Bill Nye the stupid guy

Ha ha, listen to Bill Nye the stupid guys opening statement, he said 2 degrees Fahrenheit = 1.2 Celsius, it's not, everyone knows its 1.8

You're not helping the Skeptical cause by making false criticisms.

Own up to your confusion, and move on.

Convert degree Fahrenheit to degree Celsius - Conversion of Measurement Units

How many degree Fahrenheit in 1 degree Celsius? The answer is 1.8. We assume you are converting between degree Fahrenheit anddegree Celsius. You can view more details on each measurement unit: degree Fahrenheit ordegree Celsius The SI base unit for temperatureis the kelvin. 1 kelvin is equal to 1.8 degree Fahrenheit, or 1 degree Celsius. Note that rounding errors may occur, so always check the results. Use this page to learn how to convert between degrees Fahrenheit and degrees Celsius. Type in your own numbers in the form to convert the units!

I wouldn't point it out except it makes you look stupid, and hurts the Skeptical case.

A degree Celsius is roughly two degrees Fahrenheit. Remember that for the next time you convert from one scale to the other.

Sorry, I see you picked up on that. Carry on.

Ha ha, listen to Bill Nye the stupid guys opening statement, he said 2 degrees Fahrenheit = 1.2 Celsius, it's not, everyone knows its 1.8

How many degree Fahrenheit in 1 degree Celsius? The answer is 1.8. We assume you are converting between degree Fahrenheit anddegree Celsius. You can view more details on each measurement unit: degree Fahrenheit ordegree Celsius The SI base unit for temperatureis the kelvin. 1 kelvin is equal to 1.8 degree Fahrenheit, or 1 degree Celsius. Note that rounding errors may occur, so always check the results. Use this page to learn how to convert between degrees Fahrenheit and degrees Celsius. Type in your own numbers in the form to convert the units!

How many degree Fahrenheit in 1 degree Celsius? The answer is 1.8

How many degree Celsius in 1 degree Fahrenheit? The answer is 0.55

Ahh fuck I need my hearing checked thought he said 2 degrees Celsius
So that would of been 3.6 not even 1.8

He said 2 degrees Farenheit.

Ha ha, listen to Bill Nye the stupid guys opening statement, he said 2 degrees Fahrenheit = 1.2 Celsius, it's not everyone knows its 1.8

--LOL

he is a libtard

he is only spouting what he told to spout

I wonder how many people caught it? I wonder now if he does read a script becsuse I caught the error the second I heard it.

of course he reads a script

that is what good leftists do

wonder how many leftards will argue with you

that he is correct

--LOL

I wouldn't point it out except it makes you look stupid, and hurts the Skeptical case.

A degree Celsius is roughly two degrees Fahrenheit. Remember that for the next time you convert from one scale to the other.

Screw you roughly? What does roughly mean it's 1.8

A change of 1 degree Celsius equals a change of 9/5 = 1.8 degrees Fahrenheit
So a change of 2 degrees F would be slightly more than 1 degree C. 1 degree C + 5/9 of .2 degree F.
You, being a typical Trumpist, have it backwards. 1F = 5/9 C therefore 2F =10/9 C
Further proof that the Right can't do simple arithmetic.

No I thought I heard celcius, I am so used to using meteric ..

And bite me I didn't crash a 125 million dollar Mars probe...

Who cares what some self appointed "science guy" has to say. The Fahrenheit temperature scale is the most un- scientific measurement unit created by somebody who had no idea what he was doing when he specified 0 deg F.
It`s as "scientific" as using twitching frog legs instead of a VOM and is indicative what kind of a "science guy" this idiot is.
Anyone who likes to exaggerate warming would of course prefer this medieval temperature scale because they can boast larger ΔT numbers than with degC or K which is the unit used in the physics laws and the data collection and processing.

Hahahaha. I wish Canada had switched over to Celcius 10 years earlier. Then old-timers like us wouldn't be still be translating C to F and back again depending on the circumstances. Or did you grow up with Celcius?
I am not from Canada I just live here and yes where I grew up (Germany) nothing but the metric system has been and is used. Canada switched over to metric way back when Pierre Elliot Trudeau was the PM..which was one of the first things he changed. The only ones complaining about it were the farmers.
But even before that much of Canada used the metric system. I can`t imagine a Lab like Ayerst Research (in Montreal PQ)where I started working when I got here weighing in reagents in pounds and ounces, taking a melting point in F or noting spectral data in inches.

Last edited:

Wow! You made a stupid error. Then didn't immediately catch on when it was pointed out. And now you're prickly about being precise.

I grew up old school, with log tables and slide rules. You had to know the rough result and the number of sig figs before you calculated the final answer.

You came up with a nonsensical answer and even gave a website that you said confirmed your mistake. Knowing C was twice as large as F would have stopped you from making the mistake. Sorry if my giving you a landmark to base your estimates pisses you off.

Who cares what some self appointed "science guy" has to say. The Fahrenheit temperature scale is the most un- scientific measurement unit created by somebody who had no idea what he was doing when he specified 0 deg F.
It`s as "scientific" as using twitching frog legs instead of a VOM and is indicative what kind of a "science guy" this idiot is.
Anyone who likes to exaggerate warming would of course prefer this medieval temperature scale because they can boast larger ΔT numbers than with degC or K which is the unit used in the physics laws and the data collection and processing.

Hahahaha. I wish Canada had switched over to Celcius 10 years earlier. Then old-timers like us wouldn't be still be translating C to F and back again depending on the circumstances. Or did you grow up with Celcius?
I am not from Canada I just live here and yes where I grew up (Germany) nothing but the metric system has been and is used. Canada switched over to metric way back when Pierre Elliot Trudeau was the PM..which was one of the first things he changed. The only ones complaining about it were the farmers.
But even before that much of Canada used the metric system. I can`t imagine a Lab like Ayerst Research (in Montreal PQ)where I started working when I got here weighing in reagents in pounds and ounces, taking a melting point in F or noting spectral data in inches.

Science has always been done in metric but air temperature has more meaning to me in Farenheit because that is what I heard as a boy.

How many degree Fahrenheit in 1 degree Celsius? The answer is 1.8

How many degree Celsius in 1 degree Fahrenheit? The answer is 0.55

Ahh fuck I need my hearing checked thought he said 2 degrees Celsius
So that would of been 3.6 not even 1.8

Did you see your mistake?

You are truly a man to admit that you were wrong. That takes balls. Especially when you were the OP of this thread. Your balls sway low.

Wow! You made a stupid error. Then didn't immediately catch on when it was pointed out. And now you're prickly about being precise.

I grew up old school, with log tables and slide rules. You had to know the rough result and the number of sig figs before you calculated the final answer.

You came up with a nonsensical answer and even gave a website that you said confirmed your mistake. Knowing C was twice as large as F would have stopped you from making the mistake. Sorry if my giving you a landmark to base your estimates pisses you off.

It doesn't piss me off 1.8 has been drilled into my mind just like 14kg , 25.4 , 1.069 , 28.34....

again I thought he said celicus..what kind of scientist would use Fahrenheit?

You piss off again I never destroyed a 100 million dollar Mars lander now did I?

Science has always been done in metric but air temperature has more meaning to me in Farenheit because that is what I heard as a boy.
Aha that`s the way it goes if that was part of the up bringing. I can`t relate to Fahrenheit all these different gallons for volume, like US or imperial and find the length or distance measurements especially screwy and inconvenient. In metric it`s a snap because it`s all based on the decade system. You get to appreciate that if you have to do some high precision work like with machine tools. With the metric system it`s no problem to figure out the diameter for a part you want to thread but with the imperial system even seasoned machinists have to use a chart which number drill to use. The "gauge" system for wires or sheet metal thickness is just as screwy as the thread sizes. I had to come here to discover how much easier I had it where I was schooled.

Dude! YOU wrote it. No one KNOWS 2F equals 1.8C

A simple mistake, get over it.

Your the one who is concentrating on it not me, I argue multiple threads , in multiple political forums at the same time, you get over it

Your the one who is concentrating on it not me, I argue multiple threads , in multiple political forums at the same time, you get over it

What do you think I stay on one thread..wishing and hoping someone would post on it so I can argue with them?

This is not me ...

Why yes, you do. And are equally wrong in most of them. LOL

When I was in grade school, there were still definitions of pecks, bushels, drams, furlongs, and other esoteric measurement systems. Metric is so much easier.

Ha ha, listen to Bill Nye the stupid guys opening statement, he said 2 degrees Fahrenheit = 1.2 Celsius, it's not everyone knows its 1.8

--LOL

he is a libtard

he is only spouting what he told to spout

I wonder how many people caught it? I wonder now if he does read a script becsuse I caught the error the second I heard it.

If you listen closely to anything that idiot says you will find agenda and not a lick of science.. EVERYTHING this moron does is agenda driven.

Forum List

Back