Bill Nye: Creationism Is 'Raising A Generation Of Young People Who Can't Think'

Although I won't live to see it - eventually religious psycho babble will disappear from the planet.
well its been here for thousands of years....billions of people still practice it.....how much longer you figure?....couple thousand more years?.....

Well it's clear that this is nothing more than a troll thread, not an intellectual discussion. If you don't believe in God, fine, but why constantly try to act like you are interested in anything other than belittling those with whom you disagree?

What is your NaziCon definition of a "troll thread"? Any thread you disagree with...?
your definition of a "nazicon" is anyone who has the gall and audacity to disagree with you.....are you any more intelligent?.....

Although I won't live to see it - eventually religious psycho babble will disappear from the planet.
well its been here for thousands of years....billions of people still practice it.....how much longer you figure?....couple thousand more years?.....

Yup. Creationism was embraced by Adam and Eve, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, David, Jesus, the 12 Apostles, and millions upon millions of folks for more than 2000 years since Christ. It simply makes more sense to believe that design (the earth, universe, living cells, eyeballs, etc.) was designed by a Designer than to believe that one day there was nothing then **poof** there was everything as a result of one, big, chaotic mistake.

Bill Nye is a moron

If true, you must still be a tadpole.

Walk me through the thought process of "Evolution"

Tell me how molecules created life.

NoFossils.jpg

The biggest bonehead of all is in the top, center of your picture ... the one with the beard.

Bill Nye is a moron

And while he's at it ... perhaps he can explain how life just **poof** evolved from non-living matter. Maybe he knows where space came from. Maybe he can where energy originated from. Whatever his answers may be ... it'll be pure speculation, conjecture, and hypothesis.

Yup. Creationism was embraced by Adam and Eve, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, David, Jesus, the 12 Apostles, and millions upon millions of folks for more than 2000 years since Christ. It simply makes more sense to believe that design (the earth, universe, living cells, eyeballs, etc.) was designed by a Designer than to believe that one day there was nothing then **poof** there was everything as a result of one, big, chaotic mistake.
Um, sorry. The planet is far older than 6,000 years. The A&E fable is just that: a fable. Hinduism is much older than the jeebus myth and is practiced by millions and millions of people. Therefore, by your "standards", you have the wrong three gawds. And lastly, only a simpleton would believe it simply makes more sense to believe in magic and supernaturalism vs. a reality based worldview.

Do yourself a favor and spend a bit less time at the ICR madrassah.

what difference what people "believe" as long as they are good, moral human beings?

I have never really paid much attention to Bill Nye the Science guy but I now find him to be jerk

The biggest danger creationism plays, according to Bill Nye the "Science Guy," is that it is raising a generation of children who "can't think" and who "will not be able to participate in the future in same way" as those who are taught evolution.

Speaking on MidPoint, Nye said he blames an older generation of evangelicals "who have very strong conservative views" and who are "reluctant to let kids learn about evolution." Their presence on school boards leads to debates over curriculum, Nye argued, which further inhibits schools' ability to teach facts.

"Religion is one thing. People get tremendous comfort and community with their religions," Nye said. "But whatever you believe, whatever deity or higher power you might believe in, the Earth is not 6,000 years old."

"They will not have this fundamental idea that you can question things, that you can think critically, that you can use skeptical thought to learn about nature," Nye told MidPoint. "These children have to suppress everything that they can see in nature to try to get a world view that's compatible with the adults in who they trust and rely on for sustenance."

More: Bill Nye: Creationism Is 'Raising A Generation Of Young People Who Can't Think'

I totally agree with Bill Nye. Creationism zealots are raising a generation of young idiots. They should be ashamed.

Government run public schools is doing a far better job than any particular lesson plan.

Bill Nye is a moron

NoFossils.jpg

The biggest bonehead of all is in the top, center of your picture ... the one with the beard.
As opposed to a mythical Middle Eastern man who westerners have revised in their own image to an awkward, very Anglo looking fellow for the benefit of their tender sensibilities. Would the jeebus really have been a tall, blue-eyed guy with light brown hair?

Bill Nye. good grief

You ever see his commercials? You can get FREE GOVERNMENT MONEY come on get yours. as he dresses like a dork, because he is one

screw him. He's a paid government stooge and that was disgusting what he said
thats a different guy Steph......you are thinking of matthew lesko.....

Steph at her best

but why do we have so many people here who can't think that reject creationism?........
Thinking humans reject ID'iot creationism for the fraud that it is.
Hollie, you have nothing in common with thinking humans.....how would you know what we reject?........
What I have in common with thinking humans is an understanding of the fraud that is ID'iot creationism.

What is unfortunate is the pattern of dishonest behavior from you YEC'ists and your inability to admit that ID'iot creationism is simply a front for fundamentalist christianity.

and then some idiot came along and said, I bet THIS monkey was the great grandfather of THAT monkey......it was priceless!..........

Unfortunately. You do typify the result of the ID'iot creationism / fundamentalist Christian cabal. I see this frequently. My suspicion is that you have been coached by religious entities who certainly have a vested interest in placating your desire to believe the religious tales and fables in lieu of hard facts.

Meaning, of course that the monkeys into human beings nonsense displays a fundamental lack of understanding. Man was never an ape or monkey. Man was never descended from an ape or monkey. Man and primates shared a common ancestor but branched off in separate directions. That’s not at all uncommon in evolutionary history, by the way, for species to diverge in different directions while sharing a common ancestry.

What a shame you have a need to display your ignorance on a public discussion board.

but why do we have so many people here who can't think that reject creationism?........
Thinking humans reject ID'iot creationism for the fraud that it is.
Hollie, you have nothing in common with thinking humans.....how would you know what we reject?........
What I have in common with thinking humans is an understanding of the fraud that is ID'iot creationism.

What is unfortunate is the pattern of dishonest behavior from you YEC'ists and your inability to admit that ID'iot creationism is simply a front for fundamentalist christianity.

who cares

Forum List

Back