Birth Certificate? Screw that! Romney refuses to release his tax records

I don't know why anybody would go so far as to worry about his taxes. The man strapped his dog to the roof of his car for a 12 hour trip. The dog was so scared he got diarrhea. Nobody who makes stupid decisions like that should even be considered for the top job in the country.
:link:

Birth Certificate, college transcripts, term papers.....Republicans bitched about Obama not releasing them. Their top candidate refuses to release his tax returns

Mitt Romney Says He Won't Release His Tax Returns

Facing a wave of scrutiny over his lucrative career in private equity, Mitt Romney made it clear this week that he is not going to add fuel to the fire.
In an interview with MSNBC's Chuck Todd yesterday, Romney said he has no plans to release his tax returns if he is the Republican nominee. He stuck with that line on the campaign trail in New Hampshire today.
"I can tell you we follow the tax laws, and if there's an opportunity to save taxes, we like anybody else in this country will follow that opportunity," Romney said, according to the LA Times. "But we don't have any current plans to release tax returns, but never say never."
Although candidates are not legally required to release their tax returns, it has become common practice for both party's presidential nominees to do so. If Romney makes it to the general election and sticks by his decision, he would be the first post-Watergate candidate not to release his returns.
Romney's campaign team has clearly decided that the political risk of releasing the returns outweighs the potential problems of not doing so. No one knows for sure what the documents would say, but by the candidate's own admission, the bulk of Romney's retirement income from Bain has been from capital gains, which are subject to 15% tax rate.

That means that for the past 10 years, Romney has likely been paying a lower tax rate than most middle class voters. if this is the case, that information could be devastating to Romney's presidential bid.

But withholding the returns could also be problematic. So far, Romney's Republican opponents are holding their fire. But if a serious contender emerges to challenge Romney in the GOP race, the tax issue will be a tempting line of attack against the presumptive nominee.

If Romney sails through the convention as he plans, the Democrats aren't going to let this one go so easy. Within hours of Romney's comments today, the DNC had already launched a cheeky new microsite — whatmittpays.com.

why should this be "devastating".......? ...because dumbfuck liberals haven't a clue....?

a person who is retired (like Romney) and has investments for his retirement....and who manages to make a profit on his retirement investments.....pays a 15% capital gains tax like everybody else when he cashes in his investment....like when you sell some profitable stocks that you bought earlier for your retirement....

the reason for the lower tax rate on investments is to ENCOURAGE investments in the market because that is what fuels our country's economic engines....and a person takes a RISK when he invests....

comparing active income (i.e. JOB) tax rates with passive (i.e. like RETIREMENT) income tax rates is totally unfair.....but then libs were never known to play fair....and dumbfuck Koolaid drinkers will suck up any kind of lie....

Well......if that's it, Romney should have no problem releasing his tax form and explaining how fair it is that he only pays 15%......if he even pays that much

why don't YOU release your tax records for everybody to see......?

and how about every CONGRESSMAN too......?

what.....? you say you have a right to privacy......?

It begins in 1983 with a 36-year-old Mitt Romney carefully packing up his five sons and luggage into the family station wagon for a 12-hour trip from Boston to Ontario, where his parents had a cottage on Lake Huron. At the time, Romney was a successful young consultant with Bain & Co.

"As with most ventures in his life, he had left little to chance, mapping out the route and planning each stop. . . . Before beginning the drive, Mitt Romney put Seamus, the family's hulking Irish setter, in a dog carrier and attached it to the station wagon's roof rack."

Cruel? It's not presented that way in the story, which noted Romney built a special windshield for the carrier, "to make the ride more comfortable for the dog."

But Seamus must not have been all that comfortable, because he began to experience, um, gastric distress.

From the story:

As the oldest son, Tagg Romney commandeered the way-back of the wagon, keeping his eyes fixed out the rear window, where he glimpsed the first sign of trouble. "Dad!'' he yelled. "Gross!'' A brown liquid was dripping down the back window, payback from an Irish setter who'd been riding on the roof in the wind for hours.

As the rest of the boys joined in the howls of disgust, Romney coolly pulled off the highway and into a service station. There, he borrowed a hose, washed down Seamus and the car, then hopped back onto the highway. It was a tiny preview of a trait he would grow famous for in business: emotion-free crisis management.

As the story quickly made its way around the Internet, Romney loathers — and dog lovers — had a field day.

The liberal blog Wonkette said it showed Romney would be a great commander-in-chief for the notorious Iraq prison Abu Ghraib. David Kravitz of the liberal blog Blue Mass Group called it "nuts" and "classic Romney: it solves a problem efficiently, in a business-like manner, and with no regard whatsoever for the suffering that the solution may cause." Ingrid Newkirk of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals told Time's Ana Marie Cox that Romney was giving his children "a lesson in cruelty" and that dogs under extreme stress might lose control of their bowels. "That alone should have been sufficient indication that the dog was, basically, being tortured," she said.

PolitiFact: Mitt Romney and the dog on the car roof: Gail Collins' obsession - Tampa Bay Times

why should this be "devastating".......? ...because dumbfuck liberals haven't a clue....?

a person who is retired (like Romney) and has investments for his retirement....and who manages to make a profit on his retirement investments.....pays a 15% capital gains tax like everybody else when he cashes in his investment....like when you sell some profitable stocks that you bought earlier for your retirement....

the reason for the lower tax rate on investments is to ENCOURAGE investments in the market because that is what fuels our country's economic engines....and a person takes a RISK when he invests....

comparing active income (i.e. JOB) tax rates with passive (i.e. like RETIREMENT) income tax rates is totally unfair.....but then libs were never known to play fair....and dumbfuck Koolaid drinkers will suck up any kind of lie....

Well......if that's it, Romney should have no problem releasing his tax form and explaining how fair it is that he only pays 15%......if he even pays that much

why don't YOU release your tax records for everybody to see......?

and how about every CONGRESSMAN too......?

what.....? you say you have a right to privacy......?

EVERY candidate from both parties since Nixon have released their financial records........Does Romney have something to hide?

The voters will surely think so

It begins in 1983 with a 36-year-old Mitt Romney carefully packing up his five sons and luggage into the family station wagon for a 12-hour trip from Boston to Ontario, where his parents had a cottage on Lake Huron. At the time, Romney was a successful young consultant with Bain & Co.

"As with most ventures in his life, he had left little to chance, mapping out the route and planning each stop. . . . Before beginning the drive, Mitt Romney put Seamus, the family's hulking Irish setter, in a dog carrier and attached it to the station wagon's roof rack."

Cruel? It's not presented that way in the story, which noted Romney built a special windshield for the carrier, "to make the ride more comfortable for the dog."

But Seamus must not have been all that comfortable, because he began to experience, um, gastric distress.

From the story:

As the oldest son, Tagg Romney commandeered the way-back of the wagon, keeping his eyes fixed out the rear window, where he glimpsed the first sign of trouble. "Dad!'' he yelled. "Gross!'' A brown liquid was dripping down the back window, payback from an Irish setter who'd been riding on the roof in the wind for hours.

As the rest of the boys joined in the howls of disgust, Romney coolly pulled off the highway and into a service station. There, he borrowed a hose, washed down Seamus and the car, then hopped back onto the highway. It was a tiny preview of a trait he would grow famous for in business: emotion-free crisis management.

As the story quickly made its way around the Internet, Romney loathers — and dog lovers — had a field day.

The liberal blog Wonkette said it showed Romney would be a great commander-in-chief for the notorious Iraq prison Abu Ghraib. David Kravitz of the liberal blog Blue Mass Group called it "nuts" and "classic Romney: it solves a problem efficiently, in a business-like manner, and with no regard whatsoever for the suffering that the solution may cause." Ingrid Newkirk of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals told Time's Ana Marie Cox that Romney was giving his children "a lesson in cruelty" and that dogs under extreme stress might lose control of their bowels. "That alone should have been sufficient indication that the dog was, basically, being tortured," she said.

PolitiFact: Mitt Romney and the dog on the car roof: Gail Collins' obsession - Tampa Bay Times
Disgusting. What a cretin.

From the story:

Reminds me of National Lampoons Vacation

Was Romney driving a Family Truckster?

And remember this story is from 2007!
The incident: dog excrement found on the roof and windows of the Romney station wagon. How it got there: Romney strapped a dog carrier — with the family dog Seamus, an Irish Setter, in it — to the roof of the family station wagon for a twelve hour drive from Boston to Ontario, which the family apparently completed, despite Seamus's rather visceral protest.
Massachusetts's animal cruelty laws specifically prohibit anyone from carrying an animal "in or upon a vehicle, or otherwise, in an unnecessarily cruel or inhuman manner or in a way and manner which might endanger the animal carried thereon." An officer for the Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals responded to a description of the situation saying "it's definitely something I'd want to check out." The officer, Nadia Branca, declined to give a definitive opinion on whether Romney broke the law but did note that it's against state law to have a dog in an open bed of a pick-up truck, and "if the dog was being carried in a way that endangers it, that would be illegal." And while it appears that the statute of limitations has probably passed, Stacey Wolf, attorney and legislative director for the ASPCA, said "even if it turns out to not be against the law at the time, in the district, we'd hope that people would use common sense...Any manner of transporting a dog that places the animal in serious danger is something that we'd think is inappropriate...I can't speak to the accuracy of the case, but it raises concerns about the judgment used in this particular situation."

Read more: Romney's Cruel Canine Vacation - TIME

The dog story is pretty fucked up. I mean, I wasn't going to vote for Romney anyway, so it doesn't change my opinion of him really, but as a pet owner, that's just fucked up.

Really fucked up.

What's the big deal, Willard? We already know you got obscenely rich from shipping jobs overseas...

because we have one of the HIGHEST CORPORATE RATES IN THE WORLD.....dumbass....

NO they aren't.

Bruce Bartlett: Are Taxes in the U.S. High or Low? - NYTimes.com

yes they are.......you picked an article that has twisted the rate as a %GED....read this article if you want to see a complete list of corporate rates by country.....

The U.S. has one of the highest corporate tax rates in the world. Only Brazil, Uzbekistan, Chad and Argentina have higher corporate tax rates than the U.S. According to a research study by the Cato Institute, the effective U.S. corporate tax on new investment was 34.6% in 2010. This was higher than the average OECD rate of 18.6% and the average rate for 83 countries at 17.7% as shown in the chart below:

saupload_us_oecd_effective_corp_tax_rate.png

The table below lists the corporate tax rates on new investments by country:

The authors of the report propose that the current U.S. corporate tax rate must be reduced by at least 10% or even higher in order to be in-line with the OECD average. A new academic study suggests that reducing corporate tax rates in high-rate countries will not cause significant revenue losses. In addition, lower tax rates will encourage U.S. companies to repatriate their profits stashed abroad and subsequently will lead to higher tax revenue collection for the government and stimulate more investment.

In conclusion, the authors suggest that the goal of tax reforms should be to make the U.S. corporate tax rate competitive relative to other countries. Hence a sharp reduction in the federal corporate tax rate of 10% of more would generate higher economic growth and ultimately more jobs and income.

High U.S. Corporate Tax Rate a Barrier to Economic Growth? - Seeking Alpha

The dog story is pretty fucked up. I mean, I wasn't going to vote for Romney anyway, so it doesn't change my opinion of him really, but as a pet owner, that's just fucked up.

Really fucked up.

Romney strapped the American worker to the roof of his car and shipped their jobs overseas.

Really fucked up.

not what i'd do but....the article said he put up a protective wind barrier...how is what he did all that different from people putting a pet carrier in the back of a pickup....?

Really fucked up.

Romney strapped the American worker to the roof of his car and shipped their jobs overseas.

well why don't you start and run a company and ship the jobs back......? :eusa_whistle:

Really fucked up.

not what i'd do but....the article said he put up a protective wind barrier...how is what he did all that different from people putting a pet carrier in the back of a pickup....?
C'mon, don't make excuses. Would you do that to your dog? I sure as hell wouldn't do it to mine.

A pet carrier in the back of the truck isn't exposed to +70 MPH winds.

Really fucked up.

well why don't you start and run a company and ship the jobs back......? :eusa_whistle:

Why don't you vote Democratic and we will.

Really fucked up.

Well for one thing, it scared the dog <what's the opposite of shitless?>

Forum List

Back