Bob Turner: What It Means.

In any case..it really shouldn't be our gig to solve their problems or support either side. But somehow, magically, we can financially support BOTH sides.

Go figure.
LOL I had a feeling you didn't know basic math! Think clinches it!

Only if it's Kosher mother...

Amazing special election action last night. In a district that is 40% Jewish this is undeniably a referendum of this administration's Israeli policy which has been strenuous to say the least. This administration has been the most friendly to the supposed Palestinian cause, giving this bunch of murderous lying extremists ill-deserved legitimacy, at the expense of the only true ally in the region.

Both sides have been pretty murderous..and if you are keeping count, Israel's killed more Americans then the Palestinians.

In any case..it really shouldn't be our gig to solve their problems or support either side. But somehow, magically, we can financially support BOTH sides.

Go figure.

No, the two sides are not morally equivalent. The Palestinians, a group of people that never existed until Palestine was fabricated as a justification for terrorist acts against civilians targets such as schools and discos, have been granted all rights as Israeli citizens.

If Palestine is ever granted statehood, and if Obama has his way it will, the same rights will not be given to Israelis.

It is disrespectful to the Israelis that have been killed in the rocket bombings of civilian targets.
You got that right. The palestinians have no legal or historical right to any land that BELONGS to Israel.

I'll bring a slab of freshly killed beef.:lol:

Amazing special election action last night. In a district that is 40% Jewish this is undeniably a referendum of this administration's Israeli policy which has been strenuous to say the least. This administration has been the most friendly to the supposed Palestinian cause, giving this bunch of murderous lying extremists ill-deserved legitimacy, at the expense of the only true ally in the region.

Both sides have been pretty murderous..and if you are keeping count, Israel's killed more Americans then the Palestinians.

Go figure.

The Palestinian people does not exist. The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle against the state of Israel for our Arab unity. In reality today there is no difference between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. Only for political and tactical reasons do we speak today about the existence of a Palestinian people, since Arab national interests demand that we posit the existence of a distinct "Palestinian people" to oppose Zionism.

For tactical reasons, Jordan, which is a sovereign state with defined borders, cannot raise claims to Haifa and Jaffa, while as a Palestinian, I can undoubtedly demand Haifa, Jaffa, Beer-Sheva and Jerusalem. However, the moment we reclaim our right to all of Palestine, we will not wait even a minute to unite Palestine and Jordan.

March 31, 1977 Palestine Liberation Organization executive committee member Zahir Muhsein

It means nothing.

Really?

"Other Democrats found plenty of sources for gloom and doom, including the district’s Catholic population.

“If [Obama] can’t win Catholics in Democratic New York, how are you going to win Catholics in Missouri and across the country?” said New York City Democratic strategist Hank Sheinkopf.

Democrats saturated the district with robo-calls from former President Bill Clinton and Gov. Andrew Cuomo as the race neared the home stretch. The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee rushed into the fray with late-game TV ad buys in New York’s expensive media market, as did House Majority PAC, the Democratic super PAC."

Read more: Bob Turner calls victory a 'referendum' - Dan Hirschhorn and Alex Isenstadt - POLITICO.com

Means nothing???
Really, really???

"...robo-calls from former President Bill Clinton and Gov. Andrew Cuomo..."
Recognize any of the names?

Means nothing??
"Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee rushed into the fray ..."

So much for any claim of political insight from you.

You should stick to posts like "Oh, yeah???" and "Who says??"

Notice the different reaction our forum Marxists are having in this thread, where their guy lost, compared to the NY-29 thread, where their guy won.

This Thread

You mean this isn't an indicator that Rick Perry is going to carry New York in 2012??

Comon!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

That thread

That's absolutely false. As Davis declined in the polls in the last couple weeks, Hochul rose.

Hochul just singlehandedly saved Medicare for a generation, and booted Paul Ryan back into the crackpot hole he climbed out of.

Exactly as I predicted btw, lololol.

This thread

That thread

This thread

It means nothing.

That thread

The problem with the right in my opinion is when one disagrees with another they get tossed under the bus.
I've seen it time and time again from high profile people to regular posters.

You dont see it as often on the left as you do on the right. Its just two different animals. While the left are push overs, the right as 17 different heads pulling in 17 different directions all wanting their way.

I've seen people tossed from Steele, To Karl Rove. Thats the problem with todays Climate. Its become single issues and not a whole, So the divide becomes greater.

Why are you lying about my position?

If I were the Dems I'd be very worried about 2012.

That seat was a Dem lock since the 20's and now its a Rep seat??

I think that pendulum is gonna swing big time.

were you worried about 1010 because you got your butts kicked in NY 23?

or are you shivering in your boots b/c the WI assembly turned lost two repub seats in an unprecedented recall effort?

thought not.

now grow up.

I'm all grown up thanks. Been that way for a while Jill..

I'm just looking when the Reps got kicked out by the Dems. When the Dems got the whole enchilada. Same thing happened vice versa back in the 90's for the Reps.

Could happen again in 2012.

Just sayin.

NY 23 had a whole lot of other dynamics. As did 26

Both races were three ways. In 26 the Party imposed a candidate that the local citizens despised. (The official candidate dropped out and endorsed the democrat because she was polling in the single digits.) The republicans tore each other apart. NY 23 had an unofficial candidate running on a single issue platform that bled voters away from the Republican candidate. The guy was a democrat stalking horse.

Here we had two candidates, equally lame. The local folks thought Weiner got shafted and were mad at the party machinery anyway. There were only two candidates and the major part of the rhetoric was directed at Obama's foreign policy problems. The Democrats spend an inordinate amount of money and it didn't do a bit of good.

What lessons can we learn from these elections?

1) Party identification is really very fluid, and does not matter much right now.
2) For the Tea Party, economics is not a big selling point. The main point they have going for them is that they are the creativly destructive party on both sides. The main issue for the tea party is that Washington lectures but does not listen. That is the reverse of the way it is supposed to happen
3) large amounts of cash in support of a loosing candidate doesn't really help much.
4) local house seats elections are becoming more and more nationalized.
5) Even the most obscenely gerrymandered seat is still not safe when the voters are really upset. NY 9 was a really ugly looking district, two big chunks of voters held together by a narrow strip. As redistricting happens in NY, legislators might consider making less goofy looking districts and have the voters select the representatives rather than vice versa

Typically special elections dont get decent turn out. Had this been a normal election i would agree with you. This wasnt therefore it didnt really matter.

I sleep quite fine with obamas numbers.

Do we know what the turn out was? The margin of victory for Turner was quite staggering for this district, low turn out or not.

I guess. He won good for him, but there is no message to be found here.

Also those other quotes really have nothing to do with this topic. It was a nice try but it is still a fail.

I dont paint you to be a partisan hack so please dont with me. Im not.

Yes, a 40% Jewish liberal NY district that has never elected a Republican much less a conservative since the 1920's--the same district that elected Charles Schumer, Geraldine Ferraro, Anthony Weiner--means nothing.

Keep telling yourself that. :lol:

OK....you can come to the party.

I'll bring a slab of freshly killed beef.:lol:

"Only if it's Kosher mother..."
He's gonna say you're a 'birther'!!!

Yes really....this is about as stupid as saying obama sealed his relection with killing osama.

We are over a year away from the election moron.get a fucking clue.

Yep. We are a year away and anything can happen.

I do have a clue dude. Perhaps you should try to catch one.

I live in NYC, and I followed this election closely. Both candidates ripped Obama.

It's a fact that Jews have come to fear Obama (as they should).

That means he will lose crucial Jewish votes in swing states, and he won't get as much money from Jewish donors.

That is true; the Jews turned away and so did the unions:

HOWARD BEACH, N.Y.—The Democratic Party’s rare loss of a congressional seat in its urban heartland Tuesday, accompanied by a blowout defeat in a Nevada special election, marked the latest in a string of demoralizing setbacks that threatened to deepen the party’s crisis of confidence and raise concerns about President Barack Obama’s political fortunes.
Read more: Twin defeats spark Democratic fears - Jonathan Martin and Ben Smith and Jake Sherman - POLITICO.com

In New York, Republican Bob Turner soundly defeated Democrat David Weprin in a House contest that — in the view of party leaders, at least — featured an anemic urban machine, distracted labor unions and disloyal voters. In Nevada, a consequential state for the president’s reelection strategy, Democrats suffered a runaway loss rooted in a weak showing in Reno’s Washoe County, a key bellwether

Read more: Twin defeats spark Democratic fears - Jonathan Martin and Ben Smith and Jake Sherman - POLITICO.com

A senior Hill Democratic aide was more direct in attempting to explain the New York loss: “The approval ratings for the guy at the other end of Pennsylvania Avenue cratered.”

A Turner consultant, Steve Goldberg, validated that assessment: “It was all Obama — not even a thought of anything else.”

On a high-level campaign conference call Tuesday afternoon, Democratic donors and strategists commiserated over their disappointment in Obama. A source on the call described the mood as “awful.”

“People feel betrayed, disappointed, furious, disgusted, hopeless,” said the source

Last edited:

or are you shivering in your boots b/c the WI assembly turned lost two repub seats in an unprecedented recall effort?

thought not.

now grow up.

I'm all grown up thanks. Been that way for a while Jill..

I'm just looking when the Reps got kicked out by the Dems. When the Dems got the whole enchilada. Same thing happened vice versa back in the 90's for the Reps.

Could happen again in 2012.

Just sayin.

Could very well happen...but recall Oscar Wilde's note: two tragedies...not getting what you want, and getting what you want.

The worst times for the nation, as far as spending, is when one party owned the whole shebang.

Let's hope that an actual conservative wins the White House.

Yes really....this is about as stupid as saying obama sealed his relection with killing osama.

So agree with me and say i dont have a clue.
Fuck you

Wonderfully insightful post. :clap2:

Let me ask you again, do you really believe that a 40% Jewish, liberal NY district that has never elected a Republican much less a conservative since the 1920's--the same district that elected Charles Schumer, Geraldine Ferraro, Anthony Weiner--really has no implications to the 2012 presidential election, even though both candidates openly denounced Obama.

This is a reoccurring theme among liberals. 78% of American say the country is heading in the wrong direction, meaningless. All time disapproval, meaningless. Record deficits, meaningless.

Delusional, these people are delusional.

So agree with me and say i dont have a clue.
Fuck you

Fuck you seems to be your favorite expression.

Oh and BTW I did agree with you. Your right. 2012 is a year away and anything can happen.

You and I aren't the only ones who know this. Thats what my "catch a clue" was refering to.

Just for the hell of it, FUCK YOU right back at ya. LOL.

Last edited:

The loss of NY9 effectively makes Barack Obama a lame duck President 1-1/2 years before the election. Harry Reid is already stating that his jobs bill will not meet the muster of the democrat lead senate--and as far as I know no democrat in the house has yet introduced this bill.

We will start to see Democrats distancing themselves from Obama--while making certain not to vote for any bill he brings to the floor.

$donkey stimulus.jpg

It may actually be too late for any Dem to cut bait with Obama. Maybe if they go independant before the year is out and the Rep challanger is so lame that he fails to point out the switch for political reasons.

Dems had their way, they passed the single worst peice of legislation ever without even reading it .... Let me say that again WITHOUT EVEN READING IT ... I think cutting bait is a little too late, Obama has already taken them to the bottom.

I think the coming election will be similair to the Reagan v Mondale race ... Only I think Obama can hold Illinois and maybe (MAYBE) New York. The destruction his ideas and the support of his party has done to the country remind me of Carter (including the gas prices)

I once thought Carter was the worst Prez ever ... Not so, Obama tops (or undercuts) him for the slot as the worst ever.

Carter resulted in a 12 years with the Dems not sniffing the top office. I, for one, am hoping history repeats

Last edited:
It may actually be too late for any Dem to cut bait with Obama. Maybe if they go independant before the year is out and the Rep challanger is so lame that he fails to point out the switch for political reasons.

Dems had their way, they passed the single worst peice of legislation ever without even reading it .... Let me say that again WITHOUT EVEN READING IT ... I think cutting bait is a little too late, Obama has already taken them to the bottom.

I think the coming election will be similair to the Reagan v Mondale race ... Only I think Obama can hold Illinois and maybe (MAYBE) New York. The destruction his ideas and the support of his party has done to the country remind me of Carter (including the gas prices)

I once thought Carter was the worst Prez ever ... Not so, Obama tops (or undercuts) him for the slot as the worst ever.

Carter resulted in a 12 years with the Dems not sniffing the top office. I, for one, am hoping history repeats

"It may actually be too late for any Dem to cut bait with Obama."

I assume that you mean find anothe candidate?

No, this is not Franklin Pierce...they can't.

"But what exactly would that mean? In how many states do black voters make the difference? I ran some rough numbers over at Robert Emmet -- check them out. Depending on how much of a drop-off you assume, it could cost the Democrats 10 to 76 electoral votes."
Robert Schlesinger: The Democrats and the Black Vote

thought not.now grow up.

NOt really. First in NY23, the Conservative vote was split between Repubilcan and Conservative candidates, until the Republican dropped out. So this isn't indictative.

Similarly, in Wisconsin, one guy was shot down by a sex scandal, the other was in a district so predominately democratic her election was a fluke from the get go. The unions poured millions into races that usually are run for less than five figures, and came up short.

Now, there were a lot of other factors going on here, but even on MSNBC, they are saying this is a big deal, and Democrats better take it as a wake up call. Democrats outnumber GOP 3-1 in this district. They outspent the Republican candidate by a heavy amount. And they lost.

If Obama loses ground amongst Jewish and Catholic voters, he's toast.

Rush revealed on his radio show Wed morning -after Turner had won - that it was Turner who launched his TV show back in 1992.

Forum List

Back