Billy Graham has died at 99

"my home is in heaven. i'm just passing through this world" - Billy Graham
He was wrong. We were promised the earth.
Christ and the Father are moving HERE.
That is true. The meek have inherited the earth; the persecuted the kingdom of God.

But resurrection is a promise not only to the nation's but also to the individual.

I'm not convinced that Graham understood the inheritance he received while alive, but one thing is sure: he just passed through.
He will live again, but right now he's just sleeping in the grave awaiting the ressurrection of the dead, along with the rest of humanity.

#122 seems indignant of the Left. Indeed, there is proof at that post, that the left is being defined incorrectly. We define it as movement first. The reason we do that is here:

'Whilst religion, dare I say it, straightjackets subjectivity in the open air, psychoanalysis gets rid of the ballast of statements in order to concentrate its efforts on remodeling enunciation.'
(Guattari, Schizoanalytic Cartographies, p. 43)

Psychoanalysis is much more dangerous than religion, except perhaps when it comes to food, clothing and shelter. Your shrink, after all those visits, will likely still not invite you over for a drink. 666 kuklos exothen.

'It's like theology: everything about it is rational if you accept sin, immaculate conception,incarnation. Reason is always a region cut out of the irrational -- not sheltered from the irrational at all, but a region traversed by the irrational and defined only by as certain type of relation between irrational factors. Underneath all reason lies delirium, drift.'
(Deleuze, Capitalism: A Very Special Delirium)

#117: So Nixon's and Graham's agreement on the concept "stranglehold" aligns with Guattari's "straightjacket." Precious.

#105: "insult christians"....Rushdie has already informed egotism about language, as when 11500 years ago xians were accused of atheism and got a taste of their own 666 kuklos exothen medicine.

#115: Yes, Rosa de Lima was just as nuts sleeping on a bed of thorns each night (Graziano, Divine Violence: Spectacle, Psychosexuality and Radical Christianity in the Argentine 'Dirty War.')

#48 Thanks for the photo.

#81: Pyongyang, Jimmy Carter's connection via 'secret' telephone (because god is also one million rock-hard and trained Korean soldiers), and German influence is not far away in that city: the Goethe Reading Room.

# 91 Thanks for Samaritan's Purse reference. There will be more to say about the Law before the Good Samaritan.

#124: It's not need, it's a way of life to protect ourselves from grammatical "mistakes" in the U.S. Constitution, or wherever it is that the term "freedom of religion" has been assumed.

he was not annoying------relative to some other television preachers-----
NON THREATENING-----NON OBNOXIOUS

Nixon And Billy Graham
Anti-Semitism Caught On Tape

Nixon And Billy Graham Anti-Semitism Caught On Tape
Rev. Billy Graham openly voiced a belief that Jews control the American media, calling it a "stranglehold" during a 1972 conversation with President Richard Nixon, according to a tape of the Oval Office meeting released Thursday by the National Archives.

"This stranglehold has got to be broken or the country's going down the drain," the nation's best-known preacher declared as he agreed with a stream of bigoted Nixon comments about Jews and their perceived influence in American life.

"You believe that?" Nixon says after the "stranglehold" comment.

"Yes, sir," Graham says.

"Oh, boy," replies Nixon. "So do I. I can't ever say that but I believe it."

"No, but if you get elected a second time, then we might be able to do something," Graham replies.
[/QUOTE

SHEEEEESH----may they both drop dead

Billy Graham once said: “Someday you will read or hear that Billy Graham is dead. Don’t you believe a word of it. I shall be more alive than I am now. I will just have changed my address. I will have gone into the presence of God.”

“Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me … I go to prepare a place for you … I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also” (John 14:1-3).

“Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me … I go to prepare a place for you … I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also” (John 14:1-3).

if only it were not JOHN

Now united forever with his wife
That is not what the bible says, it says you will have no mate in heaven.

Q:
I know you've probably been asked this before, but will we be reunited with our loved ones in Heaven? I sure hope so. I lost my wife to cancer last year, and about the only thing that keeps me going is the hope that we'll see each other again.

Billy Graham A:
Yes, I have every confidence that we will be reunited with our loved ones who have gone to Heaven before us. Heaven is a place of perfect happiness—and one of its greatest joys will be our reunion with those we love. God loves us, and He will not withhold that joy from us!

I think, for example, of King David in the Bible. When his infant son died, he felt his loss very deeply—and yet David was comforted by the fact that some day they would be reunited. When news came of the baby’s death, David declared, “Can I bring him back again? I will go to him” (2 Samuel 12:23).

I think too of the occasion when Jesus’ appearance was changed (or transfigured) and His heavenly glory shone through. We are told that Moses and Elijah also appeared—and they were recognized by the disciples who were with Jesus, proving that we will retain our individuality in Heaven (see Luke 9:28-36).

Take comfort in the truth that if you know Christ and are trusting Him for your salvation, some day you will be reunited with those who have gone to Heaven before you. But take comfort most of all in the fact that you will be with Christ, and you will share in Heaven’s glory. Is your faith and hope in Him? The Bible says, “We know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is” (1 John 3:2).
Thank you for proving Graham knows nothing about the bible, or he would have correctly answered with the parable of the wife of 7 brothers. It only appears in Matthew, Luke and Mark so it would have been easy for him to miss it.

Matthew 22: 23 That same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to him with a question. 24 “Teacher,” they said, “Moses told us that if a man dies without having children, his brother must marry the widow and have children for him. 25 Now there were seven brothers among us. The first one married and died, and since he had no children, he left his wife to his brother. 26 The same thing happened to the second and third brother, right on down to the seventh. 27 Finally, the woman died. 28 Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?” 29 Jesus replied, “You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. 30 At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.
Graham forgot more of scrpture than you'll ever know about it.

Q:
I know you've probably been asked this before, but will we be reunited with our loved ones in Heaven? I sure hope so. I lost my wife to cancer last year, and about the only thing that keeps me going is the hope that we'll see each other again.

Billy Graham A:
Yes, I have every confidence that we will be reunited with our loved ones who have gone to Heaven before us. Heaven is a place of perfect happiness—and one of its greatest joys will be our reunion with those we love. God loves us, and He will not withhold that joy from us!

I think, for example, of King David in the Bible. When his infant son died, he felt his loss very deeply—and yet David was comforted by the fact that some day they would be reunited. When news came of the baby’s death, David declared, “Can I bring him back again? I will go to him” (2 Samuel 12:23).

I think too of the occasion when Jesus’ appearance was changed (or transfigured) and His heavenly glory shone through. We are told that Moses and Elijah also appeared—and they were recognized by the disciples who were with Jesus, proving that we will retain our individuality in Heaven (see Luke 9:28-36).

Take comfort in the truth that if you know Christ and are trusting Him for your salvation, some day you will be reunited with those who have gone to Heaven before you. But take comfort most of all in the fact that you will be with Christ, and you will share in Heaven’s glory. Is your faith and hope in Him? The Bible says, “We know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is” (1 John 3:2).
Thank you for proving Graham knows nothing about the bible, or he would have correctly answered with the parable of the wife of 7 brothers. It only appears in Matthew, Luke and Mark so it would have been easy for him to miss it.

Matthew 22: 23 That same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to him with a question. 24 “Teacher,” they said, “Moses told us that if a man dies without having children, his brother must marry the widow and have children for him. 25 Now there were seven brothers among us. The first one married and died, and since he had no children, he left his wife to his brother. 26 The same thing happened to the second and third brother, right on down to the seventh. 27 Finally, the woman died. 28 Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?” 29 Jesus replied, “You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. 30 At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.
Funny how the haters always think they are theologians.

Q:

Billy Graham A:

Obviously not, as I remembered the correct scripture that he couldn't. I have found that I know more scripture than all the televangelists put together.

"Melania and I join millions of people around the world in mourning the passing of Billy Graham. Our prayers are with his children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren and all who worked closely with Reverend Graham in his lifelong ministry.

Billy’s acceptance of Jesus Christ around his seventeenth birthday not only changed his life—it changed our country and the world. He was one of the towering figures of the last 100 years—an American hero whose life and leadership truly earned him the title “God’s Ambassador.”

Billy’s unshakeable belief in the power of God’s word to transform hearts gave hope to all who listened to his simple message: “God loves you.” He carried this message around the world through his crusades, bringing entire generations to faith in Jesus Christ.

In the wake of the September 11th attacks in 2001, America turned to Billy Graham at the National Cathedral, who told us, “God can be trusted, even when life seems at its darkest.”

Reverend Graham would be the first to say that he did not do it alone. Before her passing, his wife Ruth was by his side through it all—a true partner, a wonderful mother, and a fellow missionary soul. He also built an international team and institution that will continue to carry on Christ’s message.

Melania and I were privileged to get to know Reverend Graham and his extraordinary family over the last several years, and we are deeply grateful for their love and support.

Billy Graham was truly one of a kind. Christians and people of all faiths and backgrounds will miss him dearly. We are thinking of him today, finally at home in Heaven." - President Trump

Q:

Billy Graham A:

Obviously not, as I remembered the correct scripture that he couldn't. I have found that I know more scripture than all the televangelists put together.
~~~~~~~~~~~~ you are scary

"Reverend Graham was one of the greatest & most influential men in the Christian faith. Growing up, he was an icon I admired and respected. Rev. Graham will be dearly missed. My condolences are with his family during this difficult time." - Mike Pence

DWkjdIMXUAIcHXw.jpg

Q:

Billy Graham A:

Only to those possessed by demons.

Q:

Billy Graham A:

Only to those possessed by demons.

am I going to melt?

Forum List

Back