Blacks' Abundance In Pro Sports: Affirmative Action ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
protectionist, you have presented absolutely no evidence of AA being used to select players in the NFL.

There are more blacks? And you automatically jump to the conclusion that some white guy had to help them get there. Perhaps a little education on your part would help you understand why more blacks in the NFL is not an automatic indicator of AA being used.

First of all, as I said before, blacks are only a few generations out of being bred for physical attributes.
Second of all, there are actual physiological differences in the races that go beyond skin color. Some of these help athletes in explosive type sports.

from: Race and Physical Differences - American Renaissance
"Though they may not always be willing to say so, sports physicians have found physical differences that give different races advantages in different sports. Whites and West Africans, for example, differ in proportions of body fat, width of hips, thickness of thighs, bone density, and proportion of fast- and slow-twitch muscle. Even East and West Africans differ in important ways that explain why they excel in different sports."

"Skeletal muscle fibers are the how and why of black domination in explosive sports. This is something I’ve covered in depth. Type II fibers contract faster than type I."
"Nevertheless, fiber typing explains racial differences in sports, with somatype being another important variable in explaining racial disparities in sports. Two main variables that work in concert are the somatype (pretty much body measurements, length) and the fiber type. This explains why blacks dominate baseball and football; this explains why ‘white men can’t jump and black men can’t swim’. Physiological variables—not only ‘motivation’ or whatever else people who deny these innate differences say—largely explain why there are huge disparities in these sports. Physiology is important to our understanding of how and why certain groups dominate certain sports."

Maybe you should do a little research in certain topics. YOu have the greatest research tool in the history of mankind at your fingertips.

1. Again, and again, I never said there was evidence of AA being used to select players in the NFL. Can you read question marks ? Like in the TITLE of this thread ? I ASKED if there was affirmative action being used to select players in the NFL. And as I said in a previous post, I will welcome posts claiming AA in the NFL or claiming it NOT being in the NFL, as long as each poster brings PROOF with his claim (one way or the other). So, no, I haven't jumped to any conclusion about anything, nor have I stated any conclusion about AA.

2. You stated that "blacks dominate baseball and football". I have already repeatedly (and even with color photos) shown that statement to be totally FALSE, and with plenty of evidence. I have DONE the research and it is posted in this thread for you to have the benefit of. Does Bill Belichick, Tom Brady, Julian Edelman, Ted Williams and Stan Musial sound familiar ? .367, .344 .331 ? I have absolutely no need to restate again & again, what has already been posted, showing whites to be dominant in baseball and football.

What you have done is to decry the numbers of blacks in the NFL and other sports, thereby looking at the overall numbers. And then you have looked at a handful of individuals as roof that whites are superior.

Including Bill Belichick is misleading at best. He was not a particularly good football player. And since there are only 4 black head coaches in the NFL, it works out to be about 12.4%. Much like the population.

Tom Brady is one of the best QBs to play the game. And the top QBs are almost all white.

But blacks represent about 68% of the players in the NFL. So, as a whole, blacks dominate the NFL. Especially considering the population in the US is vastly different. The links I posted show very good cause for this, without needing AA as an excuse. Blacks have more fast twitch muscles, on average. And, on average, they have a higher amount of testosterone. These two traits are important for the athletic abilities which they have shown to be gifted at. So, since your OP was about the overall numbers in the NFL, my point stands.

As for individuals, outstanding QBs, kickers, and O linemen are more likely to be white. D linement, RBs, receivers, linebackers, safeties/secondary, and kick returners tend to be black.

Yes, Tom Brady may well be the greatest QB ever, and he is white.

But there has been no white running back that can hold a candle to Jim Brown, Walter Payton or Emmitt Smith.

No white linebacker was ever as good as Lawrence Taylor or Derrick Thomas. The last great white linebacker left the game over 30 years ago.

So you can pick a position to prove either is dominant. But the overall numbers favor the black athlete.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
I provided scientific evidence to show why black athletes are likely to be better at explosive sports like football. A very real explanation with links to the sources.

Question answered. No AA needed to explained the situation.
I showed the RECORD of whites being better at football (by WINNING Super Bowls). A very real explanation that does not require sources (we all know the record)

The problem is, your claims are based on the race of a few players in the most team oriented sport out there. Football is not an individual sport. Walter Payton was probably the greatest RB of all time. But the rest of the team sucked. While that makes him look even better, your use of Super Bowls as the measure means he is just an also ran.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
^^^^^Most quarterbacks are White, although there are MANY exceptions today. Most Super Bowl MVP's are quarterbacks as it is by far the most important position. This isn't a racial thing as Blacks compete for the QB position with everyone else. Most coaches are White, but there is an Affirmative Action requirement to interview Blacks for EVERY head coaching job. Is that Racist?

Every position in pro sports is competed for. If the majority of players are black why are most coaches white? Why are white men who never played the game coaches?

This is a dumb ass thread made by dumb ass race baiting whites.
Why are childless or single psychologists treating married couples or children?

Professional sports are as close as we have to a meritocracy in this country. The fact that blacks are overrepresented compared to their overall numbers is because of natural athletic ability as well as dedication and focus on various sports.

Nothing wrong with that. All businesses should be run like that -- hire and promote the best people irregardless of their race or ethnicity.

All these reasoning why there is no discrimination against white in sport also shows why there is not discrimination in favor of asians in Math? Why not realize that different races have different traits and one just do better and certain things and that explains the difference of demographic.
While I don't believe there is any AA in the NFL, I believe players are hired by their abilities. Same with ALL players and in other occupations. What is sad is that many blacks will say whites are hired because of AA, even though they have the skills for the job. I have been told many times by many blacks on these posts that I got my education and jobs because of AA. Bullshit. I have and had the skills and qualifications. So, if the blacks don't want people saying they got anything through AA, I suggest they change their idea that all whites get ahead because of it.

Professional sports are as close as we have to a meritocracy in this country. The fact that blacks are overrepresented compared to their overall numbers is because of natural athletic ability as well as dedication and focus on various sports.

Nothing wrong with that. All businesses should be run like that -- hire and promote the best people irregardless of their race or ethnicity.
They are not the "best" as I showed repeatedly earlier in the thread. Ever hear of the New England Patriots ? Do I have to post the pictures all over again ? As well as other data and records ? Sheeesh!

While I don't believe there is any AA in the NFL, I believe players are hired by their abilities. Same with ALL players and in other occupations. What is sad is that many blacks will say whites are hired because of AA, even though they have the skills for the job. I have been told many times by many blacks on these posts that I got my education and jobs because of AA. Bullshit. I have and had the skills and qualifications. So, if the blacks don't want people saying they got anything through AA, I suggest they change their idea that all whites get ahead because of it.
This is the first time I've EVER heard somebody claim that whites are beneficiaries of Affirmative Action. Where in the world did you hear that ?

EARTH TO MM: White are VICTIMS of AA. Blacks are the beneficiaries.

Also, upon what do you base the belief that there is not any AA in the NFL ?

All these reasoning why there is no discrimination against white in sport also shows why there is not discrimination in favor of asians in Math? Why not realize that different races have different traits and one just do better and certain things and that explains the difference of demographic.
Then what would explain the difference of demographic, when in the NFL, boxing, and baseball, it is whites who have done better ? Affirmative Action maybe?

The problem is, your claims are based on the race of a few players in the most team oriented sport out there. Football is not an individual sport. Walter Payton was probably the greatest RB of all time. But the rest of the team sucked. While that makes him look even better, your use of Super Bowls as the measure means he is just an also ran.
If you took the time to read the whole thread before posting, you will see that football is only one of quite a number of sports that I have posted facts about.
Read Baby! Read!

What you have done is to decry the numbers of blacks in the NFL and other sports, thereby looking at the overall numbers. And then you have looked at a handful of individuals as roof that whites are superior.

Including Bill Belichick is misleading at best. He was not a particularly good football player. And since there are only 4 black head coaches in the NFL, it works out to be about 12.4%. Much like the population.

Tom Brady is one of the best QBs to play the game. And the top QBs are almost all white.

But blacks represent about 68% of the players in the NFL. So, as a whole, blacks dominate the NFL. Especially considering the population in the US is vastly different. The links I posted show very good cause for this, without needing AA as an excuse. Blacks have more fast twitch muscles, on average. And, on average, they have a higher amount of testosterone. These two traits are important for the athletic abilities which they have shown to be gifted at. So, since your OP was about the overall numbers in the NFL, my point stands.

As for individuals, outstanding QBs, kickers, and O linemen are more likely to be white. D linement, RBs, receivers, linebackers, safeties/secondary, and kick returners tend to be black.

But there has been no white running back that can hold a candle to Jim Brown, Walter Payton or Emmitt Smith.

No white linebacker was ever as good as Lawrence Taylor or Derrick Thomas. The last great white linebacker left the game over 30 years ago.

So you can pick a position to prove either is dominant. But the overall numbers favor the black athlete.
1. And that "handful" of individuals >> coach, QB, most of offensive line, 1 running back (Burkhead), 3 receivers (Hogan, Edelman, Gronkowski), is almost the entire starting offense of the team. Do you need to have photos posted again ?

2. Most top running backs have been blacks, but how many great white running backs never got to play at all, because MAYBE, they were screened out by AA ? That's a question we may never know the answer to. Jimmy Brown played before the age of AA, and he was the best RB ever, IMO. I'm old enough to remember watching him on TV, dragging New York Giants' tacklers (black & white) 20 yards down the field. OJ Simpson was great, Gayle Sayers, etc.
While most top RBs have been black, there have been some white ones who were exceptional (John Riggins, Jim Taylor, Larry Csonka). If there was AA, they managed to get through it.

3. No matter what you may say about the different positions on a football team, you cannot deny that most of the offensive players on the very successful Patriots, are white, whereas on every other team, most of them are black. Since that is very contradictory to the % of blacks in the US, it would seem to be odd that there would be so high a % of black offensive players on so many teams. Thus, AA becomes a relevant QUESTION.

4. At the linebacker position, the % of great ones is more even, with many great white linebackers, including some within the last 30 years >> (ex. Zack Thomas, Luke Kuechly, Kevin Greene, Brian Urlacher)
This NFL.com list has the top 47 linebackers of all time. 23 are white (49%)

Gil Brandt's greatest NFL linebackers of all time

I might have diverged off topic slightly, but I don't mind talking sports once in a while. :biggrin:

Last edited:

1. And that "handful" of individuals >> coach, QB, most of offensive line, 1 running back (Burkhead), 3 receivers (Hogan, Edelman, Gronkowski), is almost the entire starting offense of the team. Do you need to have photos posted again ?

2. Most top running backs have been blacks, but how many great white running backs never got to play at all, because MAYBE, they were screened out by AA ? That's a question we may never know the answer to. Jimmy Brown played before the age of AA, and he was the best RB ever, IMO. I'm old enough to remember watching him on TV, dragging New York Giants' tacklers (black & white) 20 yards down the field. OJ Simpson was great, Gayle Sayers, etc.
While most top RBs have been black, there have been some white ones who were exceptional (John Riggins, Jim Taylor, Larry Csonka). If there was AA, they managed to get through it.

3. No matter what you may say about the different positions on a football team, you cannot deny that most of the offensive players on the very successful Patriots, are white, whereas on every other team, most of them are black. Since that is very contradictory to the % of blacks in the US, it would seem to be odd that there would be so high a % of black offensive players on so many teams. Thus, AA becomes a relevant QUESTION.

4. At the linebacker position, the % of great ones is more even, with many great white linebackers, including some within the last 30 years >> (ex. Zack Thomas, Luke Kuechly, Kevin Greene, Brian Urlacher)

I might have diverged off topic slightly, but I don't mind talking sports once in a while. :biggrin:
fp5W7ZuaPo9YeUaK-VITWLWzh0FE5-yV2rofir3gzfMrG9s8dBe6-n9M9Fvs9F-tm7bsLfRxxVkT9-Cb2RZqluCq9gqymyAeXcX9oGaB84dFYLqp5ciQtNP3ERY0Wnvx8-Cx4n5pv7ZZysrbvKng3q_myD5wGrI3uPo7BxrWnIr9I1Kwq-tDDe0yLwHcgIhdNSsz2LPxr1k2gGIETebU8jItgANPiqdGVix97mNgmYUIMskJmfuSJhC8zZcoRzdD_bVq4pA8UbYzAcB3d8hR9wwg8ITmQ8uak21Iyq8KYa5g2KxCW59NoMIJeqOVUcmLJ9obe3S9IeEvo5x3fNBCwX1bQf4RrW9NFdsETLuPJ9xmoSikZ2Cu4MHdYxHeUydfhm0E0OwZ2Fj77Wqcf2JNtAL-7wOVofWlvxdaIQ3e2gBls-fvw1IIgLDT2t1AX6MJeO_9z_ioTP4idVPpOKLkZsG0Jy-vYQnyR-Bv1alvL7dNsGaYfB0TeVFboq5MZWJLpbWfiACC446GWUhf2YM7t3uU6BydLuMatHi3U1Kaq5wIfpaYorAThX5RYJEKKXfo1QMUum63YSEXN2Ex-P1vO_GcU6UWdu8J_CNGggZ0gPYwSv3kE5_fTdz0Zeg6SSu-9659tdRCgEsGDNBZpVWUGw9Fqlwlt7g=w357-h352-no

You have shown nothing of the sort.
Oh, they just won 6 Super bowls in only 17 years, that's all. 11 AFC championships.

The New England Patriots have been a team for 60 years.

The Green Bay Packers have won the most championships with 13 total (9 NFL championships pre-merger, four (4) Super Bowl championships). The Packers are also the only team to win three consecutive championships, having done so twice (1929–1931, 1965–1967).

There is no AA in the NFL. AA has helped whites the most. As you claim to be Hispanic, AA has helped you.

I answered your question. With the scientific evidence of the physical attributes that give blacks an advantage, the greater numbers of blacks in the NFL is explained. YOu have offered no actual evidence of AA, just the numbers of black players. That has been explained.

You're welcome.

Every pro football league is majority black. I don't think they have AA in Canada.

I answered your question. With the scientific evidence of the physical attributes that give blacks an advantage, the greater numbers of blacks in the NFL is explained. YOu have offered no actual evidence of AA, just the numbers of black players. That has been explained.

You're welcome.
I'm not SUPPOSED to have evidence of the presence of AA, or the lack of it. I'm the QUESTION ASKER. You're supposed to be the responder (WITH EVIDENCE).

Trouble is, just like all the others, you don't have any. Have not proved that there is, or isn't, AA.

Last edited:

You're welcome.
I'm not SUPPOSED to have evidence of the presence of AA, or the lack of it. I'm the QUESTION ASKER. You're supposed to be the responder (WITH EVIDENCE).

Trouble is, just like all the others, you don't have any. Have not proved that there is, or isn't, AA.

I provided links. Did you read them?

Blacks have more fast twitch muscle fibers, greater testosterone levels, and lower body fat percentages, on average, than white people. That means it is more likely that they would excel in certain sports. Those are facts. That answers the question of whether or not AA is responsible for the greater numbers of blacks in many sports.

I provided scientific evidence to show why black athletes are likely to be better at explosive sports like football. A very real explanation with links to the sources.

Question answered. No AA needed to explained the situation.
I showed the RECORD of whites being better at football (by WINNING Super Bowls). A very real explanation that does not require sources (we all know the record)

You also posted stats about whites being better at baseball than blacks.
Problem is quite a few listed were before blacks were allowed to play the game. (Pre 1947)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back