Bob Turner: What It Means.

The whole election is in play and it is way to soon to call it. Weiner needed to leave and if the dem's think his actions represent their party I suggest that tonight at dinner they get their kids together and tell them that this type of behavior is OK. What has happened to personal responsibility?

A seat the Dims held since 1923 - that's 88 years for those keeping score at home or attended public schools - with the largest Jewish population of any district in the country, and it went for Barry in '08 by 11 points. That's so bad any spin by the jackass party is laughable, but they've got no other choice than spin it anyway. What's the alternative, admit Obama is a complete lightweight in well over his head and jump ship?

Well, some might be smart enough to make the leap...especially among the 23 dimocrat senators up for reelection on Barry's ticket next election, as over all things at this point are lining up as a potential ass kicking not seen since, well, November '10 in Liberal Land.

Meanwhile, anyone in Chicago hear if David Axelrod jumped off the Michigan Ave. bridge into the Chicago river this morning?

Typically special elections dont get decent turn out. Had this been a normal election i would agree with you. This wasnt therefore it didnt really matter.

I sleep quite fine with obamas numbers.

Do we know what the turn out was? The margin of victory for Turner was quite staggering for this district, low turn out or not.

Staggering considering, what, exactly?

Democrats put up a weak candidate. The district is going away. People are pissed about the economy, Orthodox jewish voters get nuts over the slightest perception of less then all in support for Israel, lots of liberals are pissed at Obama for giving in way to much to the Republicans and the Weiner thing didn't help.

The big election is a long time away. And from the looks of things, the Republicans haven't put up anyone that seems all that reasonable. Romney comes close..but he also comes with alot of baggage.

So if you think it's over..fine.

I hope the Republicans in general feel the same exact way.

If I were the Dems I'd be very worried about 2012.

That seat was a Dem lock since the 20's and now its a Rep seat??

I think that pendulum is gonna swing big time.

were you worried about 1010 because you got your butts kicked in NY 23?

or are you shivering in your boots b/c the WI assembly turned lost two repub seats in an unprecedented recall effort?

thought not.

now grow up.

Do we know what the turn out was? The margin of victory for Turner was quite staggering for this district, low turn out or not.

Staggering considering, what, exactly?

Democrats put up a weak candidate.

:lol:

What They’ll Say if Turner Wins NY-9

1. Weprin is a weak candidate:

This one’s already started making the rounds, reports the NY Daily News:

Democratic finger-pointing has already started, with some campaign watchers blaming Queens Democratic Party Chairman Rep. Joseph Crowley for making a poor choice in Weprin.

“They wanted a weak placeholder who wouldn’t pose a problem if the district was eliminated. Well, now Crowley owns the loss if it goes that way,” said one disgruntled Democrat.

He certainly isn’t the strongest, though this didn’t start to become an issue until he started sliding in the polls. Weprin was even met with some praise from left-wing pundits when he entered the race. David Nir at the Daily Kos wrote in July:

Weprin seems like a strong candidate for us, while the Republicans are left with a quartet of second choices. It also seems like, as is often the case, the Conservative Party will serve as the tail that wags the dog: Queens Conservative chair Tom Long said his party will back 2010 candidate Bob Turner. If the GOP doesn’t get behind Turner as well, their already-not-great chances of nabbing this seat will get slimmer.

Even though some Democrats are now grumbling the Queens party chairman should have chosen a more charismatic candidate than Weprin, few would argue Turner is beating him in the charm department.

Both of the contenders have their flaws and their strong points. For example, Weprin’s prominent family and background in politics gave him a head start on name recognition. Then there’s the fact Democrats have tended to do very well in New York special elections recently, even in districts much less liberal-leaning than NY-9.

Public Policy Polling is also skeptical of the blame-Weprin argument. The Democratic polling company actually faults President Obama for the loss, noting that he won 55 percent of the vote in the district in 2008, but his approval rating has sunk to 31 percent.

“If Obama’s approval in the district was even 40 percent, Weprin would almost definitely be headed to Congress,” writes PPP. “He’s getting dragged down by something bigger than himself.”

What They

So if you think it's over..fine.

Oh, I'm not a fool. It's never over. One week in politics can turn an entire race upside down. But for today, the Obamination has been rejected in one of the most Dem friendly Congressional districts in the nation. If you really don't believe that's a warning show over the bough, you're kidding yourself.

Start chilling the champagne, PC, 2012 is a lock!

OK....you can come to the party.

I'll bring a slab of freshly killed beef.:lol:

Only if it's Kosher mother...

Amazing special election action last night. In a district that is 40% Jewish this is undeniably a referendum of this administration's Israeli policy which has been strenuous to say the least. This administration has been the most friendly to the supposed Palestinian cause, giving this bunch of murderous lying extremists ill-deserved legitimacy, at the expense of the only true ally in the region.

Notice the different reaction our forum Marxists are having in this thread, where their guy lost, compared to the NY-29 thread, where their guy won.

This Thread

You mean this isn't an indicator that Rick Perry is going to carry New York in 2012??

Comon!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

That thread

This thread

That thread

This thread

That thread

The problem with the right in my opinion is when one disagrees with another they get tossed under the bus.
I've seen it time and time again from high profile people to regular posters.

You dont see it as often on the left as you do on the right. Its just two different animals. While the left are push overs, the right as 17 different heads pulling in 17 different directions all wanting their way.

I've seen people tossed from Steele, To Karl Rove. Thats the problem with todays Climate. Its become single issues and not a whole, So the divide becomes greater.

Um..I'm not a Marxist..and I don't remember mapping you to any political ideology.

It's a generally weak debater that finds the need to denigrate his opposition on a personal level.

Because it generally stops the debate and starts the mudslinging.

Translation: Oh shit! I just got busted and have nothing.

OK....you can come to the party.

Amazing special election action last night. In a district that is 40% Jewish this is undeniably a referendum of this administration's Israeli policy which has been strenuous to say the least. This administration has been the most friendly to the supposed Palestinian cause, giving this bunch of murderous lying extremists ill-deserved legitimacy, at the expense of the only true ally in the region.

Both sides have been pretty murderous..and if you are keeping count, Israel's killed more Americans then the Palestinians.

In any case..it really shouldn't be our gig to solve their problems or support either side. But somehow, magically, we can financially support BOTH sides.

Go figure.

I want to point out that even through the Israel issues is getting played up as a big issues in the district it wasn't! People were more concerned with the economy and debt issue.

First, Wepin is an ORTHODOX Jew and supporter of Israel. Turner is Catholic and also a supporter of Israel. Either way they had an Israel backer. Therefore, take that off the plate. The media likes to build that hype, but it was the economy and debt crisis that the Jews of that district were voting on.

I would also like to point out that the district is some 40% Jewish, yet the Jews overwelming voted for the Catholic against the Orthodox Jew!

Another key element in the race was each candidate's support of Israel and Obama policy toward the Jewish state. The 9th Congressional District has the highest percentage of Jewish voters of any district in the country..."

I don't think this is means Obama or the D's are toast! It means the D's lost a district. I don't think it needs to be overblown.

I just wonder if this is the district Jillian votes in.:eek: If so do we get to thank Jillian for Turner? :eusa_angel:

Wether people here on the Dems side want to admit it or not, it's a very bad sign. It means that obamanomics is trickling down into the local elections. Tea Party canditate defeats the Dem, even though the Dem was heavily funded and was in a traditional Dem district.

I live in NYC, and I followed this election closely. Both candidates ripped Obama.

It's a fact that Jews have come to fear Obama (as they should).

That means he will lose crucial Jewish votes in swing states, and he won't get as much money from Jewish donors.

No current republican presidential candidate is going to carry new york.

Maybe not, but Florida looks good, and Obama won't get as much money as he would have, if he didn't shit on Israle.

Both sides have been pretty murderous..and if you are keeping count, Israel's killed more Americans then the Palestinians.

In any case..it really shouldn't be our gig to solve their problems or support either side. But somehow, magically, we can financially support BOTH sides.

Go figure.

No, the two sides are not morally equivalent. The Palestinians, a group of people that never existed until Palestine was fabricated as a justification for terrorist acts against civilians targets such as schools and discos, have been granted all rights as Israeli citizens.

If Palestine is ever granted statehood, and if Obama has his way it will, the same rights will not be given to Israelis.

It is disrespectful to the Israelis that have been killed in the rocket bombings of civilian targets.

Forum List

Back