Blonde jokes are racist, right?

I fail to see how they are not, or at least racially linked.

If nappy haired idiot jokes wouldn't be tolerated as "Too racist"

Why is it blonde haired idiot jokes are indeed tolerated as "Good fun"???????

There's simply a glaring hypocrisy.
Blonde is not a race.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

So, I guess calling Black people as Nappy Gorillas isn't racist, because Nappy isn't a race, and neither is Gorilla.

How can they be racist when different races have blonde hair?

Most Blondes are White, and even a lot of non-White Blondes are of a presumably mixed heritage, like Kabyle Berber's, or the Kalash.
Not sure how most means all one race? That only works if only whites were blondes.

Whenever I've heard "dumb blonde" jokes they were meant as an insult to a female so I'd think they're more misogynistic than racist.

Indeed. I have never heard of anyone except white people, mostly males tell dumb blonde jokes.

How could a non white person even relate to that kind of humor?

Just like the N word is mostly said by people that are African American?

I guess the N word isn't racist, either?

I don't personally know any black people who use term and that is not even logical reasoning.......unless you are seeking a way to justify your own use of that term.

I had a Black person call me the N word one time, and it wasn't with any A ending.

You're missing the point.

That is slurs like "nappy haired" jokes are not the real issue.

The issue is that these slurs take place against a backdrop of systemic and institutional racism. And that backdrop of housing and job discrimination, racial profiling, unequal health care access, best selling books about how stupid black people are (bell curve) and a media that regularly presents black people makes slurs, even if relatively minor, take on a bigger meaning.

So for you who pathetically tries to change the subject to slurs used occasionally whites like blonde haired jokes or honky or cracker.

Please note

It's precisely the lack of any power to back up those words, which makes them so much easier for whites to shrug off.

But black people of color are well aware that the slurs used against us are just tip of the iceberg.

Most Blondes are White, and even a lot of non-White Blondes are of a presumably mixed heritage, like Kabyle Berber's, or the Kalash.
Not sure how most means all one race? That only works if only whites were blondes.

Whenever I've heard "dumb blonde" jokes they were meant as an insult to a female so I'd think they're more misogynistic than racist.

Indeed. I have never heard of anyone except white people, mostly males tell dumb blonde jokes.

I don't personally know any black people who use term and that is not even logical reasoning.......unless you are seeking a way to justify your own use of that term.

I had a Black person call me the N word one time, and it wasn't with any A ending.

Ok. And then what happened?

Blonde is not a race.

So, I guess calling Black people as Nappy Gorillas isn't racist, because Nappy isn't a race, and neither is Gorilla.
Black is a race.
You are not very good at this.

Blonde is not a race.

Your argument is falling apart faster than you can put it back together.

I had a Black person (my Conga drum instructor) call me the B word ("black") after doing well with the drum, and I took it as a high compliment.

Obviously he meant culturally.

Blonde is not a race.

Black is a race.
You are not very good at this.

Actually, Black isn't really a race.

It may very well be a nick-name for a race.

But, most people we call Black people, are actually of the Negroid race.

Blonde is not a race.

How do you figure that?

It seems most here thus far follow the Liberal notions that racial characteristics against Black people like mocking nappy hair is racist, but mocking White people's racial characteristics like blonde hair isn't racist.

There's simply a major hypocrisy at play.

a media that regularly presents black people makes slurs, even if relatively minor, take on a bigger meaning.

Far from the truth.

The fact of the matter is terms like Dago, Wap, Guniea, Ginger, Dumb Polak, French Frog, dumb Blonde etc. tend to far, far more prevalent in our media than anything against Blacks.

Blonde is not a race.

How do you figure that?

It seems most here thus far follow the Liberal notions that racial characteristics against Black people like mocking nappy hair is racist, but mocking White people's racial characteristics like blonde hair isn't racist.

I figure that because you keep claiming blonde is a racial characteristic when other races have blonde hair. Its obvious your argument has eaten itself for lunch and you havent noticed.

Blonde is not a race.

How do you figure that?

I figure that because you keep claiming blonde is a racial characteristic when other races have blonde hair. Its obvious your argument has eaten itself for lunch and you havent noticed.

Blonde hair is percentage wise more European, than Nappy hair is percentage wise African.

So, dumb Blonde jokes aren't racist, but dumb Nappy jokes would be?

Blonde is not a race.

How do you figure that?

Blonde hair is percentage wise more European, than Nappy hair is percentage wise African.

Even if blonde hair was 99% found in europeans if 1% is found in another race then its not a racial characteristic. Most whites are brunettes not blondes anyway. Never heard a dumb nappy hair joke so I have no idea what you are talking about.

Blonde is not a race.

How do you figure that?

NO -- there's a major strawman at play. Yours.

Once AGAIN "hair" is not "race". Just as "eyes" are not "race". Never was, never will be. PERIOD.

Far from the truth.

The fact of the matter is terms like Dago, Wap, Guniea, Ginger, Dumb Polak, French Frog, dumb Blonde etc. tend to far, far more prevalent in our media than anything against Blacks.
OK. Now go and find me a Dago, Wap, Guniea, Ginger, Dumb Polak, French Frog, dumb Blonde that would swap places with me or any black person ?

How do you figure that?

Even if blonde hair was 99% found in europeans if 1% is found in another race then its not a racial characteristic. Most whites are brunettes not blondes anyway. Never heard a dumb nappy hair joke so I have no idea what you are talking about.

There are no dumb Nappy jokes because overall the establishment is anti-White, rather than anti-Black.

But, let's see how long dumb Nappy jokes would be tolerated, I don't think they would hesitate to fire people who told them on TV, unlike Blonde jokes.

Far from the truth.

OK. Now go and find me a Dago, Wap, Guniea, Ginger, Dumb Polak, French Frog, dumb Blonde that would swap places with me or any black person ?

Well, I wouldn't want to be African American not because of discrimination, but because of how ugly many of them act.

Does anyone want to live among African Americans, really?

I've even spoke with African Americans who fled those neighborhoods just to keep out of trouble.

Why am I not surprised?

Blonde is not a race.

How do you figure that?

NO -- there's a major strawman at play. Yours.

Once AGAIN "hair" is not "race". Just as "eyes" are not "race". Never was, never will be. PERIOD.

Yeah, well like the N word being connected to a race, but not a race, Blonde hair is also connected to a race,o despite not being a race.

Why do Liberals play games?

Far from the truth.

Well, I wouldn't want to be African American not because of discrimination, but because of how ugly many of them act.

Does anyone want to live among African Americans, really?

I've even spoke with African Americans who fled those neighborhoods just to keep out of trouble.

Why am I not surprised?
Exactly. All of them people still have white privilege. all them people still get the job, the house, the loan, the car....etc....so tell me of this oppression that Dagos, Waps, Gunieas, Gingers, Dumb Polaks, French Frogs, dumb Blondes go through based on race ?

Forum List

Back