Biden: U.S. won't play favorites between Israelis, Palestinians

As just about everything else posted from the pro arab terrorists here it's more lies.

The USS Liberty was an accident.

It was an american spy ship that was on the Egyptian coast at time of an active war.

Israel mistook it for an Egyptian ship and attacked it.

At least five US government investigations all ruled it was an accident.

In fact, the conversation of the Israeli pilots were picked up by a US spy plane and the transcript was released confirming it was an accident.

Does it keep the arab terrorist supporter posters from perpetuating the lie? Nooooooooooooooooooo.

The USS Liberty Attack

Official reports related to the Liberty incident (a sampling, selected from A. Jay Cristol's book The Liberty Incident - uncited statements in quotation marks are from the reports)
U.S. Reports
U.S. Navy Court of Inquiry, June 18, 1967
" Available evidence combines to indicate the attack on the Liberty on 8 June was in fact a case of mistaken identity."

CIA Report, June 13, 1967
The attack was a mistake. In 1978, in a response to an inquiry, Director of Central Intelligence Stansfield Turner wrote: "It remains our best judgment that the Israeli attack on the U.S.S. Liberty was not made in malice toward the United States and was a mistake."

Joint Chiefs of Staff, Russ Report, June 9-20, 1967 General Russ did not make any findings about the actual attack. The report compiled all message traffic and contains no evidence that the attack was not a mistake.

Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board, Clifford Report, July 18, 1967
"The information thus far available does not reflect that the Israeli high command made a premeditated attack on a ship known to be American…. "

National Security Agency, 1981
"Liberty was mistaken for an Egyptian ship as a result of miscalculation and egregious errors."

Israeli Report
Ram Ron Commission of Inquiry, June 16, 1967
"[T]he attack on the ship by the Israeli Defense Forces was made neither maliciously nor in gross negligence, but as a result of a bona fide mistake."

The article about the NSA transcripts

Memos show Liberty attack was an error - Haaretz - Israel News

The documents, originally defined as top secret, were made public by Florida Judge Jay Cristol, who has been investigating the Liberty incident for years and published a book on the subject last year. On Monday, the NSA gave him a transcript of conversations held by two Israeli Air Force helicopter pilots who were hovering over the Liberty after it was hit, and these tapes confirm Israel's claim that the attack on the ship, which killed 34 American servicemen and wounded 171, was a tragic error.

After the Liberty was bombed by both the Israel Air Force and the Israel Navy, the two helicopter pilots were summoned from their base to assess the damage and evaluate the possibility of rescuing the surviving crew members. An American spy plane, which had been sent to the area as soon as the NSA learned of the attack, recorded their conversations, which took place between 2:30 and 3:37 P.M. on June 8, the third day of the war.

The spy plane also recorded the orders radioed to the pilots by their supervisor at Hatzor Base, which instructed them to search for Egyptian survivors from the "Egyptian warship" that had just been bombed - thus supporting Israel's claim that it had believed the ship was Egyptian when it ordered it attacked. "Pay attention. The ship is now identified as Egyptian," the pilots were told.

Nine minutes later, Hatzor informed the pilots that it was not an Egyptian warship, but an Egyptian cargo ship. Only at 3:07 were the pilots first informed that the ship might not have been Egyptian at all: Hatzor told them that if they found Arabic-speaking survivors, they should be taken to El-Arish, but if they found English-speaking survivors, they should be taken to Lod. "Clarify by the first man that you bring up, what nationality he is, and report to me immediately," the supervisor instructed, according to the transcript. "It's important to know."

Then, at 3:12, one of the pilots informed Hatzor that he saw an American flag flying over the wounded ship. He was asked to investigate and determine whether it was really an American ship.

This is not the first time such transcripts have been made public: Israel gave its own recordings of the pilots' conversations to the British television station Thames in 1987. But conspiracy theorists charged that Israel had doctored the tapes before handing them over to the station in order to hide the fact that it struck at the Liberty intentionally. No such imputation can be made about these new transcripts, as they were never in Israeli hands.

Israel has always said it attacked the Liberty, which America sent to the region to gather intelligence on the progress of the war, because it believed it was an Egyptian supply ship ferrying supplies to the Egyptian troops that Israel was then fighting. When it discovered the error, it immediately informed the Americans, apologized and paid compensation to the victims' families.

The incident was investigated by inquiry commissions in both Israel and the United States, and both concluded that it had, indeed, been a tragic error. Nevertheless, the controversy never died. In 1979, one of the survivors, James Ennes, published a book accusing Israel of bombing the American ship deliberately. Ennes claimed an Israeli spy plane had hovered over the ship all morning and had surely identified it as American, since the American flag was clearly visible. A later book, written by James Bamford, charged that Israel hit the ship in order to keep America from learning of its plans to attack Syria, and further claimed that the NSA had tapes of conversations among Israeli pilots that not only confirmed this, but also proved that the tapes released by Israel had been doctored.

Another claim that appears frequently on the dozens of Internet sites devoted to the affair is that Israel hit the ship to conceal a mass murder of Egyptian soldiers on the Sinai peninsula.

In its letter to Cristol, the NSA stressed that, contrary to the claims that often appear in such books and Web sites - that the agency has tapes from both the Liberty and from a nearby American submarine that confirm Israel's guilt - the only tapes that exist were those made by the spy plane and given to Cristol this week.

"It's the last piece of intelligence that remained classified, and every rational person that will read it will understand that there is no truth in these conspiracy theories against Israel," Cristol said yesterday. But he added: "Those who hate Israel, who hate Jews, and those who believe in conspiracy will not be convinced by anything."

Last edited:
i dont give a flying fuck which one was a state...which one is claiming to be an ally...(uss liberty) so on and so forth...

i am sick of paying both sides for a peace neither side wants...where is the profit in peace?

yah...ok.

cause israel never made peace with any states, right?

they're just not going to die for pals.

oh no... the horror.

oh I KNOW! good thing dirty fucking goyim are not as human as good jews are, eh Jill? Who needs to die for peace and humanity when it's not jews at stake?

:ahole-1:

no they don't, you stupid jew. they blindly support jews because jesus was jewish and they've read the bible. Fear (for ones salvation) has a way of molding such support.

probably the best unintentional investment your kind has ever made.

Go back to sleep, stoner.

:rofl:

yea.. that's pretty much what I thought, killer. go pour another driveway, parasite.

:ahole-1:

I have no dog in this fight between Israel and Palestine over boundaries at all. My only gripe is that we continue to send billions in foreign aid to Israel, which is a well-established wealthy country and doesn't need our financial assistance. And it's already a given that if Israel starts lobbing warheads at Iran, the good ol' USofA will have to do the heavy lifting.

http://www.levitt.com/newsletters/2010-01.pdf

Marc39 said:
Palestinians are terrorists not deserving of US foreign aid. That said, Sheikh Hussein Obama just sent those criminals a $500 million check, which no doubt will be squandered.

You're just so clever I can hardly stand it. Grow up, would ya?

Interesting position considering that Israel is an ally. Israel is a legally established state and the PA is a terrorist insurgency. How hard is that for people to understand?

If it were that simple, then the US has never had any business trying to "broker" a deal in the first place. It's obvious to anyone even slightly interested in this long conflict that the US heavily favors Israel to whom we give billions annually in foreign aid (no questions asked), and a pittance in foreign aid to Palestine (which has to account for every dime). US involvement in "peace talks" has always been a joke, in my opinion.

That's because Israel is an ally, the arab leadership are actual terrorists.

List of Hamas suicide attacks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The US should take sides.

I have no dog in this fight between Israel and Palestine over boundaries at all. My only gripe is that we continue to send billions in foreign aid to Israel, which is a well-established wealthy country and doesn't need our financial assistance. And it's already a given that if Israel starts lobbing warheads at Iran, the good ol' USofA will have to do the heavy lifting.

http://www.levitt.com/newsletters/2010-01.pdf

Actually Israel saved US' ass when Israel bombed Iraqi's nuclear facility in 1981. The US along with the rest of the world condemned Israel.:cuckoo:

If Israel didn't bomb the facility then Hussein would have had actual nuclear weapons. Wouldn't that be peachy.

Marc39 said:
Palestinians are terrorists not deserving of US foreign aid. That said, Sheikh Hussein Obama just sent those criminals a $500 million check, which no doubt will be squandered.

You're just so clever I can hardly stand it. Grow up, would ya?

Cleverness is unnecessary in order to demolish you.

Maggie,

Though Israel is better-off financially than its mid-east neighbours, i would hardly chracterize it as "wealthy" - i would know. i've lived there most of my life, and my parents still do. the fact is israel DOES need US financial aid. for the last few decades, us financial assistance is one of the main reasons israel has managed to maintain its military superiority to its neighbor states, arguably the main reason it is still here.....

Actually Israel saved US' ass when Israel bombed Iraqi's nuclear facility in 1981. The US along with the rest of the world condemned Israel.:cuckoo:

If Israel didn't bomb the facility then Hussein would have had actual nuclear weapons. Wouldn't that be peachy.

don't forget the syrian nuclear facility, no longer a threat thanks to Israel's AF...

Maggie,

Though Israel is better-off financially than its mid-east neighbours, i would hardly chracterize it as "wealthy" - i would know. i've lived there most of my life, and my parents still do. the fact is israel DOES need US financial aid. for the last few decades, us financial assistance is one of the main reasons israel has managed to maintain its military superiority to its neighbor states, arguably the main reason it is still here.....

Israel has been on the mooch since before its inception.

What? Public statements by American government agencies that portray Israel positively? Surely, you're pulling my leg! :lol:

The Liberty and her crew were abandoned by the US government for the sake of Israel.

"The evidence was clear. Both Admiral Kidd and I believed with certainty that this attack, which killed 34 American sailors and injured 172 others, was a deliberate effort to sink an American ship and murder its entire crew. Each evening, after hearing testimony all day, we often spoke our private thoughts concerning what we had seen and heard. I recall Admiral Kidd repeatedly referring to the Israeli forces responsible for the attack as 'murderous bastards.' It was our shared belief, based on the documentary evidence and testimony we received first hand, that the Israeli attack was planned and deliberate, and could not possibly have been an accident." - Captain Ward Boston (USN), JAGC, senior counsel for the Court of Inquiry, 2002.

"I was never satisfied with the Israeli explanation. Their sustained attack to disable and sink Liberty precluded an assault by accident or some trigger-happy local commander. Through diplomatic channels we refused to accept their explanations. I didn't believe them then, and I don't believe them to this day. The attack was outrageous." - Dean Rusk, then-Secretary of State, 1990.

"The ship was clearly identified, not only by its unique configuration but by a very large U.S. flag that was flown at the time. The weather was calm and the visibility was excellent. During this unprovoked attack 34 U.S. Navy men were killed and 171 wounded. Nevertheless, to this day the American public does not know why the attack took place and who was involved overall. In my opinion, the United States government and the Israeli government must share responsibility for this cover-up. I cannot accept the claim by the Israelis that this was a case of mistaken identity. I have flown for years in both peace and war on surveillance flights over the ocean, and my opinion is supported by a full career of locating and identifying ships at sea. Based on the way this tragedy was handled both in the United States and in Israel, one must conclude that there is much information that has not been made available to the public." - Admiral Thomas H. Moorer (USN, Ret.)​

As just about everything else posted from the pro arab terrorists here it's more lies.

It was an american spy ship that was on the Egyptian coast at time of an active war.

In fact, the conversation of the Israeli pilots were picked up by a US spy plane and the transcript was released confirming it was an accident.

Does it keep the arab terrorist supporter posters from perpetuating the lie? Nooooooooooooooooooo.

The USS Liberty Attack

Official reports related to the Liberty incident (a sampling, selected from A. Jay Cristol's book The Liberty Incident - uncited statements in quotation marks are from the reports)
U.S. Reports
" Available evidence combines to indicate the attack on the Liberty on 8 June was in fact a case of mistaken identity."

The attack was a mistake. In 1978, in a response to an inquiry, Director of Central Intelligence Stansfield Turner wrote: "It remains our best judgment that the Israeli attack on the U.S.S. Liberty was not made in malice toward the United States and was a mistake."

Joint Chiefs of Staff, Russ Report, June 9-20, 1967 General Russ did not make any findings about the actual attack. The report compiled all message traffic and contains no evidence that the attack was not a mistake.

"The information thus far available does not reflect that the Israeli high command made a premeditated attack on a ship known to be American…. "

"Liberty was mistaken for an Egyptian ship as a result of miscalculation and egregious errors."

Israeli Report
"[T]he attack on the ship by the Israeli Defense Forces was made neither maliciously nor in gross negligence, but as a result of a bona fide mistake."

The documents, originally defined as top secret, were made public by Florida Judge Jay Cristol, who has been investigating the Liberty incident for years and published a book on the subject last year. On Monday, the NSA gave him a transcript of conversations held by two Israeli Air Force helicopter pilots who were hovering over the Liberty after it was hit, and these tapes confirm Israel's claim that the attack on the ship, which killed 34 American servicemen and wounded 171, was a tragic error.

After the Liberty was bombed by both the Israel Air Force and the Israel Navy, the two helicopter pilots were summoned from their base to assess the damage and evaluate the possibility of rescuing the surviving crew members. An American spy plane, which had been sent to the area as soon as the NSA learned of the attack, recorded their conversations, which took place between 2:30 and 3:37 P.M. on June 8, the third day of the war.

The spy plane also recorded the orders radioed to the pilots by their supervisor at Hatzor Base, which instructed them to search for Egyptian survivors from the "Egyptian warship" that had just been bombed - thus supporting Israel's claim that it had believed the ship was Egyptian when it ordered it attacked. "Pay attention. The ship is now identified as Egyptian," the pilots were told.

Nine minutes later, Hatzor informed the pilots that it was not an Egyptian warship, but an Egyptian cargo ship. Only at 3:07 were the pilots first informed that the ship might not have been Egyptian at all: Hatzor told them that if they found Arabic-speaking survivors, they should be taken to El-Arish, but if they found English-speaking survivors, they should be taken to Lod. "Clarify by the first man that you bring up, what nationality he is, and report to me immediately," the supervisor instructed, according to the transcript. "It's important to know."

Then, at 3:12, one of the pilots informed Hatzor that he saw an American flag flying over the wounded ship. He was asked to investigate and determine whether it was really an American ship.

This is not the first time such transcripts have been made public: Israel gave its own recordings of the pilots' conversations to the British television station Thames in 1987. But conspiracy theorists charged that Israel had doctored the tapes before handing them over to the station in order to hide the fact that it struck at the Liberty intentionally. No such imputation can be made about these new transcripts, as they were never in Israeli hands.

Israel has always said it attacked the Liberty, which America sent to the region to gather intelligence on the progress of the war, because it believed it was an Egyptian supply ship ferrying supplies to the Egyptian troops that Israel was then fighting. When it discovered the error, it immediately informed the Americans, apologized and paid compensation to the victims' families.

The incident was investigated by inquiry commissions in both Israel and the United States, and both concluded that it had, indeed, been a tragic error. Nevertheless, the controversy never died. In 1979, one of the survivors, James Ennes, published a book accusing Israel of bombing the American ship deliberately. Ennes claimed an Israeli spy plane had hovered over the ship all morning and had surely identified it as American, since the American flag was clearly visible. A later book, written by James Bamford, charged that Israel hit the ship in order to keep America from learning of its plans to attack Syria, and further claimed that the NSA had tapes of conversations among Israeli pilots that not only confirmed this, but also proved that the tapes released by Israel had been doctored.

Another claim that appears frequently on the dozens of Internet sites devoted to the affair is that Israel hit the ship to conceal a mass murder of Egyptian soldiers on the Sinai peninsula.

In its letter to Cristol, the NSA stressed that, contrary to the claims that often appear in such books and Web sites - that the agency has tapes from both the Liberty and from a nearby American submarine that confirm Israel's guilt - the only tapes that exist were those made by the spy plane and given to Cristol this week.

"It's the last piece of intelligence that remained classified, and every rational person that will read it will understand that there is no truth in these conspiracy theories against Israel," Cristol said yesterday. But he added: "Those who hate Israel, who hate Jews, and those who believe in conspiracy will not be convinced by anything."

The USS Liberty had the most distinct profile in the world. It would be like mistaking an airplane for a house.

From GHook via rep:
Fuck you sand N#GGER!

Thank you for admitting that I'm correct. If you're going to call me that, though, grow a pair and write "******" instead of hiding behind self-censorship like a cowardly Zionist. :lol:

You can't win because the truth is not on your side.

This is the actual declassified transcript of a US spy plane that caught the conversations between the Israeli pilots.

On Page 2 the Israeli pilots are talking and they clearly thought it was an Egyptian plane.

Also, on Page 1, when the Israelis found out it was an American ship, they were the first ones to send helicopters to help the americans.

http://www.fas.org/irp/nsa/liberty.pdf

Once again these conversations of the Israeli pilots were picked up an American spy plane.

us financial assistance is one of the main reasons israel has managed to maintain its military superiority to its neighbor states, arguably the main reason it is still here.....

Thank you for admitting this. Rest assured, the plug will eventually be pulled.

The USS Liberty Attack

U.S. Reports

Israeli Report

The USS Liberty had the most distinct profile in the world. It would be like mistaking an airplane for a house.

Wrong. There were high waves at the time, and the flag could not be seen.

You can't win because the truth is not on your side.
Frankly, I think that attempting to substantiate your silly assertions with government propaganda is an insult to everyone's intelligence.

This is the actual declassified transcript of a US spy plane that caught the conversations between the Israeli pilots.
:lol:

Fascinating. Tell me about the two transcripts that the NSA decided not to release to the public.

Forum List

Back