Black Civil Rights Struggle = Rights for Gays to Marry (huh?!?)

Actually the bible and the law are very in tune with each other when it comes to that, also-

You can kill to defend yourself.. in both places.

You can kill to protect someone else from imminent harm, in both places..

O yeah and "judge not, lest ye be judged" falls hand in hand with "innocent until proven guilty".. :lol:

Eh even thats debatable.. I think there were certain instances when Jesus wanted us to turn the other cheek, and certain instances when killing was acceptable, if in self defense or defense of the common good. Jesus may seem like a very black and white person, but I think that there is much gray area that is also seen by our Lord, some of which was spelled out to us, and some of which we have to ascertain on our own..

What I am trying to say about this, is that homosexuals openly admit to being homosexual. If they are guilty of a sin in God's eyes, and should be judged by him, then people should not wish them to have bad fortune or death, etc..
Also, homosexuality is not a crime. People should not be treated like criminals when no crime took place.

It just blows my mind how so many American Christians focus on homosexuality. The issue was so terribly crucially import to Jesus he never spoke on the matter. So how the hell did we get to the point today where some Christians act like homosexuality is the only issue mentioned in the New Testament? It almost looks like they believe forgiveness from God is based mainly on how many times they can lie about gays and you get promoted to higher levels of Heaven for every 100 times you say how much you hate gays. Lewis Black has a really funny short bit about it.

:clap2:

Well said!

Thanks for clarifying about the "judge not" part and it makes sense. What is the justification for claiming Jesus approved of violence as a response to violence? In Mt. 5 he listed several examples of when it would have normally okay to respond with violence but he rescinded it on each occasion. We also know neither he nor any of the earliest Christians responded with violence.

actually the bible and the law are very in tune with each other when it comes to that, also-

you can kill to defend yourself.. In both places.

You can kill to protect someone else from imminent harm, in both places..

O yeah and "judge not, lest ye be judged" falls hand in hand with "innocent until proven guilty".. :lol:

eh even thats debatable.. I think there were certain instances when jesus wanted us to turn the other cheek, and certain instances when killing was acceptable, if in self defense or defense of the common good. Jesus may seem like a very black and white person, but i think that there is much gray area that is also seen by our lord, some of which was spelled out to us, and some of which we have to ascertain on our own..

What i am trying to say about this, is that homosexuals openly admit to being homosexual. If they are guilty of a sin in god's eyes, and should be judged by him, then people should not wish them to have bad fortune or death, etc..
Also, homosexuality is not a crime. People should not be treated like criminals when no crime took place.

it just blows my mind how so many american christians focus on homosexuality. The issue was so terribly crucially import to jesus he never spoke on the matter. So how the hell did we get to the point today where some christians act like homosexuality is the only issue mentioned in the new testament? It almost looks like they believe forgiveness from god is based mainly on how many times they can lie about gays and you get promoted to higher levels of heaven for every 100 times you say how much you hate gays. Lewis black has a really funny short bit about it.

:clap2:

Well said!

The pro-gay marriage argument is failing miserably because the pro-gays still can't get around that slippery slope argument.

What slippery slope?

If you mean that it will lead to cultural downfall, that hasn't been proven.

If you mean it will eventually lead to hate speech laws and the like, that's stupid. You can easily have one without the other (also they deal with different aspects of law).

The pro-gay marriage argument is failing miserably because the pro-gays still can't get around that slippery slope argument.

What slippery slope?

If you mean it will eventually lead to hate speech laws and the like, that's stupid. You can easily have one without the other (also they deal with different aspects of law).

It was priceless how many times the homophobic crowd said MA allowed gay marriage because it is a Liberal state with no morals. Then when you showed them MA had the lowest divorce rate in the nation both before and after gay marriage they suddenly pretended to be blind and wouldn't be able to read that info.

What slippery slope?

No and a bunch of ad-hominems, the slippery slope is if gay marriage is allowed because no one should deny consenting adults, every kind of perverse has to be allowed if it involves consenting adults.

What slippery slope?

No and a bunch of ad-hominems, the slippery slope is if gay marriage is allowed because no one should deny consenting adults, every kind of perverse has to be allowed if it involves consenting adults.

Which would mean polyamory and ...nothing new.

We don't deny heteros marriage no matter what perverse fetish they are into. That has always been the case.

Which would mean polyamory and ...nothing new.

No, it would mean any kind of perverse and or odd type of "marriages" that consenting adults could think of would have to be legal, including incestuous marriages, polygamy, marriage to animals and so called "bisexuals" insisting on having the right to marry partners from both sexes.

We don't deny heteros marriage no matter what perverse fetish they are into. That has always been the case.

Heteros are denied marriages specific to them, how about all those polygamists men that want to have multiple wives, are they not heterosexuals?

Bass. You are trying to compare gay rights to black rights. The problem is that people now actually give a shit about the rights for gays because they are currently being discriminated against unlike black people. What suffering have you undertaken as a black man in your lifetime? You're probably what, maybe around 40 years old, sick and tired of your life, want to blame others on your own misfortunes, and basically hate the white folk because your ancestors(that's right ANCESTORS) were discriminated against. Get in the now man and stop trying to come up with some reason we should feel sorry for you. It's not going to happen. Life's a bitch and accept it or not. Just my thoughts. Good day.

Bass. You are trying to compare gay rights to black rights. The problem is that people now actually give a shit about the rights for gays because they are currently being discriminated against unlike black people. What suffering have you undertaken as a black man in your lifetime? You're probably what, maybe around 40 years old, sick and tired of your life, want to blame others on your own misfortunes, and basically hate the white folk because your ancestors(that's right ANCESTORS) were discriminated against. Get in the now man and stop trying to come up with some reason we should feel sorry for you. It's not going to happen. Life's a bitch and accept it or not. Just my thoughts. Good day.

Racism is not dead. There's even a study showing schools are just as segregated today as they were in 1965.

Racism is not dead. There's even a study showing schools are just as segregated today as they were in 1965.

Really. As segregated today as in 1965? You have a link or journal number from an accredited institution which shows how I can access the study. If not then this basically sounds like a bunch of brown stuff dribbling out of your mouth.

Non sequitor, unless you can prove the schools are forcefully segregated. It could be because the communities around them aren't particularly diverse

Non sequitor, unless you can prove the schools are forcefully segregated. It could be because the communities around them aren't particularly diverse

Huge false dilemma. Huge. Gigantic. The schools would not need to be forced by law or gunpoint into segregation to demonstrate the effects of racism. Contrary to what some believe, racism is not a black and white issue.

Really. As segregated today as in 1965? You have a link or journal number from an accredited institution which shows how I can access the study. If not then this basically sounds like a bunch of brown stuff dribbling out of your mouth.

Still Separate, Still Unequal: America's Educational Apartheid JONATHAN KOZOL / Harper's Magazine v.311, n.1864 1sep2005

Forum List

Back