Blackwater case dismissed

U.S. District Judge Ricardo Urbina said Thursday the Justice Department overstepped its bounds and wrongly used evidence it was not allowed to see. He said the government’s explanations have been contradictory, unbelievable and not credible.

Now shut the fuck up.

what an elegant turn of phrase.

No matter how large you write the words, these animals should have been tried.

you're all for using evidence obtained by torture... but what evidence did you object to here? there's no 5th amendment as pertains to one's employer... there is only a 5th amendment privilege with regard to government.

and why you'd have an interest in seeing criminals not be tried is beyond me....

the used tampon eater strikes again :lol::lol:
Oh, that's just brilliant. :rolleyes:

Go to the kiddie table. Adults are speaking here, but clean your mouth up before you do.

Why were they tried in the USA? The alleged crime was committed in Iraq and they have a democratically elected government and all that.
The Blackwater persons were civilian mercenaries not military.

The judge made the right decision. If the accused had acceptable reason to believe they had been given immunity, then the fault rests on the agents of the State Department not the accused. This is clear. The Rule of Law, not the Rule of Man must apply here. I also agree to the point that no one should be tortured.

Why were they tried in the USA? The alleged crime was committed in Iraq and they have a democratically elected government and all that.

Because our law permits that.

We should ship the guards back to Iraq for appropriate disposal of the case (and of them).

We should ship the guards back to Iraq for appropriate disposal of the case (and of them).

Should Yemem be able to try the recent air bomber? And the USA not? Same deal other view.

Last edited:
Not at all. Same deal. If we don''t want to try the accused, then send him to Yemen.

what an elegant turn of phrase.

No matter how large you write the words, these animals should have been tried.

you're all for using evidence obtained by torture... but what evidence did you object to here? there's no 5th amendment as pertains to one's employer... there is only a 5th amendment privilege with regard to government.

and why you'd have an interest in seeing criminals not be tried is beyond me....

And you are all for lying and cheating for any case? The statements were privileged. Given with IMMUNITY. As a Lawyer you KNOW what that means. The Government can NOT use statements after granting immunity for them to be made. You are all for the total destruction of our legal system just cause you don't like a couple guys.

what are you talking about? lying and cheating? Are you done with your delusional rant?

Good. now hush your ridiculous mouth because no one bullies me, snooks, not in real life and not on messageboards.

"Immunity"? Given by whom? Do you even know? I'm pretty sure it was the state department. Since when do they have the right to give prosecutorial immunity?

It's the same right wing nutcase insanity that wants people tortured if they are Arab but if they're American, they're supposed to be able to go into any country they want and use civilians for target practice...which is what these people did? It's not that I "don't like" them; it's that you and yours don't care that they shot at Iraqi civilians... in a place we had no business being in the first place.

So tell us again how mean Saddam Hussein was to HIS people.

Obviously you dumb ass, the Federal Judge UNDERSTOOD that immunity once given can not be taken back because someone else thinks it should not have been given.

The State Department TOLD them immunity they talked under the belief they had immunity and I am betting after being ADVISED by Lawyers ( Lawyers that don't believe the Government can take back immunity) they had LEGALLY obtained IMMUNITY.

Who is it that whines if one of us NONE Judges says anything about some court case? And here you are telling us a Federal Judge was mistaken on what Immunity means and when it attaches. It was given, it was accepted, it attached. As A FEDERAL COURT JUDGE DECRIED.

Now tell us how cause YOU happen to disagree some other Judge should violate the very core of our legal system cause you do not like this decision. Then remind us how we none Judges can not second guess settled court law or cases.

It is called LEGALLY BINDING International Treaties. Iraq signed one that STATED they had no Jurisdiction over Blackwater.

It is called LEGALLY BINDING International Treaties. Iraq signed one that STATED they had no Jurisdiction over Blackwater.
So Bush set up a sham puppet govt in Iraq? Or tried to at least.

Once again for the slow and the stupid the Iraqis have no jurisdiction, they signed a treaty giving up that right that covered the time in question.

Not at all. Same deal. If we don''t want to try the accused, then send him to Yemen.

True he was captured here. However we pulled the blackwater folks out of the country with soveren powers and would not let them try them in Iraq.

AGAIN, NO JURISDICTION. Iraq signed a TREATY covering Blackwater that signed away their right to prosecute.

And you are all for lying and cheating for any case? The statements were privileged. Given with IMMUNITY. As a Lawyer you KNOW what that means. The Government can NOT use statements after granting immunity for them to be made. You are all for the total destruction of our legal system just cause you don't like a couple guys.

what are you talking about? lying and cheating? Are you done with your delusional rant?

Good. now hush your ridiculous mouth because no one bullies me, snooks, not in real life and not on messageboards.

"Immunity"? Given by whom? Do you even know? I'm pretty sure it was the state department. Since when do they have the right to give prosecutorial immunity?

It's the same right wing nutcase insanity that wants people tortured if they are Arab but if they're American, they're supposed to be able to go into any country they want and use civilians for target practice...which is what these people did? It's not that I "don't like" them; it's that you and yours don't care that they shot at Iraqi civilians... in a place we had no business being in the first place.

So tell us again how mean Saddam Hussein was to HIS people.

Obviously you dumb ass, the Federal Judge UNDERSTOOD that immunity once given can not be taken back because someone else thinks it should not have been given.

The State Department TOLD them immunity they talked under the belief they had immunity and I am betting after being ADVISED by Lawyers ( Lawyers that don't believe the Government can take back immunity) they had LEGALLY obtained IMMUNITY.

Who is it that whines if one of us NONE Judges says anything about some court case? And here you are telling us a Federal Judge was mistaken on what Immunity means and when it attaches. It was given, it was accepted, it attached. As A FEDERAL COURT JUDGE DECRIED.

Now tell us how cause YOU happen to disagree some other Judge should violate the very core of our legal system cause you do not like this decision. Then remind us how we none Judges can not second guess settled court law or cases.

I have no idea if they had access to lawyers or not. There aren't enough details to know for sure what was said, or by whom. BUT the facts as given in the articles I've seen all indicate the statements were given as contractor to employer, to officials from the State Department and under a promise or offer of immunity.

Whether the State Department in general or the specific person making the offer has the authority to grant immunity from criminal prosecution in this case is irrelevant. If a government agent offered immunity and these guys had every reason to believe it was valid, the government is still on the hook even if the agent did not have the authority to grant it. We also don't know what, if any, actions on the part of DoJ may have reinforced that belief.

There's a slim chance the judge was wrong here, depending on the details. But do I believe that's the case? Nope. It burns me, but the government screwed up.

The guards should be tried. If the U.S. can't do it, then ship them to Iraq.

Forum List

Back