Bill Maher to tea partiers: The Founding Fathers would’ve hated your guts

"The founding fathers would have hated your guts"

Reference to the founding fathers ideas of hating America or not would be totally irrelevant in todays society. The founding fathers have no contendancy or mindset on the change and metamorphisis this country has been through thus making their opinions I think irrelevant. Sure they may have started a ripple, yet many of their historical analyses and decisions were also based on Ignorance alone.

By the Way I voted for Obama.

In case you do not realize their opinions are still used to support the Constitution. Thats how we tdecide what the meaning of certain laws are. Such as the second Amendment.

Indeed MANY of their opinions are still used, however, many of their opinions have also been reinterpretated, scratched out, and dismissed as well. Lets not pretend as If the founding founders decisions were "Holier than thou", apparently, they made some very bad decisions also.

First of all, the word is "reinterpreted". Second, it's not a matter of the Founding Fathers' opinions being "holy" at all. Certain of their opinions are the LAW, which means you don't just get to blow them off and ignore them because you decide they're "bad". And if one wishes, for some odd notion, to understand the law and its purpose because . . . I don't know, one might take a wild hair up the ass and decide to actually OBEY the laws or something, it is then useful to look at what those who wrote that law intended by it. Third, I'd like to know what "bad decisions" you think the Founding Fathers made.

Forum List

Back