Bill Nye: Creationism Is 'Raising A Generation Of Young People Who Can't Think'

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
The biggest danger creationism plays, according to Bill Nye the "Science Guy," is that it is raising a generation of children who "can't think" and who "will not be able to participate in the future in same way" as those who are taught evolution.

Speaking on MidPoint, Nye said he blames an older generation of evangelicals "who have very strong conservative views" and who are "reluctant to let kids learn about evolution." Their presence on school boards leads to debates over curriculum, Nye argued, which further inhibits schools' ability to teach facts.

"Religion is one thing. People get tremendous comfort and community with their religions," Nye said. "But whatever you believe, whatever deity or higher power you might believe in, the Earth is not 6,000 years old."

"They will not have this fundamental idea that you can question things, that you can think critically, that you can use skeptical thought to learn about nature," Nye told MidPoint. "These children have to suppress everything that they can see in nature to try to get a world view that's compatible with the adults in who they trust and rely on for sustenance."

More: Bill Nye: Creationism Is 'Raising A Generation Of Young People Who Can't Think'

I totally agree with Bill Nye. Creationism zealots are raising a generation of young idiots. They should be ashamed.

Bill Nye. good grief

You ever see his commercials? You can get FREE GOVERNMENT MONEY come on get yours. as he dresses like a dork, because he is one

screw him. He's a paid government stooge and that was disgusting what he said

The Federal Skeptic

The Native-American tribes of the early days of the New World practiced spiritualism towards forces of nature and animal spirits.

Today's cosmopolitan American celebrates capitalism-reflective risk-bravado pop culture avatars such as Green Arrow (the super-archer and crusader DC Comics character perhaps representing a social appreciation of Robin Hood folklore).

People seem naturally curious about magic and exuberance which are not always scientifically measurable.

I think it's when religious propaganda creates destructive 'holy wars' that people re-evaluate religion exuberance in terms of informal social cost-benefit ledgers.

:arrow:

Storm Marvel Comics - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

album.jpg

Bill Nye. good grief

You ever see his commercials? You can get FREE GOVERNMENT MONEY come on get yours. as he dresses like a dork, because he is one

Please give us some "credible" proof that Bill Nye ever did any commercials about getting FREE GOVERNMENT MONEY. Are you on drugs?

The biggest danger creationism plays, according to Bill Nye the "Science Guy," is that it is raising a generation of children who "can't think" and who "will not be able to participate in the future in same way" as those who are taught evolution.

Speaking on MidPoint, Nye said he blames an older generation of evangelicals "who have very strong conservative views" and who are "reluctant to let kids learn about evolution." Their presence on school boards leads to debates over curriculum, Nye argued, which further inhibits schools' ability to teach facts.

"Religion is one thing. People get tremendous comfort and community with their religions," Nye said. "But whatever you believe, whatever deity or higher power you might believe in, the Earth is not 6,000 years old."

"They will not have this fundamental idea that you can question things, that you can think critically, that you can use skeptical thought to learn about nature," Nye told MidPoint. "These children have to suppress everything that they can see in nature to try to get a world view that's compatible with the adults in who they trust and rely on for sustenance."

More: Bill Nye: Creationism Is 'Raising A Generation Of Young People Who Can't Think'

I totally agree with Bill Nye. Creationism zealots are raising a generation of young idiots. They should be ashamed.

I've been a "thinker" all of my life and I was raised on Creationism. I was a straight "A" student in math/algebra; spelling; and English throughout Jr. High and High School. Sorry but the OP is based on faulty logic.

Bill Nye. good grief

thats a different guy Steph......you are thinking of matthew lesko.....

I could've swore they were the same people?
No matter it was still disgusting what the guy said

Bill Nye. good grief

Please give us some "credible" proof that Bill Nye ever did any commercials about getting FREE GOVERNMENT MONEY. Are you on drugs?

She is most likely on drugs yes.

I've been a "thinker" all of my life and I was raised on Creationism. I was a straight "A" student in math/algebra; spelling; and English throughout Jr. High and High School. Sorry but the OP is based on faulty logic.

I don't care if you're a registered genius, because if you believe in Creationism - you're an idiot.

I don't care if you're a registered genius, because if you believe in Creationism - you're an idiot.

But Lakhota wouldn't it be awesome to believe in this?

convoy_surrounded.jpg

He's right, just look at the crappy students failing out of the Chicago Public School system.
Idiots who couldn't make change with a calculator in front of them. Wait, creationism isn't taught in Chicago.
What's Bill's explanation for these young idiots?

Hate to break it to you but creationism isn't a new thing although the OP suggests that it is. The previous generation, the one before that, and before that.....We've done fine up until the atheist communists took over the Democratic Party.

Hate to break it to you but creationism isn't a new thing although the OP suggests that it is. The previous generation, the one before that, and before that.....We've done fine up until the atheist communists took over the Democratic Party.

There are fewer Atheists in the Democratic Party than there are religious nuts in the Republican Party.

There are fewer Atheists in the Democratic Party than there are religious nuts in the Republican Party.
Why don't you give us the breakdown? Name the atheists and the religious nuts. And don't forget to include credible links.

Bill Nye. good grief

thats a different guy Steph......you are thinking of matthew lesko.....

At least she's thinking. lol, baby steps.

Is that necessarily causation though, or just correlation?

Forum List

Back