Biggest Issue Facing the US Today?

Expert debunks claim U.S. corporate taxes are too high - CBS News

Funny the corporate tax is 35% yet on average corporations only paid 12%!

Other tax experts have made the same point as Kleinbard. A report by the advocacy group Citizens for Tax Justice noted that 111 of the 288 companies it examined paid zero or less in federal taxes in at least one year from 2008 and 2012.

The truth...

Close this loop hole and then I wouldn't have a problem with going down to 30% for the corporate. Paying zero is just cheating our fucking country out of money that is owed.

#1: Corporations don't pay taxes, we collect them. I never understand how leftists don't grasp that customers pay for the price of the goods in products, steel, glass, labor, etc. But then you think corporations pay taxes out of our own share instead of passing them along to our customers like the rest of our costs.

#2: Corporate taxes are double taxes, the owners of the corporations pay taxes on the same money

I agree it is the economy and the fact the government must subsidize the pay of workers because the corporations refuse to pay livable wages. :)

Exactly! Corporations shouldn't employ anyone who needs to be subsidized.
That'll save the government a ton of dough.

The top management shouldn't be stealing all the profits, while giving their workers so little. We know this because for the past 35 years the profits have been going more to the very top...

How is this right? And you want to make it even worse by allowing these corporations to pay even less to their workers. wow.

Yes, Comrade, the proletariat is being oppressed by the bourgeois. Workers of the world unite and overthrow your evil masters!

Not sure how one group being paid market wages is stealing from another group being paid market wages, but I don't mindlessly advocate Karl Marx so I guess I wouldn't.

Why should the ceo and the board get 90% of the profit while the people doing the work gets bread crumbs? If market wages are enough to make these fat fuckers this rich...Why not spread it a little more evenly amongs the people that earn it.

You see, your market wages bs just exploded in your face. The company is making enough money to pay them right but they choose to be hogs.

The biggest issue is the economy and jobs..

The second biggest issue is getting the far left out of politics and pushing their religion back into the extremist areas where it belongs!

I agree it is the economy and the fact the government must subsidize the pay of workers because the corporations refuse to pay livable wages. :)

The top management shouldn't be stealing all the profits, while giving their workers so little. We know this because for the past 35 years the profits have been going more to the very top...

How is this right? And you want to make it even worse by allowing these corporations to pay even less to their workers. wow.

Yes, Comrade, the proletariat is being oppressed by the bourgeois. Workers of the world unite and overthrow your evil masters!

Not sure how one group being paid market wages is stealing from another group being paid market wages, but I don't mindlessly advocate Karl Marx so I guess I wouldn't.

Why should the ceo and the board get 90% of the profit while the people doing the work gets bread crumbs? If market wages are enough to make these fat fuckers this rich...Why not spread it a little more evenly amongs the people that earn it.

You see, your market wages bs just exploded in your face. The company is making enough money to pay them right but they choose to be hogs.

Why should the ceo and the board get 90% of the profit

Which corporations pay their CEO and board 90% of the profits?

That's ridiculous, the owners get most of the profit, not management or employees. And the point is the arrogance that you are smarter than everyone else and should decide what other people get. Everyone made their best deal.

Why should the ceo and the board get 90% of the profit

Which corporations pay their CEO and board 90% of the profits?

HPIOOHAC. The He Pulled It Out Of His Ass Company.

Biggest issue facing america?

We have a black president and many are still stuck in the 60's and can't accept it.

When Obama beat McCain, I honestly thought that his administration would signal a "we've arrived" moment...much in the same way a man's mother accepts his wife as her own daughter. Or when a woman's kids accepts her new boyfriend as a father figure. If the last 6 years has taught us anything its not just the backwards folks in the South, members of Congress have revealed themselves to be just as brain dead and racist.

Save the argument that there are just policy differences.

Before Obama nobody demanded to see a President's birth certificate. Before Obama, nobody (in modern times) shouted "you lie" at the President during the State of the Union. This isn't policy; it's personal.

We have a black president and many are still stuck in the 60's and can't accept it.

We have a terrible president, I don't care what color he is.

When Obama beat McCain, I honestly thought that his administration would signal a "we've arrived" moment...

It did. And then he opened his mouth and ruined it. That's what happens when you elect an inexperienced, community organizer.

If he is terrible, I would be most interested in seeing whom you claim is a "good" president let alone a great one. Care to give us names as to whom was good or great?

I think Obama was incredibly naive when he took office and you still see some of that today even. Every President in my lifetime has had some moments of "what was he thinking" I don't see more from Obama than the others.

Reagan was great.
Obama is more than naive, he's downright ignorant. Clueless.

Great?

On what standard was he "greater" than Obama?

Policies? The Reagan deficit is a fact.

reaganversusobamaonemploymentanddeficits.jpg

Scandals? Gee, here is a list of Reagan's scandals from Wikipedia:

1981–1989 Ronald Reagan Administration[edit]
Executive Branch[edit]
  1. Samuel Pierce Secretary of Housing and Urban Development because he made "full and public written acceptance of responsibility" was not charged.[191]
  2. James G. Watt Secretary of Interior, 1981–1983, charged with 25 counts of perjury and obstruction of justice, sentenced to five years probation, fined $5,000 and 500 hours of community service[192]
  3. Deborah Gore Dean (R) Executive Assistant to (Samuel Pierce, Secretary of HUD 1981–1987, and not charged). Dean was convicted of 12 counts of perjury, conspiracy, bribery. Sentenced to 21 months in prison. (1987)[193]
  4. Phillip D. Winn Assistant Secretary of HUD, 1981–1982, pled guilty to bribery in 1994.[193]
  5. Thomas Demery, Assistant Secretary of HUD, pled guilty to bribery and obstruction.[193]
  6. Joseph A. Strauss, Special Assistant to the Secretary of HUD, convicted of accepting payments to favor Puerto Rican land developers in receiving HUD funding.[194]
  7. Silvio D. DeBartolomeis convicted of perjury and bribery.[195]
  • Wedtech scandal Wedtech Corporation convicted of bribery for Defense Department contracts
  1. Edwin Meese Attorney General, resigned but never convicted.[196]
  2. Lyn Nofziger White House Press Secretary, whose conviction of lobbying was overturned.[197]
  3. Mario Biaggi (D-NY) sentenced to 2½ years.[198]
  4. Robert García (D-NY) sentenced to 2½ years.[199]
  • Savings and loan scandal in which 747 institutions failed and had to be rescued with $160,000,000,000 of taxpayer monies in connection with the Keating Five. see Legislative scandals.[200]
  • Emanuel S. Savas, appointed by Ronald Reagan to be Assistant Secretary of Housing and Urban Development, resigned July 8, 1983 after an internal Justice Department investigation found he had abused his office by having his Government staff work on his private book on Government time.[201][202]
  • Iran-Contra Affair (1985–1986); A plan conceived by CIA head William Casey and Oliver North of the National Security Council to sell TOW missiles to Iran for the return of US hostages and then use part of the money received to fund Contra rebels trying to overthrow the left wing government of Nicaragua, which was in direct violation of Congress'Boland Amendment.[203] Ronald Reagan appeared on TV stating there was no "arms for hostages" deal, but was later forced to admit, also on TV, that yes, there indeed had been:
  1. Caspar Weinberger Secretary of Defense, was indicted on two counts of perjury and one count of obstruction of justice on June 16, 1992. [53]. Weinberger received a pardon from George H. W. Bush on December 24, 1992, before he was tried.[204]
  2. William Casey Head of the CIA. Thought to have conceived the plan, was stricken ill hours before he would testify. Reporter Bob Woodward records that Casey knew of and approved the plan.[205]
  3. Robert C. McFarlane National Security Adviser, convicted of withholding evidence, but after a plea bargain was given only 2 years probation. Later pardoned by PresidentGeorge H. W. Bush[206]
  4. Elliott Abrams Asst Sec of State, convicted of withholding evidence, but after a plea bargain was given only 2 years probation. Later pardoned by President George H. W. Bush[207] Walsh Iran Contra Report - Summary of Prosecutions.
  5. Alan D. Fiers Chief of the CIA's Central American Task Force, convicted of withholding evidence and sentenced to one year probation. Later pardoned by PresidentGeorge H. W. Bush[203]
  6. Clair George Chief of Covert Ops-CIA, convicted on 2 charges of perjury, but pardoned by President George H. W. Bush before sentencing.[208]
  7. Oliver North convicted of accepting an illegal gratuity, obstruction of a congressional inquiry, and destruction of documents, but the ruling was overturned since he had been granted immunity.[209]
  8. Fawn Hall, Oliver North's secretary was given immunity from prosecution on charges of conspiracy and destroying documents in exchange for her testimony.[210]
  9. John Poindexter National Security Advisor (R) convicted of 5 counts of conspiracy, obstruction of justice, perjury, defrauding the government, and the alteration and destruction of evidence. The Supreme Court overturned this ruling.[211]
  10. Duane Clarridge An ex-CIA senior official, he was indicted in November 1991 on 7 counts of perjury and false statements relating to a November 1985 shipment to Iran. Pardoned before trial by President George H. W. Bush.[212][213]
  11. Richard V. Secord Ex-major general in the Air Force who organized the Iran arms sales and Contra aid. He pleaded guilty in November 1989 to making false statements to Congress. Sentenced to two years of probation.[214][215]
  12. Albert Hakim A businessman, pled guilty in November 1989 to supplementing the salary of Oliver North by buying him a $13,800 fence. Hakim was given two years of probation and a $5,000 fine, while his company, Lake Resources Inc. was ordered to dissolve.[214][216]
  13. Thomas G. Clines Once an intelligence official who became an arms dealer, he was convicted in September 1990 on four income tax counts, including underreporting of income to the IRS and lying about not having foreign accounts. Sentenced to 16 months of prison and fined $40,000.[214][217]
  14. Carl R. Channell A fund-raiser for conservative causes, he pleaded guilty in April 1987 to defrauding the IRS via a tax-exempt organization to fund the Contras.[218]Sentenced to two years probation.[214]
  15. Richard R. Miller Associate to Carl R. Channell, he pleaded guilty in May 1987 to defrauding the IRS via a tax-exempt organization led by Channell. More precisely, he pled guilty to lying to the IRS about the deductibility of donations to the organization. Some of the donations were used to fund the Contras.[219] Sentenced to two years of probation and 120 of community service.[214]
  16. Joseph F. Fernandez CIA Station Chief of Costa Rica. Indicted on five counts in 1988.[220] The case was dismissed when Attorney General Dick Thornburgh refused to declassify information needed for his defense in 1990.[221]
  • Inslaw Affair (1985–1994+); a protracted legal case that alleged that top-level officials of President Ronald Reagan's (R) Department of Justice were involved in software piracy of the Promis program from Inslaw Inc. forcing it into bankruptcy.[222] Attorney General Edwin Meese (R) and his successor Attorney General Dick Thornburgh (R) were both found to have blocked the investigation of the matter.[223] They were succeeded by Attorney General William P. Barr (R), who also refused to investigate and no charges were ever filed.[222]
  1. D. Lowell Jensen, Deputy Attorney General was held in Contempt of Congress.[224]
  2. C. Madison Brewer A high ranking Justice Department official was held in Contempt of Congress.[224]
  • Michael Deaver Deputy Chief of Staff to Ronald Reagan 1981–85, pleaded guilty to perjury related to lobbying activities and was sentenced to 3 years probation and fined $100,000[225]
  • Sewergate A scandal in which funds from the EPA were selectively used for projects which would aid politicians friendly to the Reagan administration.
  1. Anne Gorsuch Burford Head of the EPA. Cut the EPA staff by 22% and refused to turn over documents to Congress citing "Executive Privilege",[226] whereupon she was found in Contempt and resigned with twenty of her top employees.(1980)[227]
  2. Rita Lavelle An EPA Administrator, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency misused "superfund" monies and was convicted of perjury. She served six months in prison, was fined $10,000 and given five years probation.[228]

Care to give us some objective evidence of greatness?

It's actualluy corporations subsidizing government by paying wages to people who otherwise would be unemployed. As usual you have it backwards.

That only makes sense if the government holds the first line of responsibility to pay for people's needs. Yet again, Rabbi shows that he his a liberal, statist piece of shit.

When Obama beat McCain, I honestly thought that his administration would signal a "we've arrived" moment...much in the same way a man's mother accepts his wife as her own daughter. Or when a woman's kids accepts her new boyfriend as a father figure. If the last 6 years has taught us anything its not just the backwards folks in the South, members of Congress have revealed themselves to be just as brain dead and racist.

Before Obama nobody demanded to see a President's birth certificate. Before Obama, nobody (in modern times) shouted "you lie" at the President during the State of the Union. This isn't policy; it's personal.

When Obama beat McCain, I honestly thought that his administration would signal a "we've arrived" moment...

It did. And then he opened his mouth and ruined it. That's what happens when you elect an inexperienced, community organizer.

If he is terrible, I would be most interested in seeing whom you claim is a "good" president let alone a great one. Care to give us names as to whom was good or great?

I think Obama was incredibly naive when he took office and you still see some of that today even. Every President in my lifetime has had some moments of "what was he thinking" I don't see more from Obama than the others.

Reagan was great.

As for Obama's ignorant...he's actually much more like Reagan in that regard. He hired people to run his agencies and basically looked the other way and the lack of management by Obama mirrors the corruption of the Reagan years.

But let me ask you this. If you were ranking the Presidents of the US, where would you put Reagan....10th...15th...20th in the history of the nation?

No scandals that you know of in the last 6 years huh?

Top 20 Obama scandals The list - NaturalNews.com
1. IRS targets Obama's enemies: The IRS targeted conservative and pro-Israel groups prior to the 2012 election. Questions are being raised about why this occurred, who ordered it, whether there was any White House involvement and whether there was an initial effort to hide who knew about the targeting and when.

2. Benghazi: This is actually three scandals in one: The failure of administration to protect the Benghazi mission; the changes made to the talking points in order to suggest the attack was motivated by an anti-Muslim video; and the refusal of the White House to say what President Obama did the night of the attack.

3. Keeping an eye on The Associated Press: The Justice Department performed a massive cull of Associated Press reporters' phone records as part of a leak investigation.

4. Rosengate: The Justice Department suggested that Fox News reporter James Rosen is a criminal for reporting about classified information and subsequently monitored his phones and emails.

5. Potential Holder perjury I: Attorney General Eric Holder told Congress he had never been associated with "potential prosecution" of a journalist for perjury when in fact he signed the affidavit that termed Rosen a potential criminal.

6. The ATF "Fast and Furious" scheme: Federal agencies allowed weapons from U.S. gun dealers to "walk" across the border into the hands of Mexican drug dealers. The ATF summarily lost track of scores of those weapons, many of which were used in crimes, including the December 2010 killing of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry.

7. Potential Holder perjury II: Holder told Congress in May 2011 that he had just recently heard about the Fast and Furious gun walking scheme when there is evidence he may have known much earlier.

8. Sebelius demands payment: HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius solicited donations from companies HHS might regulate. The money would be used to help her sign up uninsured Americans for Obamacare.

9. The Pigford scandal: An Agriculture Department effort that started as an attempt to compensate black farmers who had been discriminated against by the agency but evolved into a gravy train delivering several billion dollars in cash to thousands of additional minority and female farmers who probably didn't face discrimination.

10. GSA gone wild: The General Services Administration in 2010 held an $823,000 training conference in Las Vegas, featuring a clown and a mind readers. Resulted in the resignation of the GSA administrator.

11. Veterans Affairs in Disney World: The agency wasted more than $6 million on two conferences in Orlando. An assistant secretary was fired.

12. Sebelius violates the Hatch Act: A U.S. special counsel determined that Sebelius violated the Hatch Act when she made "extemporaneous partisan remarks" during a speech in her official capacity last year. During the remarks, Sebelius called for the election of the Democratic candidate for governor of North Carolina.

13. Solyndra: Republicans charged the Obama Administration funded and promoted its poster boy for green energy despite warning signs the company was headed for bankruptcy. The administration also allegedly pressed Solyndra to delay layoff announcements until after the 2010 midterm elections.

14. AKA Lisa Jackson: Former EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson used the name "Richard Windsor" when corresponding by email with other government officials, drawing charges she was trying to evade scrutiny.

15. The New Black Panthers: The Justice Department was accused of using a racial double standard in failing to pursue a voter intimidation case against Black Panthers who appeared to be menacing voters at a polling place in 2008 in Philadelphia.

16. Waging war all by myself: Obama may have violated the Constitution and both the letter and the spirit of the War Powers Resolution by attacking Libya without Congressional approval.

17. Biden bullies the press: Vice President Biden's office has repeatedly interfered with coverage, including forcing a reporter to wait in a closet, making a reporter delete photos, and editing pool reports.

18. AKPD not A-OK: The administration paid millions to the former firm of then-White House adviser David Axelrod, AKPD Message and Media, to promote passage of Obamacare. Some questioned whether the firm was hired to help pay Axelrod $2 million AKPD owed him.

19. Sestak, we'll take care of you: Former White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel used Bill Clinton as an intermediary to probe whether former Rep. Joe Sestak (D-Pa.) would accept a prominent, unpaid White House advisory position in exchange for dropping out of the 2010 primary against former Sen. Arlen Specter (D-Pa.).

20. I'll pass my own laws: Obama has repeatedly been accused of making end runs around Congress by deciding which laws to enforce, including the decision not to deport illegal immigrants who may have been allowed to stay in the United States had Congress passed the "Dream Act."

With three-and-a-half years of Obama's second term remaining, there is no telling how many more scandals will erupt.

Reagan was great.

As for Obama's ignorant...he's actually much more like Reagan in that regard. He hired people to run his agencies and basically looked the other way and the lack of management by Obama mirrors the corruption of the Reagan years.

But let me ask you this. If you were ranking the Presidents of the US, where would you put Reagan....10th...15th...20th in the history of the nation?

Reagan, easily top 10. Obama, bottom 10, shooting for bottom 5.

No scandals that you know of in the last 6 years huh?

Top 20 Obama scandals The list - NaturalNews.com
1. IRS targets Obama's enemies: The IRS targeted conservative and pro-Israel groups prior to the 2012 election. Questions are being raised about why this occurred, who ordered it, whether there was any White House involvement and whether there was an initial effort to hide who knew about the targeting and when.

2. Benghazi: This is actually three scandals in one: The failure of administration to protect the Benghazi mission; the changes made to the talking points in order to suggest the attack was motivated by an anti-Muslim video; and the refusal of the White House to say what President Obama did the night of the attack.

3. Keeping an eye on The Associated Press: The Justice Department performed a massive cull of Associated Press reporters' phone records as part of a leak investigation.

4. Rosengate: The Justice Department suggested that Fox News reporter James Rosen is a criminal for reporting about classified information and subsequently monitored his phones and emails.

5. Potential Holder perjury I: Attorney General Eric Holder told Congress he had never been associated with "potential prosecution" of a journalist for perjury when in fact he signed the affidavit that termed Rosen a potential criminal.

6. The ATF "Fast and Furious" scheme: Federal agencies allowed weapons from U.S. gun dealers to "walk" across the border into the hands of Mexican drug dealers. The ATF summarily lost track of scores of those weapons, many of which were used in crimes, including the December 2010 killing of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry.

7. Potential Holder perjury II: Holder told Congress in May 2011 that he had just recently heard about the Fast and Furious gun walking scheme when there is evidence he may have known much earlier.

8. Sebelius demands payment: HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius solicited donations from companies HHS might regulate. The money would be used to help her sign up uninsured Americans for Obamacare.

9. The Pigford scandal: An Agriculture Department effort that started as an attempt to compensate black farmers who had been discriminated against by the agency but evolved into a gravy train delivering several billion dollars in cash to thousands of additional minority and female farmers who probably didn't face discrimination.

10. GSA gone wild: The General Services Administration in 2010 held an $823,000 training conference in Las Vegas, featuring a clown and a mind readers. Resulted in the resignation of the GSA administrator.

11. Veterans Affairs in Disney World: The agency wasted more than $6 million on two conferences in Orlando. An assistant secretary was fired.

12. Sebelius violates the Hatch Act: A U.S. special counsel determined that Sebelius violated the Hatch Act when she made "extemporaneous partisan remarks" during a speech in her official capacity last year. During the remarks, Sebelius called for the election of the Democratic candidate for governor of North Carolina.

13. Solyndra: Republicans charged the Obama Administration funded and promoted its poster boy for green energy despite warning signs the company was headed for bankruptcy. The administration also allegedly pressed Solyndra to delay layoff announcements until after the 2010 midterm elections.

14. AKA Lisa Jackson: Former EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson used the name "Richard Windsor" when corresponding by email with other government officials, drawing charges she was trying to evade scrutiny.

15. The New Black Panthers: The Justice Department was accused of using a racial double standard in failing to pursue a voter intimidation case against Black Panthers who appeared to be menacing voters at a polling place in 2008 in Philadelphia.

16. Waging war all by myself: Obama may have violated the Constitution and both the letter and the spirit of the War Powers Resolution by attacking Libya without Congressional approval.

17. Biden bullies the press: Vice President Biden's office has repeatedly interfered with coverage, including forcing a reporter to wait in a closet, making a reporter delete photos, and editing pool reports.

18. AKPD not A-OK: The administration paid millions to the former firm of then-White House adviser David Axelrod, AKPD Message and Media, to promote passage of Obamacare. Some questioned whether the firm was hired to help pay Axelrod $2 million AKPD owed him.

19. Sestak, we'll take care of you: Former White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel used Bill Clinton as an intermediary to probe whether former Rep. Joe Sestak (D-Pa.) would accept a prominent, unpaid White House advisory position in exchange for dropping out of the 2010 primary against former Sen. Arlen Specter (D-Pa.).

20. I'll pass my own laws: Obama has repeatedly been accused of making end runs around Congress by deciding which laws to enforce, including the decision not to deport illegal immigrants who may have been allowed to stay in the United States had Congress passed the "Dream Act."

With three-and-a-half years of Obama's second term remaining, there is no telling how many more scandals will erupt.

Gee, another reason that Obama is a lot like Reagan...the only difference is that a lot of the above are "may have" and "accused". Why didn't you put the words "convicted", "served", etc... in bold like I did with President Reagan's staff?

Gee, another reason that Obama is a lot like Reagan...the only difference is that a lot of the above are "may have" and "accused". Why didn't you put the words "convicted", "served", etc... in bold like I did with President Reagan's staff?
As if this administration is going to prosecute? The Republicans just took over congress, give them a little time....

Reagan was great.

Reagan, easily top 10. Obama, bottom 10, shooting for bottom 5.

Again, based on what...you don't seem to be offering anything except what Reagan did made him great but what Obama did (the same things Reagan did in many cases) makes him terrible....

As if this administration is going to prosecute? The Republicans just took over congress, give them a little time....

The courts prosecute.... Congress cannot sentence you to stay after school. True story bro.

The Facts About Budget Deficits How The Presidents Truly Rank - Forbes

As usual with figures candy cherry picks stats to make Obama look good.

Ronald Reagan dropped the inflation rate in half

Ronald Reagan GDP growth was over twice what Barack obamas was.

Barack Obama has kept fed interst rates at zero artificially boosting the stock market and large companies who are fudging earnings by buying back stock.

Barack Obama has the most people not working of any modern president skewing the unemployment numbers
Higher Income During Reagan Boom Intellectual Takeout ITO
When It Comes To Job Creation Obama Doesn t Hold A Candle To Reagan - Forbes
All segments of society prospered under Reagan.

Obamas deficits as a percentage of GDP are still twice as high as Reagan's and even the so called cut in half deficit we have today is still higher than any other presidents in history.

You can put lipstick on a pig all you want but it is still a pig. Stop blowing smoke.

Forum List

Back