Biggest Issue Facing the US Today?

The courts prosecute.... Congress cannot sentence you to stay after school. True story bro.
Congress doesn't hold hearings on your home world?
Sure they do....but the standard is convictions and jail time. The truth is--look up the word since you seem confused by it's meaning--that a lot of Reagan staffers spent time behind bars; only courts can sentence you to time behind bars under our constitution; you can look that up too since you seem unfamiliar with that document as well.
You can google 'smug asshole' and find most of your post here. Like I said, courts don't take on political issues until they have the green lights to do so. No court is going to look into the IRS crimes of targeting conservatives and conservative groups until congress puts their feet to the fire. I said as much earlier so get the shit out of your eyes and read if you are going to respond.

I'm simply asking what objective evidence there is that makes Reagan supposedly this "great" president.
It's been presented many times but no one can take the tard from you. You think if you keep stuffing your head up your ass everyone will finally agree with you. It doesn't work that way.

Governmetn holds the last line of responsibility.

Then it is impossible for employers to be subsidizing the government, you stupid statist welfare junkie.
Logic not your strong point, obviously. Dwarf.

Which is why you have absolutely no refutation. Because all you can do is spout stupid bullshit and then cry in your Lucky Charms when you get called out on it. You have as much substance as a two feather pillow. When are you going to get it through your head that it's not the government's responsibility to take care of you? While you're at it get it through your head that companies don't pay to you take care of you either. They pay you to take care of themselves, by securing your labor at as good of a bargain as they can convince you to settle for.
Butthurt much? Your posts are pretty much self refuting. Even the name calling parts.

The terrible recovery has led to stagnant wages and lack of opportunity across the board.

No, that's been caused by individuals failing on their own accord.
So during periods of ecopnomic growth its caused by the same individuals succeeding?
I guess government policies have zero effect on the economy.
You are a complete dunce, a fraud, and a waste of DNA.

If you're not getting the pay that you want, that's your fault and nobody else's fault. Earn it, be worth it. Stop expecting people to just hand it over to you.
Confusing macro and micro. No surprise. Idiots like you just dont get it.
Tell me again how government polciies have zero effect on the economy. I love fairy tales.

The courts prosecute.... Congress cannot sentence you to stay after school. True story bro.
Sure they do....but the standard is convictions and jail time. The truth is--look up the word since you seem confused by it's meaning--that a lot of Reagan staffers spent time behind bars; only courts can sentence you to time behind bars under our constitution; you can look that up too since you seem unfamiliar with that document as well.
You can google 'smug asshole' and find most of your post here. Like I said, courts don't take on political issues until they have the green lights to do so. No court is going to look into the IRS crimes of targeting conservatives and conservative groups until congress puts their feet to the fire. I said as much earlier so get the shit out of your eyes and read if you are going to respond.

The courts are independent of the Congress. It's called checks and balances.

Please tell us that you are not this unaware of the Constitution.

Several members of Congress and other politicians have been to court both with and without congressional input. You're simply making stuff up; as always.

When has the court acted in a case regarding a political issue only after pressure from Congress?

The courts are independent of the Congress. It's called checks and balances.

Please tell us that you are not this unaware of the Constitution.

Several members of Congress and other politicians have been to court both with and without congressional input. You're simply making stuff up; as always.
Exactly. WITH congressional input, especially political hot potatoes. But stay tuned, there will be plenty to follow.

I think the biggest issue is the economy. The terrible recovery has led to stagnant wages and lack of opportunity across the board. Income inequality has increased due to people in the middle and lower strata failing to get better paying jobs. This has also led to strains in the federal budget, as well as state budgets. Constraints on the miltary budget impede our efforts to win even diplomatically, as other countries perceive our weakness.
The way to reverse this decline is:
-Enact serious tax reform, lowering corporate taxes to competitive levels worldwide
-Simplify the tax code so less is spent on accontants and lawyers figuring out how to game the system
-Roll back the volume of regulations coming out of Washington
-Enact tort reform so honest mistakes do not bankrupt companies.
-Roll back the min wage so lower skilled workers can get hired and gain experience.

Does this mean you support raising the min. wage?

I think the biggest issue is the economy. The terrible recovery has led to stagnant wages and lack of opportunity across the board. Income inequality has increased due to people in the middle and lower strata failing to get better paying jobs. This has also led to strains in the federal budget, as well as state budgets. Constraints on the miltary budget impede our efforts to win even diplomatically, as other countries perceive our weakness.
-Enact serious tax reform, lowering corporate taxes to competitive levels worldwide
-Simplify the tax code so less is spent on accontants and lawyers figuring out how to game the system
-Roll back the min wage so lower skilled workers can get hired and gain experience.

Not very smart are you? Check my last point.

You're correct. I didn't read your entire post.

Roll back the min wage to what?

I agree it is the economy and the fact the government must subsidize the pay of workers because the corporations refuse to pay livable wages. :)
It's actualluy corporations subsidizing government by paying wages to people who otherwise would be unemployed. As usual you have it backwards.

That might almost be true if any corporations ever actually paid the corporate tax rate.

Zero would be an idea point.

LOL...I thought the goal was higher wages, not zero wages.

LOL...I thought the goal was higher wages, not zero wages.
You think eliminating the min wage will mean people will work for nothing? What a sap!

When has the court acted in a case regarding a political issue only after pressure from Congress?
I can recall numerous ones over the years. Have you been in a coma? You can start with Watergate and try to come up to speed.

Congressional Investigations Attorney Hearings Terry Eaton
The Purpose of a Congressional Subpoena
The purpose of a subpoena is to command a targeted person to testify or produce documents to the committee to further it’s investigation, or both. The congressional committee hearing itself is often partisan and political, with committee members sometimes asking pointed questions to advance a particular agenda. The key to responding to an investigation request is to fully understand the investigation scope long before the committee hearing. Often, committee staff and investigators will have performed many interviews and sought many specific documents before the actual hearing. All of these activities signal the direction of the likely committee members, particularly the likely direction of the leadership.

The party testifying at a congressional investigation hearing is expected to do so under oath and truthfully. However, unlike a trial, a party testifying cannot rely on a lawyer to speak for him. To navigate the legal risks involved in saying too much — which can subsequently turn into a criminal or civil lawsuit — a party has to decide whether to answer the committee’s questions or decline to say anything because a truthful answer may implicate the witness in criminal activity.

Forum List

Back