"Black" Names

This country is FULL of people who are the victims of bigotry and racism, and yet have prevailed. Jews, Japanese (whose parents were confined to INTERNMENT CAMPS), Vietnamese, Koreans, even consider homosexuals...all the victims of various forms of prejudice, and yet they are generally better educated, more prosperous, more likely to be members of the Learned Professions than the General Population. More likely to be entrepreneurs.

A substantial percentage of American Blacks have overcome the impediments of our "racist" society.

And in contrast with this reality, we have SOME Black people who whine that "racism" prevents them from succeeding. And yet, I would wager that most cannot name a single time when they was refused a meaningful benefit because of race. They call it "institutional racism," and yet it is largely a myth. To anyone not blinded by ignorance, it is obvious that this country wants Blacks to succeed, and yet it is still used as an excuse for failure.

This country is FULL of people who are the victims of bigotry and racism, and yet have prevailed. Jews, Japanese (whose parents were confined to INTERNMENT CAMPS), Vietnamese, Koreans, even consider homosexuals...all the victims of various forms of prejudice, and yet they are generally better educated, more prosperous, more likely to be members of the Learned Professions than the General Population. More likely to be entrepreneurs.

A substantial percentage of American Blacks have overcome the impediments of our "racist" society.

And in contrast with this reality, we have SOME Black people who whine that "racism" prevents them from succeeding. And yet, I would wager that most cannot name a single time when they was refused a meaningful benefit because of race. They call it "institutional racism," and yet it is largely a myth. To anyone not blinded by ignorance, it is obvious that this country wants Blacks to succeed, and yet it is still used as an excuse for failure.

This is the standard delusional commentary coming from whites. You are completely wrong here. While Japanese were interred only during WW2, blacks were still facing government sponsored apartheid before WW2 and for 20 years by written law after WW2 ended. Institutional racism is no myth and until you turn black and live, you really need to stop lying to yourself.

In 2011, DEMOS did a study named “The Racial Wealth Gap, Why Policy Matters”, which discussed the racial wealth gap, the problems associated with it along with solutions and outcomes if the gap did not exist. In this study DEMOS determined that the racial wealth gap was primarily driven by policy decisions.

“The U.S. racial wealth gap is substantial and is driven by public policy decisions. According to our analysis of the SIPP data, in 2011 the median white household had $111,146 in wealth holdings, compared to just $7,113 for the median Black household and $8,348 for the median Latino household. From the continuing impact of redlining on American homeownership to the retreat from desegregation in public education, public policy has shaped these disparities, leaving them impossible to overcome without racially-aware policy change.”

I would suggest that you should not make unlearned opinions.

"Because most whites have not been trained to think with complexity about racism, and because it benefits white dominance not to do so, we have a very limited understanding of it (Kumashiro, 2009; LaDuke, 2009). We are the least likely to see, comprehend, or be invested in validating people of color’s assertions of racism and being honest about their consequences (King, 1991). At the same time, because of white social, economic, and political power within a white dominant culture, whites are the group in the position to legitimize people of color’s assertions of racism.Being in this position engenders a form of racial arrogance, and in this racial arrogance, whites have little compunction about debating the knowledge of people who have thought deeply about race through research, study, peer-reviewed scholarship, deep and on-going critical self-reflection, interracial relationships, and lived experience (Chinnery, 2008). This expertise is often trivialized and countered with simplistic platitudes, such as “people just need to see each other as individuals” or “see each other as humans” or “take personal responsibility.”

White lack of racial humility often leads to declarations of disagreement when in fact the problem is that we do not understand. Whites generally feel free to dismiss informed perspectives rather than have the humility to acknowledge that they are unfamiliar, reflect on them further, seek more information, or sustain a dialogue
(DiAngelo & Sensoy, 2009)."

There is no such thing as using racism as an excuse to fail. The root cause of the problems blacks face is white racism. Jews are not a race and most of them are white. You don't know a person is a homosexual unless they tell you therefore they are men and women of all races. Asians live at a rate of poverty almost equal to blacks and face the same discriminations and institutionalized racism. In 2017 the SCOTUS determined institutionalized racism still exists.

There has yet to be a payday in the MMA that matches boxing. When that day comes you will see some changes.

There are some things about all combat sports that are similar. The main one being the ability to establish proper attacking distance. Now we have a person who has depended upon establishing close distance in order to mount an offense opposed to another that is better at attacking with long range offense. Now for Fedor to beat Tyson, he is going to have to get past a jab that's going to hit him in the face every time he tries to get near. If Fedor shoots he could face an uppercut. Both fighters will have practiced and watched films of each other. So after watching films of Fedor for 6 weeks, Tyson will not be walking forward to try getting a knock out and Fedor would probably have to come to him and that could be a problem.
This is what happens when a World Champion boxer goes up against someone trained in MMA. Conor is even remotely close to being an elite grappler, but he handles this guy with ease. Its like he's sparring with a child.

That guy was no champion boxer. Again, boxing a chump in practice is not like going against a top champion. You have to establish distance to get to the ground game and a top boxer will knock your ass out. Look son, I've wrestled. At basically the highest level. And I'm telling you things just won't be as easy as you think. Striking is part of the MMA and not one MMA fighter will be as sufficient striker as a champion boxer.

Notice how when a person gets within a certain distance of Crawford they get a reminder to move back. Now if you don't think a championship boxer will be trained to establish a safe distance from a shot to the legs then you just want to believe that white MMA fighters are just better than everybody because they are white.

Lol, you did NOT wrestle at the highest level. :laugh:

I wrestled in college which aside from the olympics is the highest level in America. I did wrestle olympians and world champs in open tournaments. I wrestled several of them. 1 was Kenny Monday, another because there were no other people in my weight, I had to wrestle Melyvn Douglass. I didn't beat them, but held my own and never got majored or pinned.

There are many levels of college wrestlng. If you were at the top level, you would have been more specific. I couldnt help but notice you didnt name the college, which assures me you werent NCAA, which means you aint anywhere near the top level.

No, there is collegiate wrestling and then Olympic. You can be from a small school and beat a division one wrestler which I did when I won the Central region AAU title at 163 pounds in 1981 or several open freestyle tournaments in the summers. During that AAU meet, I beat one guy who wrestled for Arizona State during the season a guy who wrestled for Central Oklahoma during the season and a guy who wrestled at the Colorado School of Mines. ....

:lol: Busted.
AAU is an organization mainly for children through high school. Real college wrestling is governed by the NCAA. Open summer tournaments are hardly the pinnacle of serious competition. Mostly they are something wrestlers go to for fun and to stay a little bit in shape. We used to drive around to summer tournaments for shits and giggles. We'd show up hung over as hell and so out of shape most of us were two weight classes over. Some of the guys we wrestled laughed later at how badly some of us reeked of beer. We won most of those at whatever weight class (sometimes there would be so few guys there they would basically make the whole thing one unlimited weight class). If some D3 scrub beat a wrestler from Arizona State it was almost certainly someone who showed up for practices there but was NOT starting during the real season. Stop trying to puff yourself up, champ.

I have written in this space previously that much of Black "inequality" can be reasonably attributed to voluntary behaviors by individual Blacks - mainly bastardy, school drop-out tendency, and petty criminality - and I have recently come upon another one, also a total mystery to me.

It is "common knowledge" in the Black community that having a "Black" name can often lead to, for example, employment applications being discarded, and other similar forms of discrimination. Indeed, I have read some first-person accounts of white people having Black-sounding names (e.g., "Jamal") and experiencing such discrimination "unfairly"(?).

And yet, the trend toward bizarre Christian names among Blacks seems to be increasing as time goes by.

Malik. LaShonda. Trayvon. LaToya. Names with mis-placed capital letters, and apostrophes. I pity the inner-city Kindergarten teacher who must address these children in school for the first time, trying to figure out how to pronounce some of these bizarre names, and to do so without laughing. I have occasionally thought that mothers invent them in the hope that one day the child will be a mega-super-star of one form or another who can be known simply by that first name. Shaquille. OJ. Michael. Et cetera. (Oops. Has anybody used that one?)

But seriously, is this not an utterly stupid thing to do? Why would you - even potentially - saddle your kid with a name that will label him/her as Black, sight unseen, for the rest of his or her life, knowing that it is likely that the name will result in negative discrimination in at least some circumstances? You might as well put a tattoo on your child's forehead saying, "My Mother is an Idiot."

Were I a Black parent, I would go to the other extreme, naming my kid with the most Wasp-ish name I could imagine ("Chatsworth Osborne Smith"), in the hope that it might open a door somewhere in the future. If you want to CALL your kid something more creative, knock yourself out. But to put "D'boneHead" on a Birth Certificate is almost criminally stupid.
I believe names are chosen as part of a spiritual process. So if "Black names" define a cultural identity, if that is how that lineage, tribe or community expresses that culture, that is for those people to claim and determine for themselves the paths and reality they choose to create that represent their spirit and future.

There is no such thing as using racism as an excuse to fail. The root cause of the problems blacks face is white racism....

Every time you have failed in your life has been because of racism?

There has yet to be a payday in the MMA that matches boxing. When that day comes you will see some changes.

There are some things about all combat sports that are similar. The main one being the ability to establish proper attacking distance. Now we have a person who has depended upon establishing close distance in order to mount an offense opposed to another that is better at attacking with long range offense. Now for Fedor to beat Tyson, he is going to have to get past a jab that's going to hit him in the face every time he tries to get near. If Fedor shoots he could face an uppercut. Both fighters will have practiced and watched films of each other. So after watching films of Fedor for 6 weeks, Tyson will not be walking forward to try getting a knock out and Fedor would probably have to come to him and that could be a problem.
This is what happens when a World Champion boxer goes up against someone trained in MMA. Conor is even remotely close to being an elite grappler, but he handles this guy with ease. Its like he's sparring with a child.

That guy was no champion boxer. Again, boxing a chump in practice is not like going against a top champion. You have to establish distance to get to the ground game and a top boxer will knock your ass out. Look son, I've wrestled. At basically the highest level. And I'm telling you things just won't be as easy as you think. Striking is part of the MMA and not one MMA fighter will be as sufficient striker as a champion boxer.

Notice how when a person gets within a certain distance of Crawford they get a reminder to move back. Now if you don't think a championship boxer will be trained to establish a safe distance from a shot to the legs then you just want to believe that white MMA fighters are just better than everybody because they are white.

I wrestled in college which aside from the olympics is the highest level in America. I did wrestle olympians and world champs in open tournaments. I wrestled several of them. 1 was Kenny Monday, another because there were no other people in my weight, I had to wrestle Melyvn Douglass. I didn't beat them, but held my own and never got majored or pinned.

There are many levels of college wrestlng. If you were at the top level, you would have been more specific. I couldnt help but notice you didnt name the college, which assures me you werent NCAA, which means you aint anywhere near the top level.

No, there is collegiate wrestling and then Olympic. You can be from a small school and beat a division one wrestler which I did when I won the Central region AAU title at 163 pounds in 1981 or several open freestyle tournaments in the summers. During that AAU meet, I beat one guy who wrestled for Arizona State during the season a guy who wrestled for Central Oklahoma during the season and a guy who wrestled at the Colorado School of Mines. I know you want to look for things to dismiss, but you can't. I know what I have done. But the reality here is that you are talking about the MMA but you forget that striking is part of that sport and boxers win the striking battle thereby limiting people like McGregor to kicking or trying to wrestle which makes them easier to defend against. You have a video of McGregor practicing with a scrub and you are trying to argue about it.

Just because a guy from a small school occasionally beats at Division 1 wrestler, doesnt mean division 1 isnt leaps and bounds ahead of the rest. If you are only left with pointing out the rare exceptions, you dont have much of an argument.

As for Conor, that guy he sparred against was a World Champion Boxer. Nothing you say can change that fact, and Conor handled him with ease. If you have a video of a boxer stopping take downs, lets see it, otherwise youve got nothing.

Unkotare
Run out of stupid things to copy and paste? Are you going to recycle all the stupid comments you have posted here at least once?

Ok, I'll say it again:
I don't care about people based on the color of their skin.

Not run out of things to say just that I have a life outside of USMB unlike you.

By the way. All whites give that "I dont see color" line or something.

The denial of racism is essential to its maintenance.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Unkotare
Run out of stupid things to copy and paste? Are you going to recycle all the stupid comments you have posted here at least once?

Ok, I'll say it again:

Not run out of things to say just that I have a life outside of USMB unlike you.

I never said I don't see color. I said whether or how much I care about people is not based on color. Can you say the same?

No, there is collegiate wrestling and then Olympic. You can be from a small school and beat a division one wrestler which I did when I won the Central region AAU title at 163 pounds in 1981 or several open freestyle tournaments in the summers. During that AAU meet, I beat one guy who wrestled for Arizona State during the season a guy who wrestled for Central Oklahoma during the season and a guy who wrestled at the Colorado School of Mines. I know you want to look for things to dismiss, but you can't. I know what I have done. But the reality here is that you are talking about the MMA but you forget that striking is part of that sport and boxers win the striking battle thereby limiting people like McGregor to kicking or trying to wrestle which makes them easier to defend against. You have a video of McGregor practicing with a scrub and you are trying to argue about it.

Just because a guy from a small school occasionally beats at Division 1 wrestler, doesnt mean division 1 isnt leaps and bounds ahead of the rest. If you are only left with pointing out the rare exceptions, you dont have much of an argument.

As for Conor, that guy he sparred against was a World Champion Boxer. Nothing you say can change that fact, and Conor handled him with ease. If you have a video of a boxer stopping take downs, lets see it, otherwise youve got nothing.

Wrestling is an individual sport. That means school size will be less important than if it was a team sport. Conor McGregor got beat up by an old retired boxer. In the ring or octagon, he'd get pounded. Striking is part of the sport and you must get past the strike to grapple. Plain and simple. That is not an easy thing to do and McGregor would get hurt bad trying to get in close enough to beat a championship level boxer.

That guy he spared with was a flyweight who was much smaller than him name Patrick Hyland. Featherweight is 126 pounds. McGregor fights at 150-170 pounds. He would get busted up by Terrence crawford, Canelo Alvarez, OR Chris Eubanks Jr. These guys are the champions at the weight McGregor would be fighting in. Not 126 pounds.

Last edited:
Unkotare

Ok, I'll say it again:

I never said I don't see color. I said whether or how much I care about people is not based on color. Can you say the same?
Look. Richard Spencer, David Duke , Jared Taylor they would all say they're not racist. But "race realists"

Even hardcore white supremacists deny their racism.

If I'm in court n facing life, n I have 10 ppl like you, who think like u on the jury ?

I'm fked. PERIOD.

Fact is if groups of ppl can be convinced that different brands of paper to wash your ass after uv had a shit are superior to others.

What do you think they can do 2 your mind about race ?

And that's commercial that's been running 24 7, 365 for the last 300 yrs.

• Love
Unkotare

Ok, I'll say it again:

Look. Richard Spencer, David Duke , Jared Taylor they would all say they're not racist. But "race realists"

You should talk to them about it then. None of those names are mine.

If I'm in court n facing life, n I have 10 ppl like you, who think like u on the jury ?

I'm fked. PERIOD.

Why would you think that? Needless to say, you're completely full of shit. I don't judge people based on the color of their skin. Can you say the same?

Wrestling is an individual sport. That means school size will be less important than if it was a team sport. ...

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Unkotare

Ok, I'll say it again:

You should talk to them about it then. None of those names are mine.
Dude. You're sitting here going bk forth with blk men when really you should be having the humility to soak up game.

But your argue like a woman, getting personal on subject like racism which is not personal in the slightest.

If I was Mike Brown on that day. He would have shot me.

So sit down. Stop trying to win. We have heard it all before.

I'm fked. PERIOD.

Why would you think that? Needless to say, you're completely full of shit. I don't judge people based on the color of their skin. Can you say the same?
All white ppl say that. "I'm not racist"

I dunno why whites think the world is explode if they admit they're racism. It's almost like that the rule of white society, to deny.

But then again. It's not your fault. It really isn't.

• Thanks

Forum List

Back