Black Lives Do Matter

I want to start by saying I’m all for criminal justice reform (especially losing the incarceration rate in the US). I’m all for cops going to jail when they do something illegal. However, I don’t understand how the cause entitled “Black Lives Matter” could be about police brutality. I understand that some police are prejudice and that can lead to unjust killings. The thing is, these unjust killings aren’t even close to the number one problem plaguing black communities. Technically it’s heart disease, then cancer. Even assault (about 90% of which is black on black according to the FBI) makes the top ten list of killers of African Americans. And what about the things that ruin families and communities even if they don’t necessarily cause death, such as incarceration/recidivism rates, unemployment/underemployment and selling/using drugs. My question is, if BLM really wanted to help the black community why would they not attack these issues instead of the relatively small, but highly publicized, issue of racially fueled police brutality. My assumption is that the people involved in the BLM leadership are privileged, bored, and looking for fame. In my opinion, all the money that is going towards BLM could be going to actually saving lives and making the world a better place. Please, someone tell me why money is better spent on a problem that affects hundreds when the same money could be used much more efficiently to address a problem that affects hundreds of thousands?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
It seems you are confused. BLM has nothing to do with the leading causes of Black deaths. Its specifically addressing the real problem of cops being paid by our tax dollars to kill Black men. Any attempts to make BLM about anything other than what their mission statement specifically states is only something an ignorant fool would do.

My point is 1. It is a misleading title because they don’t really care about all black lives just the unfortunate 40 who are killed by cops each year. 2. It is a cause that is receiving much more attention than it deserves and is taking away attention from real issues.

Privileged people only see what’s in the media and have no idea about the real struggle that minorities face every day in an urban setting. Very sad. I hope the cause works out and at least 40 people are saved next year and we can move on to real issues instead of these media influenced distractions.
Who told you it was a misleading title? Every Black person I know thinks its right on point. Who told you they dont really care about all Black lives? Did you take a poll of every Black person to discover this? I ask because I wasnt polled.

Black people cant help that white people get their emotions all tied up in knots when ever we say the cops are racist and are killing Black people. You whites are the ones that are giving it the attention by denying and fighting the truth. Blacks dont own any major media outlets. You need to get your logic straight.

The cause wont work out. It will only raise awareness in a few individual whites and that will be that. I have told Blacks before dont expect much change from whites. They mentally cant handle the truth that they have created and help maintain a racial system that denigrates, discriminates against, and subjugates while exposing Black people to murder by the very people that are paid to be their law enforcement..

There’s no reasoning with angry collectivist like you. People are going to keep dying in my neighborhood because of people like you want to hate instead of work toward change. You obviously live in some privileged area where you can sit in your quiet home and type your hate on the keyboard. I hear gunshots. I see violence. These communities are in turmoil and it’s not because of police shootings. Privileged people like you, with hateful ideologies, are sadly the people that the people in charge hear the most and they return with more hate. It’s disgusting.

Ms. Halmilton doesn’t want the world to burn, she just wants her son back.
Why do you think I am angry because I called you out on your bullshit? Thats a typical white boy dodge. Of course neighborhoods are in turmoil. You should be addressing your concerns to the people that created the environment and them placed Black people there. You dont have the authority or credibility to question an organization formed by a mom that had her child killed by a cop and ask her to take on all the ills of her community. The focus is on the specific issue of police brutality which actually helps create the environment you claim to live in. There are plenty of other groups working on the other ills which you would know if you really lived in such an environment. However since we dont own the media whites like yourself dont hear about it.

I want to start by saying I’m all for criminal justice reform (especially losing the incarceration rate in the US). I’m all for cops going to jail when they do something illegal. However, I don’t understand how the cause entitled “Black Lives Matter” could be about police brutality. I understand that some police are prejudice and that can lead to unjust killings. The thing is, these unjust killings aren’t even close to the number one problem plaguing black communities. Technically it’s heart disease, then cancer. Even assault (about 90% of which is black on black according to the FBI) makes the top ten list of killers of African Americans. And what about the things that ruin families and communities even if they don’t necessarily cause death, such as incarceration/recidivism rates, unemployment/underemployment and selling/using drugs. My question is, if BLM really wanted to help the black community why would they not attack these issues instead of the relatively small, but highly publicized, issue of racially fueled police brutality. My assumption is that the people involved in the BLM leadership are privileged, bored, and looking for fame. In my opinion, all the money that is going towards BLM could be going to actually saving lives and making the world a better place. Please, someone tell me why money is better spent on a problem that affects hundreds when the same money could be used much more efficiently to address a problem that affects hundreds of thousands?

It seems you are confused. BLM has nothing to do with the leading causes of Black deaths. Its specifically addressing the real problem of cops being paid by our tax dollars to kill Black men. Any attempts to make BLM about anything other than what their mission statement specifically states is only something an ignorant fool would do.

My point is 1. It is a misleading title because they don’t really care about all black lives just the unfortunate 40 who are killed by cops each year. 2. It is a cause that is receiving much more attention than it deserves and is taking away attention from real issues.

Privileged people only see what’s in the media and have no idea about the real struggle that minorities face every day in an urban setting. Very sad. I hope the cause works out and at least 40 people are saved next year and we can move on to real issues instead of these media influenced distractions.
Who told you it was a misleading title? Every Black person I know thinks its right on point. Who told you they dont really care about all Black lives? Did you take a poll of every Black person to discover this? I ask because I wasnt polled.

Black people cant help that white people get their emotions all tied up in knots when ever we say the cops are racist and are killing Black people. You whites are the ones that are giving it the attention by denying and fighting the truth. Blacks dont own any major media outlets. You need to get your logic straight.

The cause wont work out. It will only raise awareness in a few individual whites and that will be that. I have told Blacks before dont expect much change from whites. They mentally cant handle the truth that they have created and help maintain a racial system that denigrates, discriminates against, and subjugates while exposing Black people to murder by the very people that are paid to be their law enforcement..

There’s no reasoning with angry collectivist like you. People are going to keep dying in my neighborhood because of people like you want to hate instead of work toward change. You obviously live in some privileged area where you can sit in your quiet home and type your hate on the keyboard. I hear gunshots. I see violence. These communities are in turmoil and it’s not because of police shootings. Privileged people like you, with hateful ideologies, are sadly the people that the people in charge hear the most and they return with more hate. It’s disgusting.

Why do you think I am angry because I called you out on your bullshit? Thats a typical white boy dodge. Of course neighborhoods are in turmoil. You should be addressing your concerns to the people that created the environment and them placed Black people there. You dont have the authority or credibility to question an organization formed by a mom that had her child killed by a cop and ask her to take on all the ills of her community. The focus is on the specific issue of police brutality which actually helps create the environment you claim to live in. There are plenty of other groups working on the other ills which you would know if you really lived in such an environment. However since we dont own the media whites like yourself dont hear about it.

The three founders of BLM are all career activists and none of whom lost a child to police brutality. It even says on the website the names of the founders and the reason the movement was formed. Weird that you can defend a group you clearly know so little about. I live in south philly and of course the churches are active in the community I’m sure but they don’t have the power that BLM has and I don’t go to church nor do any of my friends and that’s the problem. What we see is the popular media which as far as I can tell is meant to create hateful divisive people like you. For someone who doesn’t like the white man you really let the white owned media get to you.

I know I won’t change your mind. Probably because I am mentally incapable, you know cause I’m white and all. I just hope you keep that hate on the message board and don’t bring it to the real world.

The three founders of BLM are all career activists and none of whom lost a child to police brutality. It even says on the website the names of the founders and the reason the movement was formed. Weird that you can defend a group you clearly know so little about. I live in south philly and of course the churches are active in the community I’m sure but they don’t have the power that BLM has and I don’t go to church nor do any of my friends and that’s the problem. What we see is the popular media which as far as I can tell is meant to create hateful divisive people like you. For someone who doesn’t like the white man you really let the white owned media get to you.

I know I won’t change your mind. Probably because I am mentally incapable, you know cause I’m white and all. I just hope you keep that hate on the message board and don’t bring it to the real world.
Hey dummy. They founded it due to a mom that lost her son to police brutality. Trayvon Martin. You dont get to question what they should or shouldnt focus on. If you dont like it form your own group and stop complaining.

Of course you wont change my mind and yes a large part of it is because youre white and as typically follows you are clueless and lack even a little credibility on the subject.

Hey dummy. They founded it due to a mom that lost her son to police brutality. Trayvon Martin. You dont get to question what they should or shouldnt focus on. If you dont like it form your own group and stop complaining.

Of course you wont change my mind and yes a large part of it is because youre white and as typically follows you are clueless and lack even a little credibility on the subject.

No you said formed BY a Mom. Im sure it’s tough to be wrong especially in an argument with a whitey. But sadly this INDIVIDUAL white person is at least more resourceful, and probably smarter, than you (also an individual). Not sure where you think you get off speaking for the whole black community from behind your computer screen. But back to the point.

These are three activist that were heavily involved in the white owned media before Trayvon wasn’t even known to anyone. They took his cause and exploited it for their own gain. Two of them were trans activist until they found this cause to hop aboard and ride to fame. They exploited that poor kids death for their personal gain. That’s the sad truth of the matter chief.

I know I’m not credible. But do a little research pretending I am. Try to prove anything I’ve said wrong. Might change your world.

Also maybe come down to hood rub some elbows fella. Doesn’t matter which one I’m sure you got family somewhere. Get some of their opinions before you go speaking for a ridiculously large and diverse group of people all by yourself.

Let me explain something

Are more black people killed by heart disease than by the Police.

Yes. But guess what ?

That would have been true 100 years ago.

That would have been true under apartheid in South Africa. That would have been true under Jim Crow segregation in the USA.

But would the black heart disease argument been a good reason to excuse for the KKK hangings of black men ? Would the black heart disease argument been a good reason to excuse the kilings of black people by Police 100 years ago ?

No. So why is it now ?

Secondly the black people killed by black people will always be higher than black ppl killed by the police. Why ? Because those are the people you live around. The same way the white on white killings will be higher than police on white.

When ISIS killed white people in Paris or 9-11 Twin Towers you did not hear people say "Well, more white people kill white people, than muslims""

That would have been just as true.

The police are held to a higher standard. That's why police killings of black people cause the commotion that they do. Because if you have the power to kill me, then you better believe I'm gonna hold you to a higher standard.

It's the same way a teacher can't be late often for their class and then turn around and say "Well some of you are late too"

With great power comes greater responsibility. They are the rules.

BLM is another attempt to justify in-equality based on race, period. Michael Brown's death was the result of his own actions, not the irresponsible abuse of a police officer. Mind you there have been a number of Black Americans abused by the police as well as White and Brown. The number of people killed by police officers is overwhelmingly White Americans not Black Americans.

The current NFL Player petty protest has reveled one thing that the league better wake up with soon, Americans are great football fans, but we can do without the NFL, just look at the number of empty seats. We have taken the One and Only Black POTUS Presidency and decided the Civil Rights Movement never occurred. .

First of all I’m in law school and if I’m lucky one day I will be a judge and from there I will be in a position to make a difference. I also did the heart walk just this Saturday. 2017 Philadelphia Heart Walk . I do those things for personal reasons my dad has been in jail most of my life and I’ve have many family members die from heart disease. I was also out with all the other protesters in philly during the mike brown protests.

Again this issue is all about scale and misallocation of resources. 40 people is a very very very small percentage. I’m not saying it doesn’t warrant protest. I’m saying it does not warrant a standing national activist group who is misleading about its purpose.
Well why should the USA bother with Muslim Terrorists ?

When more white people die from smoking than are killed by Muslim Terrorists ?

Muslim terrorists do not warrant a standing national activist group. Trump tweets and the rest. They are misleading.

And what about cars ? Way more people die in cars

If blacks lives matter, why do so many black men not take care of their children?

Black lives never matter in the Democrat controlled big city shitholes, only Black votes.

BLM is a crock.

Everyone knows black lives in black hoods don't mean shit to blacks. How many thousands of blacks will be murdered by other blacks this year across the country?

Stop the indiscriminate murdering of one another and folks will begin to take BLM seriously. Until then STFU!

First of all I’m in law school and if I’m lucky one day I will be a judge and from there I will be in a position to make a difference. I also did the heart walk just this Saturday. 2017 Philadelphia Heart Walk . I do those things for personal reasons my dad has been in jail most of my life and I’ve have many family members die from heart disease. I was also out with all the other protesters in philly during the mike brown protests.

Again this issue is all about scale and misallocation of resources. 40 people is a very very very small percentage. I’m not saying it doesn’t warrant protest. I’m saying it does not warrant a standing national activist group who is misleading about its purpose.
Well why should the USA bother with Muslim Terrorists ?

When more white people die from smoking than are killed by Muslim Terrorists ?

Muslim terrorists do not warrant a standing national activist group. Trump tweets and the rest. They are misleading.

And what about cars ? Way more people die in cars

Well let’s not say just white people because terrorism isn’t a racial issue it’s a national security issue. Isis is far less racist than we seem to be, they hate everyone in America regardless of color. It’s also a foreign policy issue which is way different than anything we’ve been talking about. We don’t have a standing national activist group against Muslims (there are hate groups but i think it’s dangerous to equate them with BLM). We have a standing military and so does ISIS and other terrorist organizations, I think it’s pretty obvious. You’re reaching here.

I’m not sure where you’re from but where I’m from you can’t go anywhere without seeing “smoking kills” on signs and on TV. Part of that is government but part of it is activist groups. There are actually multiple standing activist groups associated with smoking.

Have you heard of google, Tesla, Apple and other companies research into autonomous vehicles that would cut down on accidents? Cool stuff. It’s a little bit different because there are so many benefits to cars that you don’t have with police brutality, smoking or terrorist.

Listen, I understand that these cases strike a nerve with people especially because the media repeatedly brings them up over and over again. I know that I could never fully understand how it feels to see something like that because, I myself am not black. My issue is not with trying to make the world a better, safer place for black people. My issue is with people taking advantage of other people’s situations and exploiting them for their own personal gain. In my opinion that is what the career activist (who weren’t even activist for the black community before they were activist for queer/trans) and the media are attempting to do. Not only is it upping their salary and rating but 4 years later, crime is still high, the neighborhoods are still dangerous, policy are still shooting people, nothing has changed except now there’s body cameras so we’re seeing it even more often (wonder if that’s an accident?).

I think that most of the followers of the movement are in it for the right reasons. I think they are being mislead by the people profiting off this.

Well let’s not say just white people because terrorism isn’t a racial issue it’s a national security issue. Isis is far less racist than we seem to be, they hate everyone in America regardless of color. It’s also a foreign policy issue which is way different than anything we’ve been talking about. We don’t have a standing national activist group against Muslims (there are hate groups but i think it’s dangerous to equate them with BLM). We have a standing military and so does ISIS and other terrorist organizations, I think it’s pretty obvious. You’re reaching here.

I’m not sure where you’re from but where I’m from you can’t go anywhere without seeing “smoking kills” on signs and on TV. Part of that is government but part of it is activist groups. There are actually multiple standing activist groups associated with smoking.

Have you heard of google, Tesla, Apple and other companies research into autonomous vehicles that would cut down on accidents? Cool stuff. It’s a little bit different because there are so many benefits to cars that you don’t have with police brutality, smoking or terrorist.

Listen, I understand that these cases strike a nerve with people especially because the media repeatedly brings them up over and over again. I know that I could never fully understand how it feels to see something like that because, I myself am not black. My issue is not with trying to make the world a better, safer place for black people. My issue is with people taking advantage of other people’s situations and exploiting them for their own personal gain. In my opinion that is what the career activist (who weren’t even activist for the black community before they were activist for queer/trans) and the media are attempting to do. Not only is it upping their salary and rating but 4 years later, crime is still high, the neighborhoods are still dangerous, policy are still shooting people, nothing has changed except now there’s body cameras so we’re seeing it even more often (wonder if that’s an accident?).

I think that most of the followers of the movement are in it for the right reasons. I think they are being mislead by the people profiting off this.
Look - The issue is not about being white and therefore “unable” to criticize black people.

Jesus, how you or frankly anyone could believe that in a culture where white critique of black people is a daily, hourly, minute-by-minute pastime is beyond me.

Rather the issue is, are you connected enough to black leadership to actually do something ?

What are you doing ?

Because if the answer to that last question is "not much"

Then you shouldn’t be surprised when the black people like me, think you’re full of shit.

If I haven’t seen your face in our place, working on the issues that we prioritize as if our lives depended on it – because they do — then why in God’s name should we presume your commitment to the cause?

On the other hand, if the answer to the question above were "I'm doing a lot" then my guess is you wouldn’t be losing your mind about what #BlackLivesMatter folks are doing, even if you had some strategic differences with them.

You would take that shit to them, because you would be part of them, or because you actually knew them, and you’d work it the hell out.

Look - The issue is not about being white and therefore “unable” to criticize black people.

Jesus, how you or frankly anyone could believe that in a culture where white critique of black people is a daily, hourly, minute-by-minute pastime is beyond me.

Rather the issue is, are you connected enough to black leadership to actually do something ?

What are you doing ?

Because if the answer to that last question is "not much"

Then you shouldn’t be surprised when the black people like me, think you’re full of shit.

If I haven’t seen your face in our place, working on the issues that we prioritize as if our lives depended on it – because they do — then why in God’s name should we presume your commitment to the cause?

On the other hand, if the answer to the question above were "I'm doing a lot" then my guess is you wouldn’t be losing your mind about what #BlackLivesMatter folks are doing, even if you had some strategic differences with them.

You would take that shit to them, because you would be part of them, or because you actually knew them, and you’d work it the hell out.

What I’m doing is trying to dedicate my life to the issue of mass incarceration. Due to my own personal experiences. It just so happens that it’s a bigger problem for black people than anyone else.

I’m not here to dedicate my life to black people. I’m not privileged enough to do that. I have my own issues that I am dedicated to, fueled by a life of experiences. Issues that have struck me such as drug addiction in my family, poverty and having a single mother due to the unjust incarceration of my father, have also struck hundreds of thousands of Americans of every race and ethnicity. In my opinion people should fight for things they truly believe in and I don’t think the three career activist are doing that. It’s not a grass roots movement. They were looking for a cause to attach themselves to and Trayvon Martin sadly gave them one.

It sounds like you personally are doing things to help your community and I respect and commend that. I think you should keep doing wha you’re doing because people like you are doing it for the right reasons.

No you said formed BY a Mom. Im sure it’s tough to be wrong especially in an argument with a whitey. But sadly this INDIVIDUAL white person is at least more resourceful, and probably smarter, than you (also an individual). Not sure where you think you get off speaking for the whole black community from behind your computer screen. But back to the point.

These are three activist that were heavily involved in the white owned media before Trayvon wasn’t even known to anyone. They took his cause and exploited it for their own gain. Two of them were trans activist until they found this cause to hop aboard and ride to fame. They exploited that poor kids death for their personal gain. That’s the sad truth of the matter chief.

I know I’m not credible. But do a little research pretending I am. Try to prove anything I’ve said wrong. Might change your world.

Also maybe come down to hood rub some elbows fella. Doesn’t matter which one I’m sure you got family somewhere. Get some of their opinions before you go speaking for a ridiculously large and diverse group of people all by yourself.
Yes I did say formed by a mom. Without her it would have never been formed. Its not tough to be wrong or right with a whitey. Its not like whiteys are relevant to me. I highly doubt you could possibly be smarter or more resourceful than me. Youre white. I get off speaking for the whole Black community because I'm Black and youre not.

I agree you are not credible. I dont have to do any research. The people involved are all known to me via family. See what happens when white boys such as yourself run off at the mouth and dont know what they are talking about? :laugh:

Yes I did say formed by a mom. Without her it would have never been formed. Its not tough to be wrong or right with a whitey. Its not like whiteys are relevant to me. I highly doubt you could possibly be smarter or more resourceful than me. Youre white. I get off speaking for the whole Black community because I'm Black and youre not.

I agree you are not credible. I dont have to do any research. The people involved are all known to me via family. See what happens when white boys such as yourself run off at the mouth and dont know what they are talking about? :laugh:

Aw man not you again. You’re stupid, go somewhere else some of us are trying to have meaningful conversation.

Aw man not you again. You’re stupid, go somewhere else some of us are trying to have meaningful conversation.
Says the white clown. Let me know when youre prepared to make me go somewhere else.

Says the white clown. Let me know when youre prepared to make me go somewhere else.

Yeah let me just use my super powers to get to you over the computer. Stop being a hardo. You’re a loser man. It’s been personal attacks from the beginning with you. That’s not what this message board is about it’s about sharing ideas and debating.

Your way of conversation is much more fun in person.

Yeah let me just use my super powers to get to you over the computer. Stop being a hardo. You’re a loser man. It’s been personal attacks from the beginning with you. That’s not what this message board is about it’s about sharing ideas and debating.

If you cant use your super powers why did you hide behind the internet and try to tell me to go somewhere as if you could enforce it?

I'm good with sharing ideas. Let me know when you conjure up a valid one. Your idea was full of shit therefore not really worth debating. If you were really as intelligent as you thought you were all you had to do is go read the mission statement of BLM to see what a crock of shit your "idea" was.
laugh.gif

If you cant use your super powers why did you hide behind the internet and try to tell me to go somewhere as if you could enforce it?

I'm good with sharing ideas. Let me know when you conjure up a valid one. Your idea was full of shit therefore not really worth debating. If you were really as intelligent as you thought you were all you had to do is go read the mission statement of BLM to see what a crock of shit your "idea" was.
laugh.gif

My guy, you clearly haven’t even been on the website. You didn’t even know who started the movement lol. My post is a clear response to both the mission statement and my opinion that these three women are career activist. They not only jumped causes but jumped whole communities just for the recognition.

Also I said go somewhere else not go somewhere or else. I don’t make threats on the internet nor in person. But I would be more than happy to chat with you if you’re ever down sp.

I truly hope you have a great day and whatever it is in your personal life that’s making you so angry gets easier.

Much love,

J.W

Forum List

Back