Blacks' Abundance In Pro Sports: Affirmative Action ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I don't believe there is any AA in the NFL, I believe players are hired by their abilities. Same with ALL players and in other occupations. What is sad is that many blacks will say whites are hired because of AA, even though they have the skills for the job. I have been told many times by many blacks on these posts that I got my education and jobs because of AA. Bullshit. I have and had the skills and qualifications. So, if the blacks don't want people saying they got anything through AA, I suggest they change their idea that all whites get ahead because of it.
This is the first time I've EVER heard somebody claim that whites are beneficiaries of Affirmative Action. Where in the world did you hear that ?

EARTH TO MM: White are VICTIMS of AA. Blacks are the beneficiaries.

Also, upon what do you base the belief that there is not any AA in the NFL ?
Ask the black posters. They believe whites and especially white women benefit the most from AA

While I don't believe there is any AA in the NFL, I believe players are hired by their abilities. Same with ALL players and in other occupations. What is sad is that many blacks will say whites are hired because of AA, even though they have the skills for the job. I have been told many times by many blacks on these posts that I got my education and jobs because of AA. Bullshit. I have and had the skills and qualifications. So, if the blacks don't want people saying they got anything through AA, I suggest they change their idea that all whites get ahead because of it.
This is the first time I've EVER heard somebody claim that whites are beneficiaries of Affirmative Action. Where in the world did you hear that ?

EARTH TO MM: White are VICTIMS of AA. Blacks are the beneficiaries.

Also, upon what do you base the belief that there is not any AA in the NFL ?
My belief in no AA in NFL is because if a player doesn't cut it, they get rid of him. They have to prove worthy to be hired.

You also posted stats about whites being better at baseball than blacks.
Problem is quite a few listed were before blacks were allowed to play the game. (Pre 1947)
And quite a few were AFTER that. No shortage. No "problem" :biggrin:

My belief in no AA in NFL is because if a player doesn't cut it, they get rid of him. They have to prove worthy to be hired.
6 times recently, they haven't been "worthy" enough to win the Super Bowl. and they're still playing.

I provided links. Did you read them?

Blacks have more fast twitch muscle fibers, greater testosterone levels, and lower body fat percentages, on average, than white people. That means it is more likely that they would excel in certain sports. Those are facts. That answers the question of whether or not AA is responsible for the greater numbers of blacks in many sports.
No, it does not because, regardless of all this biology, we're not talking about what "would" be. We're talking about what is, and what is, is the whitest team in the NFL being the Super Bowl champs 6 times, including a week ago, 8 of 13 undefeated boxers being white, and the greatest baseball players of all tme being white.

And for all those who say "white men can't jump", guess who is the current reining Olympic high jump champion. >> Derek Drouin >>

upload_2019-2-17_2-12-53.jpeg
th

th

In fact, there hasn't been a black men's Olympic high jump champion since 1996. The last 5 have all been whites. On the women side, there hasn't been a black woman Olympic high jump champion since 1948 (Alice Coachman). The last 17 have all been white.
(unless Millie McDaniel -1956-might have been black. I don't know)

BTW, the current women's high jump champion is also white > Ruth Beitia >>

th
upload_2019-2-17_2-38-4.jpeg

Last edited:
I answered your question. With the scientific evidence of the physical attributes that give blacks an advantage, the greater numbers of blacks in the NFL is explained. YOu have offered no actual evidence of AA, just the numbers of black players. That has been explained.

You're welcome.
I'm not SUPPOSED to have evidence of the presence of AA, or the lack of it. I'm the QUESTION ASKER. You're supposed to be the responder (WITH EVIDENCE).

Trouble is, just like all the others, you don't have any. Have not proved that there is, or isn't, AA.

Yes you are. We've presented evidence. You say it's not. So show your evidence..

Yes you are. We've presented evidence. You say it's not. So show your evidence..
I just showed a lot of it in the previous post, to add to all the others posted earlier.
Read Baby! Read! :biggrin:

th

upload_2019-2-17_2-38-4-jpeg.246330

Every pro football league is majority black. I don't think they have AA in Canada.
Come back when you KNOW. Thinking doesn't cut it. :biggrin:

I do KNOW.

I just showed a lot of it in the previous post, to add to all the others posted earlier.

You've shown zero proof..

I say there is racial discrimination in hockey.

After all blacks are better hockey players than whites because this black goalie won 5 Stanley cups
th

I say there is racial discrimination in golf.

th

Blacks have shown they are superior golfers than whites

I say there is racial discrimination in tennis. .

th

Blacks have shown they are superior tennis players than whites,

So why are blacks underrepresented in these sports? Could racial discrimination be at work here, putting whites ahead of better qualified blacks , et al races ?

Prove it isn't protectionless.

6 times recently, they haven't been "worthy" enough to win the Super Bowl. and they're still playing.

While winning the Super Bowl is the goal of every player and team, it is not going to happen for most.

Whether they have been worthy to win a Super Bowl matters at a team level, not an individual athlete level. That they are worthy to be hired on the basis of their own abilities and merits is what is in question.

I provided links. Did you read them?

Blacks have more fast twitch muscle fibers, greater testosterone levels, and lower body fat percentages, on average, than white people. That means it is more likely that they would excel in certain sports. Those are facts. That answers the question of whether or not AA is responsible for the greater numbers of blacks in many sports.
No, it does not because, regardless of all this biology, we're not talking about what "would" be. We're talking about what is, and what is, is the whitest team in the NFL being the Super Bowl champs 6 times, including a week ago, 8 of 13 undefeated boxers being white, and the greatest baseball players of all tme being white.

And for all those who say "white men can't jump", guess who is the current reining Olympic high jump champion. >> Derek Drouin >>

View attachment 246329
th

th

In fact, there hasn't been a black men's Olympic high jump champion since 1996. The last 5 have all been whites. On the women side, there hasn't been a black woman Olympic high jump champion since 1948 (Alice Coachman). The last 17 have all been white.
(unless Millie McDaniel -1956-might have been black. I don't know)

BTW, the current women's high jump champion is also white > Ruth Beitia >>

th
View attachment 246330

YOur question in the OP was not about the winners. It was about the numbers. When discussing the numbers, my links provide answers. And since I have seen no actual evidence of AA, they provide solid answers.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

You claim you are not making any statement, and that you are only asking a question.

But your question has changed. And you have done that intentionally.

In the OP you were talking about the numbers of blacks in sports
"It seems to be very common to see NFL football fields and NBA courts with more blacks than all other races combined. There also has been a majority of blacks in professional boxing for many years. How does this come to be ? Since it is common for lesser qualified blacks to be hired to many types of jobs in industry generally, one might wonder if this isn't also the case with pro sports.

This is not the case with Whites, however. In the top 4 pro US sports > baseball, football, basketball, and boxing, whites have proven to be as good or often better than blacks, yet still have smaller numbers there. This is despite the fact that blacks are only 13% of the US population, as compared to whites at 76%. Could affirmative action be at work here, putting blacks ahead of better qualified whites, et al races ?"

And now you ONLY want to talk about who is the champion. YOu want to ignore the numbers. My links provide ample evidence for why blacks are so numerous in sports. Your answer has nothing to do with the OP, but with your claims that individual white athletes are better.

Now, since I have provided scientific evidence, via links, to show why there are greater numbers of blacks, if you want to refute that you have to show actual evidence of AA. Showing white champions does not refute my evidence. It also does not apply to answering the question asked in the OP.

There is no AA in the NFL. AA has helped whites the most. As you claim to be Hispanic, AA has helped you.
1, You keep saying that "There is no AA in the NFL" while presenting ZERO EVIDENCE to back up your wild claim. Fact is, YOU DON"T KNOW if there is or not.

2. What a preposterous statement to say that >> "AA has helped whites the most." when whites are the victims, blacks are the beneficiaries. So what is this ? Another example of baldfaced lying, by the looney left, to try to influence the airhead segment of the population, who is too dumb to know truth from fiction ? That's what the left does. Pitiful way to go through life.

3. AA has NEVER helped me, because unlike the lowlifes who stoop down to the
sewer to partake in it, I have never filled out an AA questionnaire, and I certainly never would. Total disgrace for those who do.

What are you asking me? I worked hard for everything I achieved, no handouts. I have yet to see where white women have benefitted most from AA.
My apologies. You DID say it was black posters who were saying that white women benefit the most from AA. A ludicrous notion.

Maybe, maybe not. They could be getting hired by AA, without proving worthy. Maybe.

And it's Ok to have a belief as you do. Just note that believing isn't the same as proving.

You've shown zero proof..

I say there is racial discrimination in hockey.

After all blacks are better hockey players than whites because this black goalie won 5 Stanley cups
th

I say there is racial discrimination in golf.

th

Blacks have shown they are superior golfers than whites

I say there is racial discrimination in tennis. .

th

Blacks have shown they are superior tennis players than whites,

So why are blacks underrepresented in these sports? Could racial discrimination be at work here, putting whites ahead of better qualified blacks , et al races ?

Prove it isn't protectionless.
Too late. I 've already proven that whites excel in football, baseball, boxing, and even the Olympics high jump, proving that not only can white men jump, they can do it better than black men, and the same goes for white women.

What you contend is that there isn't AA in pro sports. You have NOT PROVEN that. All you have done is present your unresearched, unsubstantiated, unproven pitiful OPINION, which is based on NOTHING.

Then you pose pictures of RARE winners of golf and tennis who are black, when 99% of the champions in those sports for many decades, have been white. Serena Williams just got beat by Karolina Pliskova in the Australian Open, and is ranked 10th in the world by WTA. All of the 9 ahead of her, all are white, except Naomi Osaka, who's Japanese. Tiger Woods is ranked 13th.

Anybody reading this thread must be laughing at you right now.

Last edited:
While winning the Super Bowl is the goal of every player and team, it is not going to happen for most.

Whether they have been worthy to win a Super Bowl matters at a team level, not an individual athlete level. That they are worthy to be hired on the basis of their own abilities and merits is what is in question.
But in assessing the worthiness of football players, in the context of an AA discussion, it is notable that the whitest offensive team in the NFL, has been dominating it in recent years.

If nothing else, this shows that the abundance of black players on the losing teams, is not a factor of qualification/merit.

YOur question in the OP was not about the winners. It was about the numbers. When discussing the numbers, my links provide answers. And since I have seen no actual evidence of AA, they provide solid answers.
No they don't. The biologists don't rate, alongside the record book reporters

920x920.jpg

Steve Pearce - MVP 2018 World Series

julian-edelman-new-england-patriots.jpg

Julian Edelman - MVP 2019 Super Bowl

Last edited:
You claim you are not making any statement, and that you are only asking a question.

But your question has changed. And you have done that intentionally.

In the OP you were talking about the numbers of blacks in sports
"It seems to be very common to see NFL football fields and NBA courts with more blacks than all other races combined. There also has been a majority of blacks in professional boxing for many years. How does this come to be ? Since it is common for lesser qualified blacks to be hired to many types of jobs in industry generally, one might wonder if this isn't also the case with pro sports.

This is not the case with Whites, however. In the top 4 pro US sports > baseball, football, basketball, and boxing, whites have proven to be as good or often better than blacks, yet still have smaller numbers there. This is despite the fact that blacks are only 13% of the US population, as compared to whites at 76%. Could affirmative action be at work here, putting blacks ahead of better qualified whites, et al races ?"

And now you ONLY want to talk about who is the champion. YOu want to ignore the numbers. My links provide ample evidence for why blacks are so numerous in sports. Your answer has nothing to do with the OP, but with your claims that individual white athletes are better.

Now, since I have provided scientific evidence, via links, to show why there are greater numbers of blacks, if you want to refute that you have to show actual evidence of AA. Showing white champions does not refute my evidence. It also does not apply to answering the question asked in the OP.
My question has not changed. I have only begun talking about the successes of white athletes, as a reply to the poster who have claimed black athletic superiority as the reason for black abundance in pro sports. Had they not presented that theory, I would never have mentioned anything about white winners and champions.

Your evidence does not refute MINE. If blacks biology was so much better than whites, and this would be a cause of greater hiring, blacks would not be losers in so many sports and events.

Your links do not answer the question of whether there is AA in the NFL, or other sports, and no more than the hapless posts of other posters. It also does not confirm greater merit to black athletes, since they have been losers so much, in a number of different sports. This thread is still looking for an answer to the question if AA might be the reason for the overabundance of black athletes, So far, it appears that it MAY be the cause.

The proof is on the field, not in a biologist's textbook.

th
upload_2019-2-17_2-38-4-jpeg.246330

This thread is still looking for an answer to the question if AA might be the reason for the overabundance of black athletes. So far, it appears that it MAY be the cause.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back