Big Oil Companies Demand "Tax Relief"!

Itsthetruth said:
Are you also a big Wall Street oil tycoon? I didn't realize we had so many oil tycoons or apologists for them here.

I'm sorry that you support tax evasion by oil companies and I assume all other fat cats who are screwing the American public. Well, someone has to defend them and it might as well be you.

If the federal gas tax is eliminated can we count on the oil companies to build and maintain our roads or will you be paying for that out of your own pocket?

Come now. You certainly can do better than that. I expect great things from you.

So just because YOU say it is tax evasion it is tax evasion? You should look at what you write and how ignorant it makes you look. Whatever they do to a corporation, they will eventually do to you. Don't you get that? Idiot.

I see itstheidiot has struck again!

So what's you point again! I got lost in all the bullshit you were spewing :gives:

dilloduck said:
So your mad that they are trying to stop people from stealing so much from them?

It's called corporate citizenship...You mess up someone's backyard, you pay to clean it up...You help share the burden of maintianing civil society. You know, those qaint and antiquated values of assuming responsibility for your actions.

Bullypulpit said:
It's called corporate citizenship...You mess up someone's backyard, you pay to clean it up...You help share the burden of maintianing civil society. You know, those qaint and antiquated values of assuming responsibility for your actions.

WTF? Another example of blabber from Bully.

As long as the factory is there employing the local citizens, paying their FAIR share of taxes, etc., they are providing to a civil society. Sure, the land might be contaminated beyond use, but so what. They are still there and probably will be as long as the city/county doesn't keep trying to stick it to them. What is going to end up happening is that the local authorities are gonig to push them out of town then bitch about the loss of jobs and the messed up land that was left behind. Too bad.

Itsthetruth said:
Really. So I guess we should blame you for high gas prices. I wonder how long you have been ripping me and the rest of the public off.

So big time Wall Street tycoon, which oil company do you own and control if you don't mind me asking?

Not that it's any of your business, but the mutuals I invest in own shares of BP, Exxon-Mobil, Lukoil, and Occidental, to name a few. Oh, and Halliburton!

And instead of complaining about how poor little you is getting ripped off, why don't you join the investing class like the rest of America?

freeandfun1 said:
WTF? Another example of blabber from Bully.

As long as the factory is there employing the local citizens, paying their FAIR share of taxes, etc., they are providing to a civil society. Sure, the land might be contaminated beyond use, but so what. They are still there and probably will be as long as the city/county doesn't keep trying to stick it to them. What is going to end up happening is that the local authorities are gonig to push them out of town then bitch about the loss of jobs and the messed up land that was left behind. Too bad.

The employees are paying taxes but the employer enjoys a fat tax abatement to stay there. That's economic blackmail, nothing more...nothing less.

Thanks to this administration's economic policies, it will be more profitable to export those jobs to some third world banana republic where they only pay slave-labor wages.

Bullypulpit said:
The employees are paying taxes but the employer enjoys a fat tax abatement to stay there. That's economic blackmail, nothing more...nothing less.

Thanks to this administration's economic policies, it will be more profitable to export those jobs to some third world banana republic where they only pay slave-labor wages.

Hey ignorant f*ck, did you read the article?

It says it all in the headline....

REFINERIES APPEAL TO COUNTY FOR TAX RELIEF
Up to $33 million at stake if properties reassessed

Apparently, they are ALREADY paying taxes. They just don't want a $33million raise in taxes due to a BS reassessment.

Can you read?

Forum List

Back