Bill of Rights

Discussion in 'US Constitution' started by vasuderatorrent, Jan 5, 2019.

1. TNHarley

TNHarley Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +65,392
    There isnt one. However there isnt a law that states citizens cant own one.
    The problem, which would make it inpossible to own is, the govt owns all fissile materials

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Porter Rockwell

Porter Rockwell VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,083
    I wish an easy answer existed. The Constitution gives the United States Supreme Court the power to interpret the Constitution. HOWEVER, what the United States Supreme Court did was to set itself above the other branches of government, declaring itself the final arbiter of what the law is. That was unconstitutional. We, the people, are the de jure arbiters of what the law is.

Then the High Court began reinterpreting their own decisions. So, while the earliest court decisions interpreted the Constitution consistent with the intent of the founding fathers, the United States Supreme Court strays to the left with each subsequent reinterpretation. Today, on many issues, especially the Second Amendment, the United States Supreme Court has changed the law 180 degrees opposite of what the founders intended.

REGARDLESS of how the courts rule or what statutes change, the real key is to know what your unalienable Rights are and to never surrender or compromise them. It should not matter what kind of government the masses put into place. Unalienable Rights are non-negotiable.

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. Blues Man

Blues Man Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,397
    So you speak for all Americans

What if Americans believed in slavery again?

Segregation?

One of the major reasons of legal protection of rights is so the mob can't take them away

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. whoisit

whoisit VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +411

I agree it DOES allow for us to be as armed as the government but in this salad bowl of fruits and nuts it is scary to even think of some loose nut with a nuke. :ack-1::banana2::blowup:

5. whoisit

whoisit VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +411
    Ruling from the bench is par for the course now. Our judges have turned into dictators. They no longer use constitutional law.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. anynameyouwish

anynameyouwish Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,812
    "I think all Americans agree that you shouldn't own nuclear weapons, cops should capture drunk drivers and people should answer cops questions"

Go ahead and tell any conservative that he can't have a nuclear bomb and he will pull out his copy of the constitution and DEMAND that you show him WHERE in the constitution it says that!

When it comes to rights and the constitution cons operate from 2 directions;

if they want to do something and the law says "no" they will say "where in the constitution does it say that I can NOT do that"

but when a sane and rational person wants to do something and a con is opposed to it he will say "where in the constitution does it say you CAN do that?"....

see the diff?

they can do what ever they want to because the constitution does NOT forbid it!

everyone else can't do what they want because the constitution doesn't ALLOW it!

pretty clever of them.....

tobacco and pot might be good examples;

they can smoke tobacco because the constitution doesn't say they can't.
    you can't smoke pot because the constitution doesn't say you can.

7. M14 Shooter

M14 Shooter The Light of Truth

Thanks Received:
    Where I can see you, but you can't see me
    Ratings:
    +7,435
    This is a statement of ignorance or dishonesty - the number of conservatives that think this approaches statistical zero.
    Another absurd and unsupportable proposition.
    This is a perfectly reasonable question. You disagree?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. whoisit

whoisit VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +411
    I'm sure no same person would want a nuke but the intentions at the time was to have a citizenry strong enough to stop the government from abusing their powers over the people.
    At the time guess they didn't realize just how dangerous weapons could become .

9. Porter Rockwell

Porter Rockwell VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,083
    They should be. Clear cut violation of the Constitution since a fishing expedition without probable cause is not reasonable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. vasuderatorrent

vasuderatorrent VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,060
    Lots of organizations own nukes. They have only been used twice. I am not sure why that is. Nobody uses them. I am not complaining. I just think a product that has only been used twice would normally become obsolete but they keep making those things. I don' think a loose nut with a nuke is a threat. It does seems scary but history tells me that isn't a concern.