"Black Panther" movie. Why is an all-black movie a victory for diversity?

The irony of the OP is that no one was whining like you when the lord of the rings came out with 6 straight movies and there wasnt a Black person in any of them.

Hey einstein. Rings was based on a book. Did the book have any blacks in it? THINK
Hey Imhotep. Black Panther is based on a comic book about a African superhero..

The irony of the OP is that no one was whining like you when the lord of the rings came out with 6 straight movies and there wasnt a Black person in any of them.

The irony is that the excessive fawning over this movie because of its predominantly Black cast marginalizes its appeal to general audiences, who are more interested in action and special effects than in political statements.
Thats their issue not mine. They dont have to go to see the movie. No one is forcing them to.

The first all black cowboy movie didn't do too well. It was all blacks, and even the horses were black. I think it was called "Ride Mutherfucker, Ride".

Yes - there's a few whites in it but its 99% black. Liberal hypocrites say all-white movies are racist but all-black movies are a way to fight racism!!!

This reminds me of a controversy over in videogame-land. A game recently came out set in a realistic depiction of medieval Bohemia and SJWs are mad and calling it racist and sexist for not having any black people in it and for not having any female heroes.

But I digress. Glad you guys got yourselves a superhero movie. I can't think of any reason to be upset about it.

Hey einstein. Rings was based on a book. Did the book have any blacks in it? THINK
Hey Imhotep. Black Panther is based on a comic book about a African superhero..
in a country of black people....speedos has zero knowledge of this character....

Yes - there's a few whites in it but its 99% black. Liberal hypocrites say all-white movies are racist but all-black movies are a way to fight racism!!!

This reminds me of a controversy over in videogame-land. A game recently came out set in a realistic depiction of medieval Bohemia and SJWs are mad and calling it racist and sexist for not having any black people in it and for not having any female heroes.

But I digress. Glad you guys got yourselves a superhero movie. I can't think of any reason to be upset about it.
Some people take it too far. Some things are going to have a monolithic cast. My only issue is when historically the people were known to have been Black and they cast all white actors.

this is the 3rd one.....

this is the 3rd one.....
Actually 5th or 6th

Because for years whites have dominated blockbuster action films. It is a nice change to see blacks dominate a blockbuster action film for once.

What I want to know is why some of you white people getting your panties in a bunch over one black movie when whites dominate 95% of the films out there.

I saw Black Panther at an early showing on Wednesday. I loved the movie. It exceeded my expectation. Aside from being an excellent action movie, as a black woman it made me feel good watching.

It was refreshing to see black women represented in a strong positive way instead if the Shaniqua Hollywood often portrays black women as.

Growing up I loved watching superhero shows and movies, but none of them looked like me. They were mostly men and if there was a woman she was white.

Last edited:
I think the white guy sitting next to me was a little uncomfortable that his wife kept rubbing my arm. She really liked the movie and kept asking me questions about some of the things in the movie.

Forum List

Back