This Month Let's Pay Tribute To A True American Patriot - Barbara Jordan

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

In 15 Minutes, Barbara Jordan Built A Legacy | Texas Standard

Since the investigation into the Trump campaign is starting to heat up even more now that the Democrats are back in control of the house, I decided to take a moment to remember the last time a republican president was up to his neck in investigations. The one voice critical to that moment back then is the late great Barbara Jordan and the Watergate speech that she gave that will forever live on in history -- no matter if you are a Republican or Democrat or neither...5 days after giving this speech, Nixon resigned....and that speech opened by saying:

“Earlier today, we heard the beginning of the Preamble to the Constitution of the United States: ‘We, the people.’ It’s a very eloquent beginning. But when that document was completed on the seventeenth of September in 1787, I was not included in that ‘We, the people.’ I felt somehow for many years that George Washington and Alexander Hamilton just left me out by mistake. But through the process of amendment, interpretation, and court decision, I have finally been included in ‘We, the people.’ Today I am an inquisitor. An hyperbole would not be fictional and would not overstate the solemness that I feel right now. My faith in the Constitution is whole; it is complete; it is total. And I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction, of the Constitution.”

I wish we had more Barbara Jordans in the Congress today -- but we all know that if 1974 Barbara Jordan was in the Congress today, she will be one of the most disrespected, demonized and hated women in Congress; called every insult in the book. Her intelligence will be maligned despite the fact she was one of the most brilliant congress members in it's history -- but instead, they will make fun of her appearance because that is what political discourse has been reduced to in the age of Trump -- and we are worse off for it.

Since the investigation into the Trump campaign is starting to heat up even more now that the Democrats are back in control of the house, I decided to take a moment to remember the last time a republican president was up to his neck in investigations. The one voice critical to that moment back then is the late great Barbara Jordan and the Watergate speech that she gave that will forever live on in history -- no matter if you are a Republican or Democrat or neither...5 days after giving this speech, Nixon resigned....and that speech opened by saying:

“Earlier today, we heard the beginning of the Preamble to the Constitution of the United States: ‘We, the people.’ It’s a very eloquent beginning. But when that document was completed on the seventeenth of September in 1787, I was not included in that ‘We, the people.’ I felt somehow for many years that George Washington and Alexander Hamilton just left me out by mistake. But through the process of amendment, interpretation, and court decision, I have finally been included in ‘We, the people.’ Today I am an inquisitor. An hyperbole would not be fictional and would not overstate the solemness that I feel right now. My faith in the Constitution is whole; it is complete; it is total. And I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction, of the Constitution.”

I wish we had more Barbara Jordans in the Congress today -- but we all know that if 1974 Barbara Jordan was in the Congress today, she will be one of the most disrespected, demonized and hated women in Congress; called every insult in the book. Her intelligence will be maligned despite the fact she was one of the most brilliant congress members in it's history -- but instead, they will make fun of her appearance because that is what political discourse has been reduced to in the age of Trump -- and we are worse off for it.

That dude shouldnt wear pink sweaters. It looks weird on him.

A black woman with a superior intellect to yours really bothers you huh?

Thanks for proving my point...

A black woman with a superior intellect to yours really bothers you huh?

Thanks for proving my point...

Just because hes wearing a pink sweater, doesnt give you the right to call him a woman. Thats offensive.

Forum List

Back