"Black" Names

There has yet to be a payday in the MMA that matches boxing. When that day comes you will see some changes.

There are some things about all combat sports that are similar. The main one being the ability to establish proper attacking distance. Now we have a person who has depended upon establishing close distance in order to mount an offense opposed to another that is better at attacking with long range offense. Now for Fedor to beat Tyson, he is going to have to get past a jab that's going to hit him in the face every time he tries to get near. If Fedor shoots he could face an uppercut. Both fighters will have practiced and watched films of each other. So after watching films of Fedor for 6 weeks, Tyson will not be walking forward to try getting a knock out and Fedor would probably have to come to him and that could be a problem.
This is what happens when a World Champion boxer goes up against someone trained in MMA. Conor is even remotely close to being an elite grappler, but he handles this guy with ease. Its like he's sparring with a child.

That guy was no champion boxer. Again, boxing a chump in practice is not like going against a top champion. You have to establish distance to get to the ground game and a top boxer will knock your ass out. Look son, I've wrestled. At basically the highest level. And I'm telling you things just won't be as easy as you think. Striking is part of the MMA and not one MMA fighter will be as sufficient striker as a champion boxer.

Notice how when a person gets within a certain distance of Crawford they get a reminder to move back. Now if you don't think a championship boxer will be trained to establish a safe distance from a shot to the legs then you just want to believe that white MMA fighters are just better than everybody because they are white.

Lol, you did NOT wrestle at the highest level. :laugh:

I wrestled in college which aside from the olympics is the highest level in America. I did wrestle olympians and world champs in open tournaments. I wrestled several of them. 1 was Kenny Monday, another because there were no other people in my weight, I had to wrestle Melyvn Douglass. I didn't beat them, but held my own and never got majored or pinned.

There are many levels of college wrestlng. If you were at the top level, you would have been more specific. I couldnt help but notice you didnt name the college, which assures me you werent NCAA, which means you aint anywhere near the top level.

No, there is collegiate wrestling and then Olympic. You can be from a small school and beat a division one wrestler which I did when I won the Central region AAU title at 163 pounds in 1981 or several open freestyle tournaments in the summers. During that AAU meet, I beat one guy who wrestled for Arizona State during the season a guy who wrestled for Central Oklahoma during the season and a guy who wrestled at the Colorado School of Mines. I know you want to look for things to dismiss, but you can't. I know what I have done. But the reality here is that you are talking about the MMA but you forget that striking is part of that sport and boxers win the striking battle thereby limiting people like McGregor to kicking or trying to wrestle which makes them easier to defend against. You have a video of McGregor practicing with a scrub and you are trying to argue about it.

Just because a guy from a small school occasionally beats at Division 1 wrestler, doesnt mean division 1 isnt leaps and bounds ahead of the rest. If you are only left with pointing out the rare exceptions, you dont have much of an argument.

As for Conor, that guy he sparred against was a World Champion Boxer. Nothing you say can change that fact, and Conor handled him with ease. If you have a video of a boxer stopping take downs, lets see it, otherwise youve got nothing.

Wrestling is an individual sport. That means school size will be less important than if it was a team sport. Conor McGregor got beat up by an old retired boxer. In the ring or octagon, he'd get pounded. Striking is part of the sport and you must get past the strike to grapple. Plain and simple. That is not an easy thing to do and McGregor would get hurt bad trying to get in close enough to beat a championship level boxer.

That guy he spared with was a flyweight who was much smaller than him name Patrick Hyland. Featherweight is 126 pounds. McGregor fights at 150-170 pounds. He would get busted up by Terrence crawford, Canelo Alvarez, OR Chris Eubanks Jr. These guys are the champions at the weight McGregor would be fighting in. Not 126 pounds.

You clearly dont understand combat sports if you think Mayweather has even a slight chance against Conor in MMA. Conor would make him look like a fool in the octogon.

Unkotare
No, I'm trying to have a discussion with YOU - an individual person.

And if you are looking to understand why debates between whites and blacks often end up like this, it's bcoz we are not talking about the same thing.

To white folks, racism is seen mostly as individual and it's all about the individual

For blacks, yeah it is that too, but racusm is systemic.

It is the experience of systematized discrimination in housing, employment, schools or the justice system.

It is the knowledge that one’s entire group is under suspicion, at risk of being treated negatively because of stereotypes held by persons with the power to act on the basis of those beliefs.

Talking to you is like when you watch a programme and there's kid on their with Downs syndrome and they ask him "What do you want to be when you grow up ?"

And they say "President!"

Like you, they believe in the just world fallacy and don't understand that the game and life is rigged against them

That sounds nice. Really does.

You're attitude is like telling a boxer "look dont move your head, just think positive"

Paul Essien
Blk ppl can expect to have a harder time finding an apartment or a house...

Unkotare
YOU can't rent an apartment?

Unkotare
Well?

(I've told you. I have a life outside of USMB)

Black ppl should be able rent an apartment. I'm not going to give white ppl a cookie for that. Are you crazy?

Unkotare

And if you are looking to understand why debates between whites and blacks often end up like this, it's bcoz we are not talking about the same thing.

To white folks, racism is seen mostly as individual and it's all about the individual

For blacks, yeah it is that too, but racusm is systemic.

It is the experience of systematized discrimination in housing, employment, schools or the justice system.

It is the knowledge that one’s entire group is under suspicion, at risk of being treated negatively because of stereotypes held by persons with the power to act on the basis of those beliefs.

Talking to you is like when you watch a programme and there's kid on their with Downs syndrome and they ask him "What do you want to be when you grow up ?"

And they say "President!"

Like you, they believe in the just world fallacy and don't understand that the game and life is rigged against them

That sounds nice. Really does.

You're attitude is like telling a boxer "look dont move your head, just think positive"
Youre attitude is like telling a boxer, "punches are always coming. Even if you cant see them, they are there, so never stop moving your head. Do it until you get dizzy and confused".

Unkotare

And if you are looking to understand ...

I'm not looking to understand anything from you, kid. I have shoes with more experience and understanding of the world than you, so grow up a little more before presuming anything, junior.

Paul Essien

Unkotare

Unkotare
Well?

Black ppl should be able rent an apartment. I'm not going to give white ppl a cookie for that. Are you crazy?

You didn't answer the question. Can you rent an apartment or not?

Unkotare

No it's not.

Paul Essien

Unkotare

Unkotare
Well?

I just did.

Also black ppl could rent apartments 100 yrs ago.

What's your point ?

Paul Essien

Unkotare

Unkotare
Well?

I just did.

What's your point ?
Did you have a hard time renting an apartment?

Godboy
You clearly dont understand combat sports if you think Mayweather has even a slight chance against Conor in MMA. Conor would make him look like a fool in the octogon.

Mayweather has more of a chance of beating Connor in an octagon than Mr Irish Potato head does of beating money in the ring.

Godboy

Mayweather has more of a chance of beating Connor in an octagon than Mr Irish Potato head does of beating money in the ring.
That comment reflects an agenda rather than experience.

Paul Essien

Unkotare

Unkotare
Well?

Paul Essien

Black ppl should be able rent an apartment. I'm not going to give white ppl a cookie for that. Are you crazy
?

Unkotare

Paul Essien
I just did.

What's your point ?

Unkotare
Did you have a hard time renting an apartment?

It depends on where you want to rent.

Even if a blk person wanted to avoid white ppl and rent in places of mainly blk ppl only. The white supremacists have made sure that blk person will find themselves limited to the poorest, most crowded areas of town.

The white supremacist has also made sure that whites can rent or live wherever they wish with the help of mortgage discrimination, redlining, zoning laws and so-called “market forces” pricing many blacks out of the better housing markets.

The white supremacists has also made sure that power and resources are skewed in the direction of places were whites live or rent.

Godboy

The ignorance of your post is beyond words. You guys need to stop talking about combat sports. You have no idea what youre talking about.

Forum List

Back