"Black Panther" movie. Why is an all-black movie a victory for diversity?

It's about the blatant racism and naming the movie after a criminal drug gang, and idiots running around claiming it's 'diversity N Stuff'. Seems like the cast isn't the main issue. It's about black nationalism and indoctrinating children with hate and racism via fictitious history.
`
I just see it as a Marvel superhero movie. Did you see Thor Ragnarock?
`

`

I did.

It makes sense that a movie set in a fictitious African nation would have a nearly all black cast.

It also makes sense the characters based on Norse mythology would be ALL WHITE.

A black valkyrie, or a black Heimdall, makes no sense.

I did. It makes sense that a movie set in a fictitious African nation would have a nearly all black cast. It also makes sense the characters based on Norse mythology would be ALL WHITE.A black valkyrie, or a black Heimdall, makes no sense.
`
I studied the "Prose Edda" which encompasses the myth of the Nordic gods (Odin, Thor, the Aesir, etc) The movie was NOT based on the Prose Edda but the Marvel comic books version of the Nordic gods, which definitely isn't canon. Marvel is free to adjust their own fantasy universe, the way they want.
`

I did. It makes sense that a movie set in a fictitious African nation would have a nearly all black cast. It also makes sense the characters based on Norse mythology would be ALL WHITE.A black valkyrie, or a black Heimdall, makes no sense.
`
I studied the "Prose Edda" which encompasses the myth of the Nordic gods (Odin, Thor, the Aesir, etc) The movie was NOT based on the Prose Edda but the Marvel comic books version of the Nordic gods, which definitely isn't canon. Marvel is free to adjust their own fantasy universe, the way they want.
`

Of course they are free to do it.

I was not arguing that they did not have the right to do it.

My point stands.

It makes sense that a movie set in a fictitious African nation would have a nearly all black cast.

It also makes sense the characters based, even indirectly, on Norse mythology would be ALL WHITE.A black valkyrie, or a black Heimdall, makes no sense.

Of course they are free to do it. I was not arguing that they did not have the right to do it. My point stands. It makes sense that a movie set in a fictitious African nation would have a nearly all black cast.It also makes sense the characters based, even indirectly, on Norse mythology would be ALL WHITE.A black valkyrie, or a black Heimdall, makes no sense.
`
That doesn't make sense. As I pointed out, the Marvel Universe "Thor" is only loosely based on the Norse myth. Yes, they were white BUT NOT in the Marvel universe. It's FANTASY. Black Panther is fantasy. What are you not understanding here? A few racists complained that Heimdall (as well as Nick Fury in the Avengers) was black in the movie but 98% of the Thor fan base did not. You have to keep up with these things. You have no complaint.
`

Of course they are free to do it. I was not arguing that they did not have the right to do it. My point stands. It makes sense that a movie set in a fictitious African nation would have a nearly all black cast.It also makes sense the characters based, even indirectly, on Norse mythology would be ALL WHITE.A black valkyrie, or a black Heimdall, makes no sense.
`
That doesn't make sense. As I pointed out, the Marvel Universe "Thor" is only loosely based on the Norse myth. Yes, they were white BUT NOT in the Marvel universe. It's FANTASY. Black Panther is fantasy. What are you not understanding here? A few racists complained that Heimdall (as well as Nick Fury in the Avengers) was black in the movie but 98% of the Thor fan base did not. You have to keep up with these things. You have no complaint.
`

Valkyrior_2.jpg

Looks kind of white to me.

Why change it for the movies?

`
`

Valkyrior_2.jpg

Looks kind of white to me.

`
`
Because they have a creative license to do so. You still don't get it. Disney/Marvel is a for-profit company. If they think certain changes will be popular with the fan base and appeal to a wider audience, they'll do it. Some don't like it but considering all the Thor movies have been profitable, the changes worked.Those people who are angry about it; too bad, so sad. That's the way the real world works. The Marvel Cinematic Universe is NOT a carbon copy of the comics.
`

i know when he first appeared,i had the comic back then,you seem to be the clueless one,the panthers alter ego was never a thug and not inspired by one....like i said learn about the comic before you spew your ignorance.....

Yeah sure, the current one really resembles the 1960's one. lol you're delusional. The Panthers of the 1960's were almost all gone by 1969-70, and when Nixon catered to Charlie Rangel and the Black Caucus and started his 'War On Drugs', aimed at heroin dealers in black neighborhoods, the Black Panthers moved in to fill the vacuum. The modern incarnation isn't aimed at 1960's readers, it's aimed at kids now, and so is the name of the character. It is nothing at all like the 1960's one, which never took off in the first place, despite your alternate universe history. They're just selling a racist back story, aimed at creating a myth about African culture and inflaming black racism against white people, that's all. Nothing else to see in it.
thats because you are looking at it like a racist would.....but then thats you....

You racists think the schoolyard game 'I'm Rubber you're glue' really works on message boards. The entire premise of the movie's back story is pure racism, and your lame attempts at faking it otherwise are doomed to failure. lol as if Africa was screwed over by 'colonization', when in fact it was a noted shithole of genocides and slaver states for thousands of years, and then there is the fact that the only anti-slavery movement it ever saw came from white missionaries to boot. lol the whole gimmick is pure Hollywood propaganda from start to finish. The idea that 'colonization' is the cause of Africa's problems is laughable on its face. Colonization brought Africa it's only progress in millenia. Of course you seem to prefer lies and racism, most Democrat candidates depend on it for votes.
im a racist?....thats funny coming from a real one....

Says the racist who supports racist movies that promote hate and division. typical of Democrats, though. your losses in 2018 and 2020 will pretty much send you back under your rocks, and you can't do a thing about it.
hey fuckhead why dont you prove im a racist,give me an example.....and lets see you prove im a democrat,show me a post of mine saying how much i dig those guys.....or will we see you be like your buddy dean and do a dance?...

Black people in Asgard is like hispanics in LOTR

Apples and oranges. The rights and creative license for the Hobbit/LOTR legendarium is owned by the Tolkien estate. When Peter Jackson was making those movies, he could only make changes that were approved by Chris Tolkien. Jackson did not have a creative license. Since then, Chris Tolkien has stepped down as head of the estate and the estates Board is loosing up Chris's iron grasp on any changes. Conceivably, there could be a Latino hobbit someday, as well as Aragon being black.
`

`
`
Because they have a creative license to do so. You still don't get it. Disney/Marvel is a for-profit company. If they think certain changes will be popular with the fan base and appeal to a wider audience, they'll do it. Some don't like it but considering all the Thor movies have been profitable, the changes worked.Those people who are angry about it; too bad, so sad. That's the way the real world works. The Marvel Cinematic Universe is NOT a carbon copy of the comics.
`

1. Please stop with the straw man argument about them having the right to do this. No one is saying they do not have the righ to do this.

2. Do think really think that a black Heimdal will appeal to a wider audience, or are they just conforming to the ideology of Diversity?

3. Plenty of absolute shit makes money. That doesn't mean it isn't crap.

4. IF it is ok for people to be happy about an all black cast for a movie set in Africa, it is ok for people to be annoyed at a Norse Mythology figure to be recast as a black.

1. Please stop with the straw man argument about them having the right to do this. No one is saying they do not have the righ to do this.2. Do think really think that a black Heimdal will appeal to a wider audience, or are they just conforming to the ideology of Diversity?3. Plenty of absolute shit makes money. That doesn't mean it isn't crap.4. IF it is ok for people to be happy about an all black cast for a movie set in Africa, it is ok for people to be annoyed at a Norse Mythology figure to be recast as a black.
`
You are obsessed and fixated on this race thing. It clouds judgement.
`

1. Please stop with the straw man argument about them having the right to do this. No one is saying they do not have the righ to do this.2. Do think really think that a black Heimdal will appeal to a wider audience, or are they just conforming to the ideology of Diversity?3. Plenty of absolute shit makes money. That doesn't mean it isn't crap.4. IF it is ok for people to be happy about an all black cast for a movie set in Africa, it is ok for people to be annoyed at a Norse Mythology figure to be recast as a black.
`
`

That is A. not true, and B. not an answer to anything I said.

I'm fine with a nearly all black cast in a movie set in Africa.

I am really doubtful about it being seen as a black empowerment thing, what with the main character being a Monarchist from a Isolationist country.

But, the same consistency and respect for the narrative that makes a nearly all black cast in this movie sensible, makes a black Heimdal or a black Valkyrie, NOT sensible.

`
`
aint that the truth.....i am waiting for this stroonge to prove im one....

`
`

Of course they are free to do it.

I was not arguing that they did not have the right to do it.

My point stands.

It also makes sense the characters based, even indirectly, on Norse mythology would be ALL WHITE.A black valkyrie, or a black Heimdall, makes no sense.

“Nearly all black” is ok, but “nearly all white” isn’t white enough for ya? Picky, picky

The research done on this movie is incredibly comprehensive and educational. There were many themes in the movie but the 3 main themes were so very important. I give kudos to the director for being able to weave them all into one unified and amazingly coherent movie. When you top that off with the special effects then this movie becomes a must have for all Black families. Its a true gem for any race but much more important for Black people.

I haven't seen it yet, but I question how important a Marvel movie can be. Entertaining, absolutely, but important? :p
You would have to be Black to understand I'm sure. Its a Black thing.

Yes, well, Hollywood makes its living sucking money out of the pockets of the least intelligent people, and this is no different in relevance. It's a stupid kid's movie, and no doubt you and the other adult racists sitting in a theater with a bunch of kids no doubt reaches new record breaking levels of creepiness, beyond even the Star Trek and Star Wars gimps, deviants, and pedoes.
You are so cute when you get mad about things you cant stop. Its like watching a little monkey frustrated that he cant get to the banana on the other side of the bars. :laugh:

Forum List

Back