Biden’s health czar wants to limit Americans to two beers per week

Liberals, not leftists.

This has nothing to do with the left.

Do you have that on copy/paste? Because you just keep repeating that exact same thing over and over and over again. Seemingly with no rhyme or reason what so ever.

And you're wrong, it's leftists.

So apparent Biden's alcohol czar has recommended that Americans have no more than two beers or equivalent thereof not per hour, per day, but per week.

Okay we can kick around
1) Whether it's the federal government's business how many beers we drink
2) Whether such policy is reasonable
3) Whether a policy like that is enforceable

but. . .
I would pay good money to be a fly on the wall listening in to what the Democrats in Washington are saying privately about that. Especially someone with a reputation like Nancy Pelosi who we suspect has been under the influence now and then when she is speaking publicly. :)

I guess it begs the question. The federal government would like to regulate what kind of car you drive, what kind of stove you cook on, what kind of light bulbs you use, etc. But does anybody think this is a constitutional authority given to the federal government? And should the federal government have any say whatsoever over how much alcohol we consume?

I say this as a teetotaler for some decades now.

KJP didn't want to deal with it when it came up at a White House press briefing.

It's a recommendation, that's all. Means absolutely nothing. All the same, this has been posted at least 3 times already.

Biden has an alcohol czar?

Zone1 - I think the Democrats are trying to start a prohibition against alcohol drinking.

A "recommendation" from Big Brother. And we know it becomes forced on people through various means and methods.

"F" the sons-of-bitches!! I don't drink. But if I did, I'd drink whatever the hell I wanted to. Americans don't need some nanny state poindexter dictating what they can eat, drink, cook on, load with a 30 round mag, or drive. These pieces of dog crap can stick their Draconian ideals up their scrawny asses. If they want to eat bugs and drive electric tricycles … be my guest but leave normal folks alone.

It's a recommendation, that's all. Means absolutely nothing. All the same, this has been posted at least 3 times already.

Zone1 - I think the Democrats are trying to start a prohibition against alcohol drinking.
You'd figure the local Karen would have known this already.

If it means "absolutely nothing" , Biden's stooge shouldn't have said it.

And if he said it otherwise, Biden should have denounced at fired him for this attempted violation of the 21st Amendment that gives people the right to get loaded.

If it means "absolutely nothing" , Biden's stooge shouldn't have said it.

And if he said it otherwise, Biden should have denounced at fired him for this attempted violation of the 21st Amendment that gives people the right to get loaded.
How many lake fish can you eat without being poisoned? The USDA has a recommendation....based on studies in your state....

Etc.....

This new recommendation on alcohol simply replaces the govt's old recommendation....

It's a nothing burger, a mountain made out of a molehill in the right wing media, to get you all excited and angry..... You're being manipulated by 'the handlers' of y'alls emotions.... Step back and look at it all again....you'll see it.

Of course this is nothing I mean it’s not like our government in the past made some recommendations about drinking then made it illegal to drink, sparking a huge crime wave and black marker. It’s totally unheard of that some local governments limit or outright forbid the sell of alcohol in their localities. Nope that would never happen In this Land of the Free. The proper time to show concern for this would be once it’s too late.

Of course this is nothing I mean it’s not like our government in the past made some recommendations about drinking then made it illegal to drink, sparking a huge crime wave and black marker. It’s totally unheard of that some local governments limit or outright forbid the sell of alcohol in their localities. Nope that would never happen In this Land of the Free. The proper time to show concern for this would be once it’s too late.
Well, it's not like we've haven't already learned in a big way, from this mistake in the past.... It won't happen again.

Save the angry meter outrage juice, for something more meaningful than this, is my advice! If the advice is taken, you'll thank me for it, someday! :)

I looked for other threads on this subject when I posted this one and didn't see any. So if there are others sue me. I tried.

My point was not the alcohol recommendation so much as what constitutional authority does the federal government have or should it have to regulate how we must live our lives not only with alcohol but with all aspects of our lives from transportation to fuel to how we light our homes etc. etc.?

It's bad enough at the state level where there are no constitutional restraints. I guess New Yorkers are still limited to 16 oz soft drinks after Mayor Bloomberg made that a policy. What starts out as suggestions or requests can too often become enforceable policy/law.

The government has not only constitutional authority but a duty to pass laws that keep us from cheating, scamming, doing economic violence to each other when such activities transcend state lines or national boundaries and thus cannot be realistically managed by the various states.

But how we live our lives otherwise, what constitutional authority is given to the federal government to regulate that? The 2 beers a week was intended as just one example as a discussion starter.

And I couldn't resist taking a poke at lawmakers who seem to want to regulate every aspect of our lives when they get a recommendation
like we should be like Canada and limit ourselves to two beers a week. I doubt many would want to give up their one to three glasses of wine at lunch or dinner.

(I wonder how many Canadians are taking that recommendation to heart?)

I looked for other threads on this subject when I posted this one and didn't see any. So if there are others sue me. I tried.

My point was not the alcohol recommendation so much as what constitutional authority does the federal government have or should it have to regulate how we must live our lives not only with alcohol but with all aspects of our lives from transportation to fuel to how we light our homes etc. etc.?

It's bad enough at the state level where there are no constitutional restraints. I guess New Yorkers are still limited to 16 oz soft drinks after Mayor Bloomberg made that a policy. What starts out as suggestions or requests can too often become enforceable policy/law.

The government has not only constitutional authority but a duty to pass laws that keep us from cheating, scamming, doing economic violence to each other when such activities transcend state lines or national boundaries and thus cannot be realistically managed by the various states.

But how we live our lives otherwise, what constitutional authority is given to the federal government to regulate that? The 2 beers a week was intended as just one example as a discussion starter.

And I couldn't resist taking a poke at lawmakers who seem to want to regulate every aspect of our lives when they get a recommendation
like we should be like Canada and limit ourselves to two beers a week. I doubt many would want to give up their one to three glasses of wine at lunch or dinner.

In so many things
Did you get this upset when a similar recommendation was made in 2019 when your god was President?

Like the Gas Stove BS recommendation path you led us down? You’re nothing but a trouble-making GOVT shill. Spouting pro-Commee horsebleep pro-Obiden BS 24-7.

get off the boards dumb leech.

Did you get this upset when a similar recommendation was made in 2019 when your god was President?
What...no comment from the OP? Shocking!

January 2018...

1693487562793.png

Break out the scalpels losers...it’s time to split hairs.

Well, it's not like we've haven't already learned in a big way, from this mistake in the past.... It won't happen again.

Save the angry meter outrage juice, for something more meaningful than this, is my advice! If the advice is taken, you'll thank me for it, someday! :)
Really, we learned our lesson? I would say the failed war on drugs proves not only have we not learned our lesson, our government actually enjoys making the same mistakes over and over when telling citizens how to live. It is always just a recommendation until laws get pas mandating behavior

Like the Gas Stove BS recommendation path you led us down? You’re nothing but a trouble-making GOVT shill. Spouting pro-Commee horsebleep pro-Obiden BS 24-7.

get off the boards dumb leech.
Burn it baby.

Dude, you need to go back to burning coal to heat your house.

Forum List

Back