Birth til Dearth?

BrianH

Mar 10, 2008
Texas
I heard about this type of program in France that pays working mothers to stay home to raise their children. I guess the idea is that it will raise well-rounded children who have plenty of family interaction. My question is, should this be something that should or could be implemented in the states? Is this a good idea or is there too many obstacles? Could this be something that could potentially take alot of government funding away from the traditional welfare system? If implemented, would this be something that would apply strictly to working mothers and not welfare recipients? I've thought about this type of program for a while now but just thought I'd get your ideas...At least generate a decent discussion.

They have to do that in France because the men are sissies and can't support their families. Come to think of it, there are a lot of men in the US like that, too.

welfare.jpg

They have to do that in France because the men are sissies and can't support their families. Come to think of it, there are a lot of men in the US like that, too.

welfare.jpg

Don't worry, I agree with you. My main concern is mainly about working class mothers. It would be nice for working class families to be able to afford to live while the mother can stay home and raise their child until they are of age to attend school. We're talkign 5 years of assistance. I would love for my wife to be able to stay home and watch our daughter, but it just isn't going to happen because we both have to work. Anyway, just a thought.

Forum List

Back