Biden vows to ban assault weapons 'come hell or high water'

Then why are you commenting on gun control, dumbass?
Because I want too. Duh.

Is everyone in these forums a subject matter expert on every topic? Are you?

My lack of knowledge has nothing to do with Trump's plan to take guns first and bypass the courts.

You are conspicuously ignoring that.

If I laid these challenges once, I laid them a thousand times:

-Please explain to the class why you think a ban - federal or state - on 'assault weapons' will survive the inevitable trip to the USSC.
-Please explain to us how 'assault weapons' do not fall under the umbrella of "all bearable arms".

As many times as these challenges have been laid, there has been exactly zero meaningful response.
I can do that.

1. It might not, but legislators and Presidents are not in the habit of limiting their laws and EOs to only those who are certain to survive judicial review.

2. They do, but laws are not absolute. Even Constitutional Amendments have been regulated many times, especially when they conflict with public safety.

The trick, of course, is in the term "assault weapons." Because it has no clear definition, the first thing the proposed bill must do is define which weapons are covered, and if they can demonstrate that the ones covered are a significant danger, they not only can limit them, they should.

Which means it's up to them. If they say "all semi-automatic rifles," I imagine they'll lose.

Even Constitutional Amendments have been regulated many times, especially when they conflict with public safety.
The trick, of course, is in the term "assault weapons." Because it has no clear definition, the first thing the proposed bill must do is define which weapons are covered, and if they can demonstrate that the ones covered are a significant danger, they not only can limit them, they should.
The USSC tossed means-end scrutiny out the window in Bruen.

Current standard:
....when the Second Amendment’s plain text covers an individual’s conduct, the Constitution presumptively protects that conduct, and to justify a firearm regulation the government must demonstrate that the regulation is consistent with the Nation’s historical tradition of firearm regulation.

The ownership and use of all "bearable arms " - those in common use for traditionally legal purposes - is covered by the plain text of the 2nd; for as ban on a given group of firerasrms to pass constitutional muster, the state must demonstrate one of thwo tings;
1: It is not a "bearable arm" and therefore not covered by the plain text of the 2nd
2: Nation’s historical tradition of firearm regulation supports the prohibition of ownership of said group of firearms by the citizenry.

Given there are someting like 20,000,000 AR-type firearms alone in the US, and the national historical tradition of firearms regulations in the US, which do you believe the federal government can prove, and why?

It's been -- 4 -- days.
Just ONE person stepped up to the plate.
Swung and missed, but at least he tried.

So... again...
-Please explain to the class why you think a ban - federal or state - on 'assault weapons' will survive the inevitable trip to the USSC.
-Please explain to us how 'assault weapons' do not fall under the umbrella of "all bearable arms".

Anyone?

Last edited:
It's been -- 5 -- days.

So... again...

Anyone?
Anyone?

Last edited:
If I laid these challenges once, I laid them a thousand times:

As many times as these challenges have been laid, there has been exactly zero meaningful response.
Hell then.

It's been -- 6 -- days.

So... again...

Anyone?
Anyone?

It's been -- 6 -- days.

So... again...

Anyone?
Anyone?
Democrats pack the SCOTUS ?

It's been -- 7 -- days.

So... again...

Anyone?
Anyone?

It's been -- 15 -- days.

So... again...

Anyone?
Anyone?

It's been -- 15 -- days.

So... again...

Anyone?
Anyone?
I identify as a Collector / Builder / Shooter of Military & Military Style Firearms of the Second half of the 20th Century and have a California CCW ( Not a prohibited Person ) thus I’m a member of an “ Alternative Lifestyle “ and deserving of special rights & protections ...

It's been -- 18 -- days.

So... again...

Anyone?
Anyone?

It's been -- 18 -- days.

So... again...

Anyone?
Anyone?
Please tell us how you feel about abortion ?

Forum List

Back