his corporate and uber rich friends wont have to pay.

Here is the deal, say raising taxes on the uber rich wont create jobs, but cutting medicare and SS will?

Fuck republicans are dumb. They really are.

Your hatred of R's is noted by your avi.

Quit drinking the partisan class warfare kookaid for a minute and educate yourself as to the reality of where we are today.

As an 'r' I can....but you can't.::eusa_hand:

In case you haven't noticed ......We're broke.

Con, do you think we got broke over the policies of the last two years? Educate yourself and find that if we go back to bush era policies, we will go into a depression. Obama did what he had to do save this fucking country, due to bush's policies. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW CLOSE WE WERE TO A DEPRESSION?

I don't have to educate myself in just the last couple years.....I've self-educated myself for the last 200+ years.....have you?

Buy a clue.......BO is Bush on steroids.....I didn't like Bush....I hate BO...but do remember who had control of the purse strings since '06 <cough> Pelosi.

Its ok to put down your glass of koolaid....it really is. You might even get more respect if you did.

If not....Go to bed Shelly, you really really need your beauty sleep.

Yes it was. That was one of the biggest problems of the bubbles. It gave off the idea that we finally figured out the markets and could beat it. So therefore, deregulation would just be a swell idea. And then only a few years later, that myth came out crashing down hard.

And considering the lack of regulation to come out of the crisis, I wouldn't be surprised to see another similar incident happen in the future.

that's the scary part. they had the power and didn't do what was necessary to keep future problems from happening.

I don't have to educate myself in just the last couple years.....I've self-educated myself for the last 200+ years.....have you? .

:eek: You're over 200+ years old? Teach me your ways of keeping one's youth!

Forum List

Back