Bill Moyers speaks with former insurance insider/pr man

I stopped reading after this:

"So they don't want to compete against a more efficient competitor...."

The US Federal Government Cash for Clunkers 75,000 page Federal register is "a more efficient competitor"

LOL!

Yeah, can't wait for the "Cash for Kidneys" program.

How the fuck do Libruls dress themselves in the morning?

you should get your presidente to declare "National We Hate Insurance Companies" Week. I love watching you hate festers pick yer targets! It's so funny.. :lol::lol::lol:

The man makes a great point. The pundits on the radio talk about UHC rationing benefits, but what do you call private health insurance, rescinding coverage, cancelling plans, jacking up rates at renewal time in order to create a de facto cancellation and finally what do you call denying coverage because its considered "experimental!" Fun thing is that all the fears with public healthcare actually happen with private healthcare!

and you think it's going to be different when the government takes on health care for 350 million people and 1/2 of Mexico how? exactly?

Not sure, but I am keeping an open mind! I think the system is broken and I didn't see anything from the Republicans to fix it when they had Congress, Presidency and Supreme Court for 6 years. Now I will at least LISTEN to the other side!

oh,, and emma while yer at it explain to us ignorant folks who see congress readying themselves to cut 500 billion dollars from medicare, levying taxes to pay for their health care plan, signing it into law, and mandating what will be payed for and what will not, and appointing a Czar, which basically circumvents their oversight.. as "not running the health care system? It will be interesting to see this explanation. can you tell us that no drug will be denied, no matter what the age,, can you tell us that no treatment will be denied no matter what the age? can you tell us categorically that no treatment no medication, no therapy will ever be denied any citizen and that only the dr. and the patient will decide what is needed, when, and for how long?? canyahuh?

The man makes a great point. The pundits on the radio talk about UHC rationing benefits, but what do you call private health insurance, rescinding coverage, cancelling plans, jacking up rates at renewal time in order to create a de facto cancellation and finally what do you call denying coverage because its considered "experimental!" Fun thing is that all the fears with public healthcare actually happen with private healthcare!

and you think it's going to be different when the government takes on health care for 350 million people and 1/2 of Mexico how? exactly?

Not sure, but I am keeping an open mind! I think the system is broken and I didn't see anything from the Republicans to fix it when they had Congress, Presidency and Supreme Court for 6 years. Now I will at least LISTEN to the other side!

I'm listening too, not getting any answers though.

There supposedly were 47MM uninsured when the Clinton's tried to socialize medicine in 1993, and there are supposedly 35MM uninsured Americans and 12MM uninsured Mexicans today.

So, all in all we've made great progress WITHOUT the help of the US Gubbamint attempt to nationalize health care

oh,, and emma while yer at it explain to us ignorant folks who see congress readying themselves to cut 500 billion dollars from medicare, levying taxes to pay for their health care plan, signing it into law, and mandating what will be payed for and what will not, and appointing a Czar, which basically circumvents their oversight.. as "not running the health care system? It will be interesting to see this explanation. can you tell us that no drug will be denied, no matter what the age,, can you tell us that no treatment will be denied no matter what the age? can you tell us categorically that no treatment no medication, no therapy will ever be denied any citizen and that only the dr. and the patient will decide what is needed, when, and for how long?? canyahuh?

I'll be glad to discuss this with you once you decide to start from a point of reality.

I never once said that no one would ever be denied anything, ever. That's just ridiculous on its face. There are many reasons why certain procedures or treatments would be denied to those under a public plan. But it won't be to pad the pockets of insurance execs or to make their shareholders rich.

The US Federal Government Cash for Clunkers 75,000 page Federal register is "a more efficient competitor"

LOL!

I love how they parrot the talking points but don't really know their ass from a hole in the ground just like the one they adore doesn't seem to. he and all the congresscritters will sign this bill not having read it and the dumbocrats will back them to the hilt just like they did the stimulus,, instead of dragging a guy outta the wood work to testity about how evil the insurance companies are they should spen their time actually reading what they are going to vote for.

I'll be glad to discuss this with you once you decide to start from a point of reality.

I never once said that no one would ever be denied anything, ever. That's just ridiculous on its face. There are many reasons why certain procedures or treatments would be denied to those under a public plan. But it won't be to pad the pockets of insurance execs or to make their shareholders rich.

well, I asked you politely to tell me how it's going to work, so far you haven't. all you will do is tell me what it won't do..

dead is dead right?

did you even bother to read it willow....you should so you can educate yourself a bit...this man spent 15 years doing what he was told to do by his bosses and is finally speaking out against the industry.

listen to me LLD I honestly did not read it, and know what? I'm surprised you take as gospel what is written/said in today's political atmosphere. Hasn't it been proven to you that people sit and say stuff they think is "politically" correct. Scott McClellan comes to mind.. but hey,, when he testifies under oath, and passes a lie detector test I might give credence to his claims.. right now it just looks as if the left dug him out to "testify" after pop up Pelosi started braying about the evil insurance companies being the villain. dosen't it?

Willow has a "preexisting condition"...stupidity...

People like Willow will only have an epiphany when SHE is the one denied coverage...

you can explain to me how it will work? can't you?

LOL!

I love how they parrot the talking points but don't really know their ass from a hole in the ground just like the one they adore doesn't seem to. he and all the congresscritters will sign this bill not having read it and the dumbocrats will back them to the hilt just like they did the stimulus,, instead of dragging a guy outta the wood work to testity about how evil the insurance companies are they should spen their time actually reading what they are going to vote for.

just like those on the right parrot and puppet the talking points of the insurance industry and have for years?
BILL MOYERS: I have a memo, from Frank Luntz. I have a memo written by Frank Luntz. He's the Republican strategist who we discovered, in the spring, has written the script for opponents of health care reform. "First," he says, "you have to pretend to support it. Then use phrases like, "government takeover," "delayed care is denied care," "consequences of rationing," "bureaucrats, not doctors prescribing medicine." That was a memo, by Frank Luntz, to the opponents of health care reform in this debate. Now watch this clip.

REP. JOHN BOEHNER: The forthcoming plan from Democratic leaders will make health care more expensive, limit treatments, ration care, and put bureaucrats in charge of medical decisions rather than patients and doctors.

SEN. MITCH MCCONNELL: Americans need to realize that when someone says "government option," what could really occur is a government takeover that soon could lead to government bureaucrats denying and delaying care, and telling Americans what kind of care they can have.

SEN. JON KYL: Washington run healthcare would diminish Americans' access to quality care, leading to denials, shortages and long delays for treatment.

REP. JOE WILSON: How will a government run health plan not lead to the same rationing of care that we have seen in other countries?

REP. TOM PRICE: We don‘t want to put the government, we don't want to put bureaucrats between a doctor and a patient.

BILL MOYERS: Why do politicians puppet messages like that?

WENDELL POTTER: Well, they are ideologically aligned with the industry. They want to believe that the free market system can and should work in this country, like it does in other industries. So they don't understand from an insider's perspective like I have, what that actually means, and the consequences of that to Americans.

They parrot those comments, without really realizing what the real situation is.

I was watching MSNBC one afternoon. And I saw Congressman Zach Wamp from Tennessee. He's just down the road from where I grew up, in Chattanooga. And he was talking-- he was asked a question about health care reform. I think it was just a day or two after the president's first-- health care reform summit. And he was one of the ones Republicans put on the tube.

And he was saying that, you know, the health care problem is not necessarily as bad as we think. That of the uninsured people, half of them are that way because they want to "go naked."

REP. ZACH WAMP: Half the people that are uninsured today choose to remain uninsured. Half of them don't have any choice but half of them choose to, what's called, go naked, and just take the risk of getting sick. They end up in the emergency room costing you and me a whole lot more money.

WENDELL POTTER: He used the word naked. It's an industry term for those who, presumably, choose not to buy insurance, because they don't want to. They don't want to pay the premiums. So he was saying that half... Well, first of all, it's nothing like that. It was an absolutely ridiculous comment. But it's an example of a member of Congress buying what the insurance industry is peddling.

BILL MOYERS: Back in 1993, the Republican propagandist, William Kristol, urged his party to block any health care proposal, in order to prevent the Democrats from being seen as the quote, "generous protector of the middle class." But today, you've got some Democrats who are going along with the industry.

I love how they parrot the talking points but don't really know their ass from a hole in the ground
My irony meter just pegged out. :lol:

so are you or are you not going to tell me how this plan will work? who will be denied, why, at what age, and how much it will cost, and who will write the laws and oversee the industry? just basic facts please.

I love how they parrot the talking points but don't really know their ass from a hole in the ground
My irony meter just pegged out. :lol:

In the real world, if an insurance company is writing premium at a 20% profit, their competitors (Not the Gubbamint) will come in and offer the same policy at a lower price.

That's how it works in the real world.

Actually, most insurance companies write the policy on a breakeven basis and make their money on the float.

Are there any Libruls in the class who can tell us what "Float" is?

Last edited:

LOL!

just like those on the right parrot and puppet the talking points of the insurance industry and have for years?
BILL MOYERS: I have a memo, from Frank Luntz. I have a memo written by Frank Luntz. He's the Republican strategist who we discovered, in the spring, has written the script for opponents of health care reform. "First," he says, "you have to pretend to support it. Then use phrases like, "government takeover," "delayed care is denied care," "consequences of rationing," "bureaucrats, not doctors prescribing medicine." That was a memo, by Frank Luntz, to the opponents of health care reform in this debate. Now watch this clip.

REP. JOHN BOEHNER: The forthcoming plan from Democratic leaders will make health care more expensive, limit treatments, ration care, and put bureaucrats in charge of medical decisions rather than patients and doctors.

SEN. MITCH MCCONNELL: Americans need to realize that when someone says "government option," what could really occur is a government takeover that soon could lead to government bureaucrats denying and delaying care, and telling Americans what kind of care they can have.

SEN. JON KYL: Washington run healthcare would diminish Americans' access to quality care, leading to denials, shortages and long delays for treatment.

REP. JOE WILSON: How will a government run health plan not lead to the same rationing of care that we have seen in other countries?

REP. TOM PRICE: We don‘t want to put the government, we don't want to put bureaucrats between a doctor and a patient.

WENDELL POTTER: Well, they are ideologically aligned with the industry. They want to believe that the free market system can and should work in this country, like it does in other industries. So they don't understand from an insider's perspective like I have, what that actually means, and the consequences of that to Americans.

They parrot those comments, without really realizing what the real situation is.

I was watching MSNBC one afternoon. And I saw Congressman Zach Wamp from Tennessee. He's just down the road from where I grew up, in Chattanooga. And he was talking-- he was asked a question about health care reform. I think it was just a day or two after the president's first-- health care reform summit. And he was one of the ones Republicans put on the tube.

And he was saying that, you know, the health care problem is not necessarily as bad as we think. That of the uninsured people, half of them are that way because they want to "go naked."

REP. ZACH WAMP: Half the people that are uninsured today choose to remain uninsured. Half of them don't have any choice but half of them choose to, what's called, go naked, and just take the risk of getting sick. They end up in the emergency room costing you and me a whole lot more money.

WENDELL POTTER: He used the word naked. It's an industry term for those who, presumably, choose not to buy insurance, because they don't want to. They don't want to pay the premiums. So he was saying that half... Well, first of all, it's nothing like that. It was an absolutely ridiculous comment. But it's an example of a member of Congress buying what the insurance industry is peddling.

BILL MOYERS: Back in 1993, the Republican propagandist, William Kristol, urged his party to block any health care proposal, in order to prevent the Democrats from being seen as the quote, "generous protector of the middle class." But today, you've got some Democrats who are going along with the industry.

Let me know when you sign up for the "Cash For Kidneys" program.

again...typical rightie response..ignore facts, dont bother to read and continue to criticize based on conjecture and ignorant ASSumptions.

LOL!

so can you tell me why the Republicans are wrong and why? How is this plan of obama's going to work? Who will be denied, At what age? Who will be covered? Why did congress vote NO to the Heller amendment? Who will oversee and write the policies with this plan? Who is denied if the cut 500 billion dollars from medicare????

again...typical rightie response..ignore facts, dont bother to read and continue to criticize based on conjecture and ignorant ASSumptions.

what are the facts? how will this be done?

Forum List

Back