Biden has an alcohol czar?

Hear, hear.

Hopefully not Bud Light.

I both absolutely agree with you on "the experts" and how little we still understand about the human body and genetics.

But at the same time, while not a mandate, this suggestion of "two drinks a week" stands in stark extremity to other past would-be dictates.

And after COVID, we all must acknowledge that "the experts" propensity for mandates and control certainly exists....in abundance.
Most dietary recommendations often momentarily irritate me, but not for long. Whether government or private, most of the "expert" don't seem to be longer lived, while often have access to healthcare, far above the average. So, take it all with a grain of salt, unless the "Salt Czar" is standing with the "Alcohol Czar" while you are trying to enjoy multiple margaritas. I suspect, you would have little problem, getting them kicked out of the bar, especially if surrounded by southern patrons.

So I read this article about the US alcohol czar wanting to set guidelines to match those of Canada for people to only have two beers a week.

Once I read this, my head began to explode.

First of all, I had no idea Biden had an alcohol czar, did any of you?

Here is a long list of czars within the US government.

Upon investigation, there are a myriad of other czars like the Asian carp czar, the bank bailout czar, a birth control czar, a border czar (obviously a drunk and never showed up for work one day in his life whoever it is), a car czar, a cleanup czar, a censorship czar (someone who obviously pulls triple shifts 24/7), and the list goes on forever. In fact, there seems to be a czar for everything except a cocaine czar for the White House.

Secondly, I had no idea Canada set guidelines for people to only have two beers a week.

Really? Why? It's not like they are laws.

This is the crap government spends trillions of dollars on, as well as Canada it seems.

It is so out of control, none of us ever realize just how out of control it really is.

Maybe that's what's wrong with Biden, he's already had an alcohol czar. It's not dementia after all.

This whole “Czar” thing was a brainchild of our old fag buddy, Obama. Talk about “Russian Collusion.”
The earliest known use of the term Czar for a U.S. government official was in the administration of Franklin Roosevelt (1933–1945).

I'm just socially unacceptable, as there is usually a case in the beverage fridge. Try not to get to excited when the expert dejure, turn out to be the same one loved by your side for years. The rest of us normal people, take all the suggestions on how to eat, drink and live by the "experts" with a big grain of salt. You figuring the is going to be a change in the sales of the beer industry? No. How about a change at your local bar? They going to do a two beer maximum per customer and simply go out of business? No. Is this thread and the other one yesterday just something for the piss pot whiner partisans to whine about. When was the last time you actually changed your habits, based on what some "expert" said, in a random article? Never, or rarely? If you really are a "Thinker" who took the 101 course in "thinking" these things don't upset you much. If not a Thinker", you are screwed anyway, and everybody around you already knows it.
No kidding, you feel Democrats care about running anyone out of business? They are all about control, wear a mask, drive an EV (and only charge at select times), only two beers, don't use a straw, take your guns, gas ovens, air conditioners, ceiling fans, light bulbs, and I'm sure many more on the way.

No kidding, you feel Democrats care about running anyone out of business? They are all about control, wear a mask, drive an EV (and only charge at select times), only two beers, don't use a straw, take your guns, gas ovens, air conditioners, ceiling fans, light bulbs, and I'm sure many more on the way.
If your bar is having to close, it is probably because you run a lousy bar, not because of Democrats being in office. Have you used a straw in the last week? Anybody took your guns? My gas grille is fine, safe and secure, air con still safe and sound, ceiling fans are fine, of course I don't have any that are 8 ft to 24 ft, as the board was excited about yesterday. The light bulb thing worked out pretty well, as we are saving a ton over the incandescent we used to use and replace far more regularly. I'm just not a good "Team Irate" player. I just can't get too upset over most of the BS, you guys love to get excited about, so I just live well, instead. Good luck with that "sky is falling" mentality thing.

If your bar is having to close, it is probably because you run a lousy bar, not because of Democrats being in office.

Not true.

In multiple blue states small businesses, including bars, were shut down due to COVID for months on end.

And when they were permitted to re-open, it was under the auspices of limited capacity for would-be customers - along with the implementation of plexi glass dividers to (non-scientifically) "slow the spread."

Maybe you should reconsider your Worldview in 2023 if you think you're on the side of freedom of commerce.

How you didn't already know this is beyond me.

Not true.

In multiple blue states small businesses, including bars, were shut down due to COVID for months on end.

And when they were permitted to re-open, it was under the auspices of limited capacity for would-be customers - along with the implementation of plexi glass dividers to (non-scientifically) "slow the spread."

Maybe you should reconsider your Worldview in 2023 if you think you're on the side of freedom of commerce.

The lefties know ... but they don't want to know. Living in a fantasy land is cozy and warm.

Not true.

Are those emergency measures still in place, where you lived. Mostly never implemented here. You still got plexi glass dividers? I guess my world view is affected by what I see in reality, more than what I read on here.

You must get bounced around like a ping pong ball where you live, from one expert opinion to the next all put into effect. It must suck living there. You should move to a normal part of the country.

Are those emergency measures still in place, where you lived.

Those unconstitutional commie dictates should have never been implemented in the first place.

Pure authoritarianism where the state shut down the rights of the bourgeois while allowing the big corporations to collude with government to run the table.

Because communism.

Those unconstitutional commie dictates should have never been implemented in the first place.

Pure authoritarianism where the state shut down the rights of the bourgeois while allowing the big corporations to collude with government to run the table.

Because communism.
Get a grip. So the Koop guy, you never heard of until this week, said the scientific community and the government might have to make it a recommedation, that beer intake, be kept to 2 beers a week, and you get all upset? I guess you are still all upset over seatbelts, too? There is a difference though, or don't you realize? Beer is a $331 Billion Dollar plus industry, the brewers and importer, employing about, 67,600 people, the distributors another 141,700 plus people. With prohibition already tried and failed, leading to massive criminal enterprises, the legacies of we still dealing, it will not be tried again. So don't worry your purty lil head about it ma'am.

Forum List

Back