Blood On the Hands of Lawmakers

Spare_change

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2011
Fox News Radio host Todd Starnes unleashed a scathing indictment of congressional lawmakers accusing them of being complicit in the deaths of an NFL star and an Uber driver killed by an alleged drunk driver who was in the country illegally.

Indianapolis Colts linebacker Edwin Jackson and Uber driver Jeffrey Monroe, were killed early Sunday morning after they pulled over in the emergency lane of Interstate 70 because Jackson had become ill. Monroe assisted Jackson, but the two men were struck by a drunk driver.

The vehicle that hit Jackson and Monroe was driven by one Manuel Orrego-Savala, an illegal immigrant from Guatemala who had been deported twice previously, once in 2007, and again in 2009.

“The blood of those two men, the blood of Kate Steinle, it’s on the hands of every single American lawmaker who refuses to secure the border,” Starnes said. “Every lawmaker who provides safe harbor for the illegal aliens, the blood of the innocent is on their hands.”

President Trump weighed in on the tragedy earlier Tuesday, calling the incident “disgraceful.”

“I don’t know about you, but I am disgusted, absolutely disgusted,” Starnes said. “I ask you this question: How many more Americans have to die at the hands of an illegal alien? How many, America?

The nationally syndicated radio host did not shy away from naming names, pointing the finger directly at GOP Senators Jeff Flake and John McCain as well as representatives Nancy Pelosi and Luis Gutierrez and former president Barack Obama.

I don't know if Starnes believes in the things he says or not, but he clearly presents things in a way designed to garner a reaction. He's a bit of a news media troll.

Also, you ought to add your own comments to a post, rather than just doing a cut and paste from another site. I'm pretty sure that's against the board rules. Your entire OP is a direct quote from this site:

Fox Radio's Starnes Says Lawmakers Who Harbor Illegals Have Blood on Hands | Todd Starnes

I don't know if Starnes believes in the things he says or not, but he clearly presents things in a way designed to garner a reaction. He's a bit of a news media troll.

Also, you ought to add your own comments to a post, rather than just doing a cut and paste from another site. I'm pretty sure that's against the board rules. Your entire OP is a direct quote from this site:

Fox Radio's Starnes Says Lawmakers Who Harbor Illegals Have Blood on Hands | Todd Starnes
A simple question - do you seriously believe that I, or anyone, would post something they disagreed with, and NOT make comment.

Clearly, the fact that I let it stand on its own is, in itself, an admission that I agree with it.

Would you propose that I simply add "Yeah! What he said!"

Rules are nice, and rules are necessary, but they must be applied with logic ... sometimes, silence IS a commentary.

Silence, a commentary. The Machinic Unconscious, p. 30 Escaping from Language.Flake, McCain, Pelosi....according to Chomsky, how is the Paul Ryan Bulldozer Company involved in the wall or anything else having to do with immigration? Deeper scrutiny should uncover much pathology.

A simple question - do you seriously believe that I, or anyone, would post something they disagreed with, and NOT make comment.

Clearly, the fact that I let it stand on its own is, in itself, an admission that I agree with it.

Rules are nice, and rules are necessary, but they must be applied with logic ... sometimes, silence IS a commentary.

Nice, hoping to avoid following the rules by claiming "silence IS a commentary." :lol:

I didn't say anything about your belief regarding the article, unless you are saying that you are Todd Starnes.

Oh, and your OP may not only violate board rules by not having any of your own comments in it, but it also violates the rules for plagiarism/copyright, as you cut and pasted from another site and didn't add a link. Are you going to say that a lack of a link IS citation? :p

Nice, hoping to avoid following the rules by claiming "silence IS a commentary." :lol:

I didn't say anything about your belief regarding the article, unless you are saying that you are Todd Starnes.

Oh, and your OP may not only violate board rules by not having any of your own comments in it, but it also violates the rules for plagiarism/copyright, as you cut and pasted from another site and didn't add a link. Are you going to say that a lack of a link IS citation? :p
Again with the stupid plagiarism/copyright idiocy ....

It is NOT plagiarism or a copyright violation to present public information without citing a source. Plagiarism is taking someone else's work and claiming it as your own. Further, the article WAS attributed to the author --- see the first six words.

Get over it.

If that is the best you can contribute to an adult discussion, maybe you shouldn't waste everybody's time.

Fox News Radio host Todd Starnes unleashed a scathing indictment of congressional lawmakers accusing them of being complicit in the deaths of an NFL star and an Uber driver killed by an alleged drunk driver who was in the country illegally.

Indianapolis Colts linebacker Edwin Jackson and Uber driver Jeffrey Monroe, were killed early Sunday morning after they pulled over in the emergency lane of Interstate 70 because Jackson had become ill. Monroe assisted Jackson, but the two men were struck by a drunk driver.

The vehicle that hit Jackson and Monroe was driven by one Manuel Orrego-Savala, an illegal immigrant from Guatemala who had been deported twice previously, once in 2007, and again in 2009.

“The blood of those two men, the blood of Kate Steinle, it’s on the hands of every single American lawmaker who refuses to secure the border,” Starnes said. “Every lawmaker who provides safe harbor for the illegal aliens, the blood of the innocent is on their hands.”

President Trump weighed in on the tragedy earlier Tuesday, calling the incident “disgraceful.”

“I don’t know about you, but I am disgusted, absolutely disgusted,” Starnes said. “I ask you this question: How many more Americans have to die at the hands of an illegal alien? How many, America?

The nationally syndicated radio host did not shy away from naming names, pointing the finger directly at GOP Senators Jeff Flake and John McCain as well as representatives Nancy Pelosi and Luis Gutierrez and former president Barack Obama.
Are they also complicit when citizens shoot and murder others?

dont get too involved. This will likely get closed soon lol

Forum List

Back