Bill Cosby on the President

With ALL due respect to Bill Cosby, I STILL hope President Obama fails.

I am allowed to detest the path he chooses to try to steer.

We are allowed to resist and oppose.

And the President is flatly wrong on so very many things, he deserves to be opposed.

I SURELY don't want him to "succeed" where his definition of success is my definition of failure.

Cosby has his opinion like every other American has their opinion. The ability to appear on television and voice said opinion neither makes it correct nor worth listening too. I lost some respect for him after that opinion he shared. I believe that a lot of African American personalities are letting Obamas minority status cloud their vision of his lack of performance. They use lines like he had to overcome more hurdles than any other president to justify their statements. When in fact, his hurdles were not so high. Democrats lost a lot of seats while he was in office because America was sick of how things were going. The majority of Americans were against the health care initiative and he pushed it through. Now the Supreme Court is siding with the people and in November Obama will see that the American public is not sick of a black President they are merely sick of him.

You don't know that he's going to lose any more than I know he's going to win. It's going to have to be a lot closer to election day before anyone can even hazard a guess.

I do know the first black President hype is over. I know that the black community is disappointed and he is making last ditch efforts to secure a strong minority turn out. We shall see.

I admit, I would hate to see someone I respect lose ground because he suddenly caved to supporting a candidate because that candidate was "black like me". Cosby has been spot one on so many of his opinions about how blacks need to take responsibility for themselves. It would be a shame if he caved on this Obama thing.

Richard Pryor (dead comedian)
George Carlin (dead comedian)
Bill Cosby (has-been comedian)

Obama-haters really have alot to be worried about.

Danger, Will Robinson, danger!!!......the OP is making a relevant political point!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG0ochx16Dg]DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER - LOST IN SPACE - YouTube[/ame]

Did Cosby express the same sentiments when Bush was in office? We all know he had just as many haters.

As for Pryor and Carlin...

Pryor was never really one for the political humor or commentary so I wouldn't have expected much from him.

Carlin just got old and bitter towards the end of his life. His comedy and political commentary grew tired and insufferable, predictable and partisan.

Miss Pryor. Carlin not so much.

bush wasn't treated the way this president has been from day one...

after 9/11 everyone wanted bush to succeed. it's not our fault he was a failure.

Did Cosby express the same sentiments when Bush was in office? We all know he had just as many haters.

As for Pryor and Carlin...

Pryor was never really one for the political humor or commentary so I wouldn't have expected much from him.

Carlin just got old and bitter towards the end of his life. His comedy and political commentary grew tired and insufferable, predictable and partisan.

Miss Pryor. Carlin not so much.

Did the Democratic Party lock step obstruct and block EVERY effort of the Bush administration EVEN WHEN Bush accepted some of their ideas?

Did the Democratic Party have it's high ranking members state that their primary goal was to keep Bush from a second term?

Was there a "liberal" version of Murdoch enterprises, ABC Talk Radio, Washington Times, Clear Channel working overtime with the SAME propaganda in print, radio and TV?

No.

Did the Democratic Party lock step obstruct and block EVERY effort of the Bush administration EVEN WHEN Bush accepted some of their ideas?

They didnt need to all the time, as you said Bush gave them some.

This president hasnt.

Now imagine if Bush was able to get SS reform passed, that the democrats flee bagged on. THERE WOULD BE MONEY IN YOUR ACCOUNT.

FOO

Obama wants to destroy America so yes, I hope he fails

No. See, that's the thing. It's not about destroying America. He's taking it in a direction you don't want to see it go. This is all about perception. It doesn't make anybody right or wrong. This is a simple difference of opinion.

Obama rejects our Founding, he rejects our philosophy, he rejects self-reliance; I cannot support him

"Our" philosophy?

You mean "Confederate Conservative Right Wing Racist" philosophy? The radical agenda of the current Republican party doesn't represent our "founding".

They didnt need to all the time, as you said Bush gave them some.

This president hasnt.

Now imagine if Bush was able to get SS reform passed, that the democrats flee bagged on. THERE WOULD BE MONEY IN YOUR ACCOUNT.

FOO

Pay attention, genius......the Dems DID NOT lock step block the Shrub on EVERY turn.

But the GOP sure as hell did and is continuing to do so...EVEN WHEN OBAMA ACCEPTED IDEAS OF THEIRS....the second he put his name behind it, the GOP did a 180 in the opposite direction. A matter of fact, a matter of history.

Once again, you shoot mental neocon blanks on Full-Auto.

Forum List

Back