Biggest Issue Facing the US Today?

The terrible recovery has led to stagnant wages and lack of opportunity across the board.

No, that's been caused by individuals failing on their own accord.
So during periods of ecopnomic growth its caused by the same individuals succeeding?
I guess government policies have zero effect on the economy.
You are a complete dunce, a fraud, and a waste of DNA.

It's actualluy corporations subsidizing government by paying wages to people who otherwise would be unemployed. As usual you have it backwards.

That only makes sense if the government holds the first line of responsibility to pay for people's needs. Yet again, Rabbi shows that he his a liberal, statist piece of shit.
Governmetn holds the last line of responsibility. As usual you have it exactly backwards, you totalitarian ninny.

I think the biggest issue the US faces today is that we keep electing too many morons to national public office.

They are not all morons, but too many of them are. In my opinion anyway.

The terrible recovery has led to stagnant wages and lack of opportunity across the board.

No, that's been caused by individuals failing on their own accord.
So during periods of ecopnomic growth its caused by the same individuals succeeding?
I guess government policies have zero effect on the economy.
You are a complete dunce, a fraud, and a waste of DNA.

If you're not getting the pay that you want, that's your fault and nobody else's fault. Earn it, be worth it. Stop expecting people to just hand it over to you.

Governmetn holds the last line of responsibility.

Then it is impossible for employers to be subsidizing the government, you stupid statist welfare junkie.
Logic not your strong point, obviously. Dwarf.

Which is why you have absolutely no refutation. Because all you can do is spout stupid bullshit and then cry in your Lucky Charms when you get called out on it. You have as much substance as a two feather pillow. When are you going to get it through your head that it's not the government's responsibility to take care of you? While you're at it get it through your head that companies don't pay to you take care of you either. They pay you to take care of themselves, by securing your labor at as good of a bargain as they can convince you to settle for.

The economy is better for the people who broke it, no one else. If you work for a living, you make no head way. Most people now, 75% or so, work check to check. That is no improvement. I haven't had more than 2 days off in a row in the last 5 years, and I have nothing to show for it save for debt ///

If you work for a living, you make no head way.

Then make your own headway.

Most people now, 75% or so, work check to check.

Then they should stop living paycheck to paycheck and start saving.

I haven't had more than 2 days off in a row in the last 5 years

First world problems.

and I have nothing to show for it save for debt

So stop spending money you don't have, and start saving money you do have.

Share repurchase - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

The topic gentlemen or ladies had to do with candy corn swooning over,the,Obama economy. I noted two ways the economy is artificially made to look good. One was a basic O interest rate which hurts middle income savers, kills them really, and the paper shuffling scam of stock buybacks which artificially make companies performance look better on a per share basis, avoids taxation, and hides monies which could be paid to employees, or as dividends, and often times enriches the top executives. My apologies for getting too far out in the weeds for some.

I honestly feel that the problem with America is there's two extremist parties killing compromise. No, one can pass a budget that funds our science programs or will maintain our infrastructure to the levels it was 40 years ago.

Democrats are social fuckers that beliefs in promoting every disgusting fucking things imaginable...If they'd just give up the identity politics and the disgusting(I will out sick you!)...They'd win every every election!

The right side of the republicans(shit-party) believe in starving the beast, which is our science, infrastructure and r&d programs = growing the economy. I mean you can't make this shit up...What a joke. There's no vision and the old school republican of accountability have become quite rare.

The courts prosecute.... Congress cannot sentence you to stay after school. True story bro.
Congress doesn't hold hearings on your home world?

Sure they do....but the standard is convictions and jail time. The truth is--look up the word since you seem confused by it's meaning--that a lot of Reagan staffers spent time behind bars; only courts can sentence you to time behind bars under our constitution; you can look that up too since you seem unfamiliar with that document as well.

Share repurchase - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

The topic gentlemen or ladies had to do with candy corn swooning over,the,Obama economy. I noted two ways the economy is artificially made to look good. One was a basic O interest rate which hurts middle income savers, kills them really, and the paper shuffling scam of stock buybacks which artificially make companies performance look better on a per share basis, avoids taxation, and hides monies which could be paid to employees, or as dividends, and often times enriches the top executives. My apologies for getting too far out in the weeds for some.
The Facts About Budget Deficits How The Presidents Truly Rank - Forbes

As usual with figures candy cherry picks stats to make Obama look good.

Ronald Reagan dropped the inflation rate in half

Ronald Reagan GDP growth was over twice what Barack obamas was.

Barack Obama has kept fed interst rates at zero artificially boosting the stock market and large companies who are fudging earnings by buying back stock.

Barack Obama has the most people not working of any modern president skewing the unemployment numbers
Higher Income During Reagan Boom Intellectual Takeout ITO
When It Comes To Job Creation Obama Doesn t Hold A Candle To Reagan - Forbes
All segments of society prospered under Reagan.

Obamas deficits as a percentage of GDP are still twice as high as Reagan's and even the so called cut in half deficit we have today is still higher than any other presidents in history.

You can put lipstick on a pig all you want but it is still a pig. Stop blowing smoke.

I can't help it that the statistics make Obama and Reagan look pretty similar in terms of both management style and fiscal policies.

I'm simply asking what objective evidence there is that makes Reagan supposedly this "great" president. We've discussed the deficit that Reagan ran up which is true despite your trying to tie it to part of the GDP. We've also talked about the legendary amount of corruption and scandal Reagan's staffers wrought. Obama is not doing particularly better than Reagan by objective criteria and he doesn't seem to be doing much worse by that same criteria.

From your source:

The IHA owns the website ushistory.org, which supports our mission to educate the public about the Revolutionary and Colonial eras of American history, as well as Philadelphia generally.

Seems a bit outside of their mandate.

Their banner:

2a5karq.jpg

Yes, they have articles on all of US history, however using them as a source for anything beyond their own declared mandate seems a bit suspect.

well, why not. Who knows History any better than RW's. Their History trumps all History. Anything other than THEIR History is suspect.

They have their own set of facts too.

Revisionist history is progressive's bailiwick, has been since the 60's.

The biggest problems we face in this country?
The death of pragmatic solutions to real problems at the national level.
That and a dumbing down of the people who vote.
And unlimited, undisclosed money in political campaigns.

Forum List

Back