Biden just pledged to shut down 60% of America’s electric power

I told you my opinion of nuclear power. It didn't fit with your broad brush stereotype of people you disagree with so you made up something about what I might do in the future.

Again. You don't know what you are talking about.
Yes, but would break with the green masters on the left who nix nuclear power?

I hope so, but I dont think you will

these technologies should develop as we get better at building them.

Do think we should not even attempt to develop these technologies? I do agree we should not cripple ourselves going from coal to wind, solar, possibly nuclear, and and down the road maybe hydrogen fusion.
We have been developing these technologies forever. In the last 50 years with the greatest computing power man has ever known.

The sun is weak, the wind is weak. Now the technology is build it bigger and millions more at a cost of $100 trillion dollars.

Electricity should be 200% nuclear.

Coal to manufacture steel, computer chips, or whatever else is needed.

Oil, we need for the chemicals at the least.

Why waste resources on what has already failed.

Why make taxpayers pay for what the private sector has always built.

This is a Tesla battery.

To manufacture it you need:

12 tonnes of rock for Lithium
5 tons of Cobalt minerals
3 tons of mineral for nickel
12 tons of copper ore

Move 250 tons of soil to obtain:
12 kg of Lithium
30 pounds of nickels
22 kg of manganese
15 pounds of Cobalt
100 Kg of rams
200 kg of aluminum, steel and plastic.

The Caterpillar 994A used for earthmoving consumes 1000 liters of diesel in 12 hours.

Finally you get a “zero emissions” car.

Biggest money making scam in history.

1702659283729.png

Renewable, wind and solar don't work at night, they both work less in winter, being very inefficient you must build thousands of times more.

You will spend more for less
There is no wind at night?

Actually with a proper mix you should have no problems...

Ireland is high on Wind and dumps power at night... They are looking for storage solutions...

There is no wind at night?

Actually with a proper mix you should have no problems...

Ireland is high on Wind and dumps power at night... They are looking for storage solutions...
How about that…. The Luddites are full of shit

That was explained in the linked article within the OP.
Apparently you like the scientific and technical knowledge to understand that.

You fail numb-nuts.
My bad for fail to proof read.

That should have been;
"Apparently you LACK the scientific and technical knowledge to understand that."

Sure they are

Wind is much less at night then day time.
Power Consumption in the night is far less, Wind power is generally dumped at night... They are looking at solutions to store it and use it during the day... The drop in wind is pretty much insignificant compared to the drop in demand...

This is not opinion, this is what happens in countries with significant amount of wind turbines...

Power Consumption in the night is far less, Wind power is generally dumped at night... They are looking at solutions to store it and use it during the day... The drop in wind is pretty much insignificant compared to the drop in demand...

This is not opinion, this is what happens in countries with significant amount of wind turbines...
Either way, wind does not blow as much at night and there is no solar.

There will never be significant storage

Wind power is inefficient

Wind power is extremely expensive

Wind power uses a disproportionate amount of natural resources compared to the little electricity it provides

Wind turbines have a short lifespan.

Either way, wind does not blow as much at night and there is no solar.
Insignificant Compared to the drop in usage.
There will never be significant storage
Storage is as simple as pumpung up to a dam and taking back again
Wind power is inefficient
It maybe now but it is also free and abundant.
Wind power is extremely expensive
Nope... ROI on Wind Turbines is about 7 years...
Wind power uses a disproportionate amount of natural resources compared to the little electricity it provides
Expalin that... If you are talking about killing birds, it is only a fraction as many as are killed by house cats, buildings, or even the fossil fuel operations that wind farms replace.
Wind turbines have a short lifespan.
The blades ast up to 25 years comfortably but if well maintained have gone as far as 35 years..

The small problem is Europe are already doing this. Wind is cheaper than Fossil now.

But here is the real kicker, this shows you how wrong you are on the cost Europe last winter brought out windfall taxes on renewable energy. They were making so much money because the high price of energy, they gave them an extra tax and used that money to give to their consumers
Effectively Wind Farms were subsidising fossil fuels who could not compete on price.

Insignificant Compared to the drop in usage.
Solar and wind do not produce at night and that is insignificant? That is when homes need the most electricity.

Yes, commercial business is mostly shutdown but wind and solar do not supply commercial or industry.

Industry, much industry requires 24/7 power. There are many processes that can not be interrupted. The idea that electricity usage at night is insignificant is simply a flippant opinion stated off the top of cowboy's head.

Further, with electric car charging, heating, and air conditioning homes, we very much need a significant amount of power at night.

.Storage is as simple as pumpung up to a dam and taking back again
Dams do provide us power, now. A nice carefully regulated system that considers irrigation downstream for farmers. Drinking water for people. And water for fish.

A dam's power is already being used and sold. Most dams are at full capacity.

Most good sites for dams are used.

Where will you get the water to pump? All the water is used.

If the wind or solar is pumping water for dams (hahaha) then what will provide us electricity during the day.

I get it, in your imagination wind and solar can d I what they can't do anywhere today or in the world.

Wind and solar left England with no electricity for weeks. On multiple occasions. German industry is dying. And you think we can use a dam?

At the least the proposal is to destroy rivers farmland plains fields streams, for wind and solar which have failed

It maybe now but it is also free and abundant.

Nope... ROI on Wind Turbines is about 7 years...
Free and abundant, JUST LIKE OIL AND COAL. We just need to buy millions of solar panels and wind turbines and then destroy 100's of millions of acres of land. Other than that, it is free.

Return on investment is 7 years, so after the CEO's take million dollar bonuses from the government subsidies, after all the major investors are paid off with government subsidies, then it still takes another 7 years to pay off the solar and wind.

elektra said:

Expalin that... If you are talking about killing birds, it is only a fraction as many as are killed by house cats, buildings, or even the fossil fuel operations that wind farms replace.
You seriously think, "natural resources" are sparrows?

Either way I love this argument. It is something not proven. How many birds killed by cats and buildings.

I had a cat for 7 years and never once did it kill a hawk or eagle.

Buildings, hawks and eagles are not flying into buildings.

Look up natural resources, it is ridiculous that they must be explained.

Forum List

Back