Big Brother? *SPOILER ALERT!*

One of the most insane things -- as if talking that way on camera weren't crazy enough -- is that they talked that way on camera for a show with an Asian host.

Insulting Helen when they have to face Julie Chen 3 times a week?

I can't even begin to guess what was going on in their pea brains.
It is increasingly obvious that Production has encouraged this kind of behavior for the express purpose of promoting sales of Live Feed subscriptions. And I'm quite sure it's working.

I recall in previous seasons there was a Big Brother After Dark option which one could tune into after midnight. There also was the Live Feed option, which I understand was a failure because Guest behavior was constrained and relatively boring. But it was obvious from the opening scene that this season's Guest behavior will be significantly different. And that is no coincidence.

Big Brother contestant GinaMarie Zimmerman was fired from her day job after making offensive comments on the show, TMZ.com reports.
Zimmerman, who worked as a pageant coordinator with East Coast USA Pageant, Inc., referred to welfare as "n---er insurance." The company said it was shocked Zimmerman could "display such acts of hate and racism."

Big Brother Contestant Aaryn fired from modeling agency for offensive comments
"We have never known this side of GinaMarie or have ever witnessed such acts of racism in the past," the company told the site. "We are actually thankful that this show let us see GinaMarie for who she truly is. We would never want her to be a role model to our future contestants."

The news comes hours after reports that fellow contestant Aaryn Gries had been fired from her modeling agency for her homophobic and racist remarks -- calling a gay houseguest "queer," telling Asian-American Helen to "shut up and go make some rice," and saying, "Be careful what you say in the dark, you might not be able to see that b----," in reference to African-American contestant Candice.
Big Brother Exclusive: Take a look at the new have-not room
In response to the controversy, CBS told TVGuide.com in a statement, "Big Brother is a reality show about watching a group of people who have no privacy 24/7 — and seeing every moment of their lives. At times, the Houseguests reveal prejudices and other beliefs that we do not condone. We certainly find the statements made by several of the Houseguests on the live Internet feed to be offensive. Any views or opinions expressed in personal commentary by a Houseguest appearing on Big Brother, either on any live feed from the House or during the broadcast, are those of the individual(s) speaking and do not represent the views or opinions of CBS or the producers of the program."
Big Brother: Meet the new houseguests!

This isn't the first time a houseguest has been under fire for comments he or she has made. In Season 9, eventual winner Adam Jasinski was fired from the United Autism Foundation for calling the children "*****."

Read more: JokersUpdates.com: BB News & Rumors - About Ginamarie

Here's the text from jokersupdates.com News and rumors.
GinaMarie is a bizarre character, e.g., the hysterical tearless weeping when Nick was booted. I'm not sure whether she is behaving in accordance with Production's encouragement to stimulate Live Feed sales, or if she's actually a screwball, or it's a little of both.

You know, why do I get the feeling that the producers encouraged this kind of stuff?

To breathe life into a show that has already jumped the shark.

Reality TV makes us dumber.
Your suspicions are right on. This season is analogous to the deceptive nature of professional wrestling.

You know, why do I get the feeling that the producers encouraged this kind of stuff?

To breathe life into a show that has already jumped the shark.

Reality TV makes us dumber.
Your suspicions are right on. This season is analogous to the deceptive nature of professional wrestling.

But unlike wrestling, these two uh ladies have to deal with their consequences. I.e. employment. I don't just mean the jobs they lost,I mean their future employment. I almost halfway thought it was just for he show but this crap is there for life.

Well, I am glad to hear those cute little racists are still racists. Damn I would love to be there when they find out how bad they screwed up their lives.

omg. Is anyone here keeping up with the live feeds? I don't get them, myself, but read somewhere else that posts what is going on by those that do. Tonight, Aaryan was asked by Gina Marie if mexicans mowed her lawn and she said "No. Gorillas mow my lawn". And then GM went into the Asian Nail Lady schtick. Amanda is saying how much she hates asian.

Are these people THAT fucking stupid and dumb? The host of the show is Asian. Amanda's parents are getting death threats, Aaryn's family are staying mum and keeping themselves hidden and no telling what GM's family is thinking. All I know is...these people are truly the bottom of the barrel and BB should be ashamed of themselves for keeping this trainwreck going. They should have kicked every one of them out and ended the season early. I swear...I am just gobsmacked.

omg. Is anyone here keeping up with the live feeds? I don't get them, myself, but read somewhere else that posts what is going on by those that do. Tonight, Aaryan was asked by Gina Marie if mexicans mowed her lawn and she said "No. Gorillas mow my lawn". And then GM went into the Asian Nail Lady schtick. Amanda is saying how much she hates asian.

Are these people THAT fucking stupid and dumb? The host of the show is Asian. Amanda's parents are getting death threats, Aaryn's family are staying mum and keeping themselves hidden and no telling what GM's family is thinking. All I know is...these people are truly the bottom of the barrel and BB should be ashamed of themselves for keeping this trainwreck going. They should have kicked every one of them out and ended the season early. I swear...I am just gobsmacked.
Gracie,

Big Brother is the ultimate reality show -- and those people are reality.

Amanda went completely into meltdown mode on poor Elissa this week. Part of it was shown on last night's show.

She got in Elissa's face blowing one of those New Year's Eve horns at her, calling her every name in the book and told her she was going to continue torturing her all week because Elissa put Andy on the block with Aaryn. That means one of Amanda's team is out this week.

Amanda dressed up like an old grannie. Grannie Bubby, with whiteface, black eyes and a whole lot of screaming through the house like the whackjob she is. :lol: On the show, Elissa saw her walking in the room, catching Elissa whispering to other people and she'd get that mean look on her face. At one point, Elissa saw Amanda looking at her with a scowl and she started laughing, spitting her Sprite all over the counter.. She also laughed at Amanda when she was crying about possibly being backdoored.

This had to be the best show of the season.

Aaryn is causing all kinds of trouble, campaigning to stay by telling all of what she has heard from other HGs regarding who they would put on the block if they get HOH. Everyday, she has targeted a different houseguest by telling Amanda some story about that person. We'll see tonight who goes, Aaryn or Andy.

Hope someone who will put Amanda up and send her to jury wins HOH tonight.

Amanda went completely into meltdown mode on poor Elissa this week. Part of it was shown on last night's show.

She got in Elissa's face blowing one of those New Year's Eve horns at her, calling her every name in the book and told her she was going to continue torturing her all week because Elissa put Andy on the block with Aaryn. That means one of Amanda's team is out this week.

Amanda dressed up like an old grannie. Grannie Bubby, with whiteface, black eyes and a whole lot of screaming through the house like the whackjob she is. :lol: On the show, Elissa saw her walking in the room, catching Elissa whispering to other people and she'd get that mean look on her face. At one point, Elissa saw Amanda looking at her with a scowl and she started laughing, spitting her Sprite all over the counter.. She also laughed at Amanda when she was crying about possibly being backdoored.

Aaryn is causing all kinds of trouble, campaigning to stay by telling all of what she has heard from other HGs regarding who they would put on the block if they get HOH. Everyday, she has targeted a different houseguest by telling Amanda some story about that person. We'll see tonight who goes, Aaryn or Andy.

I am partial to Aaryn who is as smart as she is cute. If she doesn't win it's only because the House is dominated by women. If it were men she would have them all in the palm of her hand. She is a real little femme fatale.

Aaryn is disgusting. Hell, all of them are, to be honest. And the asshole bleaching?! Now who in their right minds do such things on live tv??? And I am surprised that BB let this go on. All hg's are wacko. Every damn one of them.

Aaryn is disgusting. Hell, all of them are, to be honest. And the asshole bleaching?! Now who in their right minds do such things on live tv??? And I am surprised that BB let this go on. All hg's are wacko. Every damn one of them.
Asshole bleaching?? What in the world is that about?

Last night's (Thursday 8/29) episode was pre-empted by football, so I didn't see it. So what is with this asshole bleaching you're talking about? Who did that? And to whom? My guess would be Amanda did it to that skinny jerk, McRae.

And who was evicted?

I am partial to Aaryn who is as smart as she is cute. If she doesn't win it's only because the House is dominated by women. If it were men she would have them all in the palm of her hand. She is a real little femme fatale.

Aaryn is racist and it's good that she got booted off. Even though I was hoping that she would stick around and partner with Elissa to help boot Amanda out, I wasn't sad to see her go. I just hope that neither Amanda nor McRae win the HOH, because they both need to go.

I don't like Andy either, the little snitch. Hope he gets the boot after those two.

My boycott didn't last very long.

I kinda got sympathetic for Aaryn. In spite of all the public service announcements against bullying, mean is "in" in American society. People are rewarded for being mean. Comediennes are raunchy and unPC. People like Lisa Lampanelli and Kathy Griffin get paid to act horrid, just two name two people I know from my spectator seat on the sidelines of pop culture. 22-year-old kids are immersed in it these days.

Aaryn got the consequence of her bad talk -- she was sent home by the person who was most upset by that talk. She seemed to learn a lot though. And she's going to learn more in jury house. She's young. She's smart. She has room and ability to grow.

IMHO.

And now I just found a place to watch the live feeds for free and this is shaping up to be the best week of the season. BB Karma is fun.

My boycott didn't last very long.

I kinda got sympathetic for Aaryn. In spite of all the public service announcements against bullying, mean is "in" in American society. People are rewarded for being mean. Comediennes are raunchy and unPC. People like Lisa Lampanelli and Kathy Griffin get paid to act horrid, just two name two people I know from my spectator seat on the sidelines of pop culture. 22-year-old kids are immersed in it these days.

Aaryn got the consequence of her bad talk -- she was sent home by the person who was most upset by that talk. She seemed to learn a lot though. And she's going to learn more in jury house. She's young. She's smart. She has room and ability to grow.

IMHO.

And now I just found a place to watch the live feeds for free and this is shaping up to be the best week of the season. BB Karma is fun.

She also lost her job. It will either make her realize the awfulness of her comments or make her meaner. I think she will get meaner, because people that don't realize that what they say is "mean" or "racist" will only blame others for the consequences they suffer..

As for Griffin and others, they are comedians, they are trying to be funny and whatever they say is to be considered as such, comedy. Ordinary people, when they say racist things aren't funny except to others that think the same way.

Amanda may not be racist, (I can't remember if she said anything racist), but she is just mean and looney. Sane people don't act the way she did against Elissa. I didn't like Elissa at the beginning of the show, but she has shown great restrain in holding back against such crazy talk from Amanda and now, I hope she wins. Of the ones that are left, she, Spencer and Mcrae are the only ones that have been decent, and McRae, for hanging around with Amanda, loses my respect.

Amanda said racist things.

Aaryn seems to adore Helen, and good things could come from Aaryn and Helen and Candice just talking in the jury house without the stress of the game. Part of what Aaryn said was straight out of one particular comedienne's routine. The stuff about Asians and fingernails.

I think she was being a "mean girl" first and the rest was just free association from things in her culture. And Aaryn is 22. Still plenty of room to learn.

Amanda is 28. She doesn't have as much room to learn or recover.

If you think Spencer is one of the decent ones, then may I conclude that you are primarily a show-watcher and don't visit the sites where things which happened on the live feeds are discussed?

Last edited:
Judd seems to be the most thoroughly decent person in the house. Elissa is very nice some of the time, and other times shows a highly honed skill at insulting people, the kind which comes from years of practice. In the house, Elissa circulated a rumor that Amanda had an abortion in order to qualify to come on Big Brother. Amanda's version of the story is that she found out that she was 3 days pregnant when the show doctors examined her but then she miscarried. That's something personal about Amanda which wasn't my business to know, but after Elissa started telling people she had an abortion, Amanda felt compelled to defend herself on that score.

I have come to like Elissa but she brought a lot of flack onto herself.

I also liked McCrae, but now I don't care about him one way or the other.

My current hope for the end of the game is for Judd to be in the Final 2 with either Elissa or GM.

The reason Spencer is still employed is because he has a good union:

His employer's July 6 announcement:

The values represented by Spencer Clawson's comments during the Big Brother show do not at all align with Union Pacific's values. Mr. Clawson is on unpaid leave of absence while participating on Big Brother. Union Pacific does not condone his comments.

Union Pacific is acting in accordance with Collective Bargaining Agreement terms regarding Mr. Clawson.

Their August 7 announcement:

Due to the volume of feedback Union Pacific has received from the public about Spencer Clawson's August 5 comments on the CBS reality show Big Brother 15, the company wants to reiterate that it has taken all the action it can under the Collective Bargaining Agreement until Mr. Clawson is released from the show. Mr. Clawson took an unpaid leave of absence to participate on Big Brother 15. Union Pacific has notified law enforcement of Mr. Clawson's August 5 comments.

I would like to see Judd and Elissa in the final two. But fear it maybe Opie and Spence, the two floaters. I've been thinking all along when Spence kept being put up as the replacement pawn that he's going to keep sitting in the nomination seat all the way to the end. Everyone is so worried about taking out the power players, they are letting two floaters slip on by. Much like season 4 when Jun won. Jun and Alison were the two floaters and floated all the way to the end.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back