Biden:Human life begins at conception

We have a separation of church and state in this country, a large majority of people against abortion do so on religious grounds, not following the science. You can't compare a conscience human murdering another conscious human to a women aborting a fetus that leeches off of her body. It's a women's personal medical decision.

You can't tell me what I believe is murder.
I never said that, I said you can't compare the two. Almost all abortions are done before the period when scientists say a fetus could be feeling pain.

There's that "almost" again. Then there's the "probably".
Want the numbers?

In 2011, 730,322 legal induced abortions were reported to CDC from 49 reporting areas. The abortion rate was 13.9 abortions per 1,000 women aged 15–44 years and the abortion ratio was 219 abortions per 1,000 live births.

Compared with 2010, the total number and rate of reported abortions for 2011 decreased 5%, and the abortion ratio decreased 4%. Additionally, from 2002 to 2011 the number, rate, and ratio of reported abortions decreased 13%, 14%, and 12%, respectively. The large decreases in the total number, rate, and ratio of reported abortions from 2010 to 2011, in combination with decreases that occurred during 2008–2010, resulted in historic lows for all three measures of abortion.

Women in their twenties accounted for the majority of abortions in 2011 and throughout the period of analysis. The majority of abortions in 2011 took place early in gestation. In 2011, most abortions (91.4%) were performed at ≤13 weeks’ gestation; a smaller number of abortions (7.3%) were performed at 14–20 weeks’ gestation, and even fewer (1.4%) were performed at ≥21 weeks’ gestation. In 2011, 19.1% of all abortions were medical abortions. Source: MMWR 2014;63(11).

Which is supposed to prove exactly what?

We have a separation of church and state in this country, a large majority of people against abortion do so on religious grounds, not following the science. You can't compare a conscience human murdering another conscious human to a women aborting a fetus that leeches off of her body. It's a women's personal medical decision.

You can't tell me what I believe is murder. From where I am standing, abortion is the taking of a human life.

And Joe Biden believes that, too. But he's okay with it.

I am not.

G500, you are right. Don't allow these murderous despots to change your moral compass nor destroy your humanity. These animals have neither.
You're right, I care more for my animals them a 6 week fetus. Or a 8 week fetus. Or a 13 week fetus. Or a 17 week fetus. My cat, my rats, my Guinea pigs, my mice.

I never said that, I said you can't compare the two. Almost all abortions are done before the period when scientists say a fetus could be feeling pain.

Want the numbers?

In 2011, 730,322 legal induced abortions were reported to CDC from 49 reporting areas. The abortion rate was 13.9 abortions per 1,000 women aged 15–44 years and the abortion ratio was 219 abortions per 1,000 live births.

Compared with 2010, the total number and rate of reported abortions for 2011 decreased 5%, and the abortion ratio decreased 4%. Additionally, from 2002 to 2011 the number, rate, and ratio of reported abortions decreased 13%, 14%, and 12%, respectively. The large decreases in the total number, rate, and ratio of reported abortions from 2010 to 2011, in combination with decreases that occurred during 2008–2010, resulted in historic lows for all three measures of abortion.

Women in their twenties accounted for the majority of abortions in 2011 and throughout the period of analysis. The majority of abortions in 2011 took place early in gestation. In 2011, most abortions (91.4%) were performed at ≤13 weeks’ gestation; a smaller number of abortions (7.3%) were performed at 14–20 weeks’ gestation, and even fewer (1.4%) were performed at ≥21 weeks’ gestation. In 2011, 19.1% of all abortions were medical abortions. Source: MMWR 2014;63(11).

That my point of almost all abortions being done before the dreaded "20 week" period is true. Oh, abortions have been decreasing to :)
Thank free birth control and actual sex education.

Want the numbers?

That my point of almost all abortions being done before the dreaded "20 week" period is true. Oh, abortions have been decreasing to :)
I support more birth control education. Half of all abortions are due to no birth control being used during the sex which led to the pregnancy.

Another fifth are due to the improper or inconsistent use of birth control.

If we prevented all those conceptions, abortion would plummet to almost negligible levels. To the point where getting an abortion would not be as socially acceptable as it is today.

Want the numbers?

I support more birth control education. Half of all abortions are due to no birth control being used during the sex which led to the pregnancy.

I knew this already, it was obvious given your posts, many social conservatives are Against free birth control and sex education though..

Want the numbers?

If we prevented all those conceptions, abortion would plummet to almost negligible levels. To the point where getting an abortion would not be as socially acceptable as it is today.
This leads me to another question: what about teenagers who lack birth control and have sex without fully grasping the consequences? Morning after pill! Or is that a life in prison offense to?

You can't tell me what I believe is murder. From where I am standing, abortion is the taking of a human life.

I am not.

G500, you are right. Don't allow these murderous despots to change your moral compass nor destroy your humanity. These animals have neither.
You're right, I care more for my animals them a 6 week fetus. Or a 8 week fetus. Or a 13 week fetus. Or a 17 week fetus. My cat, my rats, my Guinea pigs, my mice.
Forgot to add my dog, my hamsters. I love rodents!

I have no doubt you are that kind of person.

And yet I have seen mothers mourn the loss of their child after a miscarriage, and some even have funerals.

I am not.

Well, one animal toward another

Want the numbers?

Who argued differently?

I have no doubt you are that kind of person.

And yet I have seen mothers mourn the loss of their child after a miscarriage, and some even have funerals.
And I sympathize with those mothers, everyone handles such situations differently, my key point is, and I know we disagree, that women should have the right to safe legal abortions, the overwhelming majority done before 20 weeks, in fact, the abortion rate has been constantly decreasing.. No need to try to make it illegal.

Want the numbers?

Who's fault is this. Believe it or not, sex between males and females has been going on for quite some time now. Most of these pregnancies are simply due to the transference of responsibility from the male solely upon the female. I'm 72 years of age and even back in my courting days, we guys always carried a condom or two in our wallets.

Want the numbers?

This leads me to another question: what about teenagers who lack birth control and have sex without fully grasping the consequences? Morning after pill! Or is that a life in prison offense to?

And that's my point. Methods of birth control has never in history been more readily available. As far as sex education goes, I see no harm in it however from what I see this day and age, it is slammed into the faces of every child with a television in the house. Girls especially now are assuming the dominate role of seduction at very early ages. I would go as far as to say that an unwanted pregnancy should be rare indeed today.

Joe Biden: Human Life Begins at Conception

Wow....a democrat that knows when life begins! Impressive. I wonder if this will put off a lot of baby killing democrats.....
And yet Biden is pro-choice.

He and Nancy Pelosi are both Catholics as well.

Yep, everyone alive to date, had their life started at conception. However, that doesn't mean the every fertilized egg develops enough to be born or that a soul (if you believe in such a thing) is imbued to that new life at the point of conception.

that isn't the point & why the Left has to tell itself lies to appease their conscience. So if you agree that life begins at conception, then how do you justify the termination of said life? You can't have it both ways....it either is alive or isn't. Science has already stated life begins at conception. Regarding the soul part, every Church doctrine available states the soul is intertwined with the physical the moment of conception. So again, wrong....

It is just a scientific fact that everyone alive today began life as a single celled fertilized egg at conception. By natures design, many fertilized eggs (living cells with unique DNA) never get the opportunity to develop fully into a living breathing Human baby. But then again the natural world is a cruel place for babies. Not every religion believes a soul is formed in conjunction with conception.

The vast majority of fertilized eggs do. That makes the fertilized egg human & since you acknowledged it has unique DNA, this means it isn't part of a woman's body, but rather a separate living entity.

Your first point is debatable. The uniqueness is a scientific fact. If that were true that they are separate living entities then the little zygotes should pop on out and start living. But they are not separate living entities. It is life completely dependent on the host for everything, and lets face is some of the hosts should never have babies.

A newborn is equally helpless & dependent on its parents for its survival. Given the planet's population count, it's logical that a large majority of fertilized eggs are born. And yes, with distinct DNA, they are separate entities which are forming. Just because they can't survive outside the womb yet, does not detract from this.

They are dependent for sure but not necessarily on the biological parents whereas a fetus is. The is no way to measure the number of fertilized eggs that do not attach to a womb.

A person in a coma can't feel pain. If that's your benchmark, I can go ahead and start slaughtering coma patients.

Only if we can harvest their body parts.........

Ok. Let's see what we have here. The War on Women is a war instigated by Liberals against women.
Liberals who automatically assume a superior intellect have concluded the female to be totally incapable of controlling her sexual impulses, hormones, and desires. Armed with their superior intellect and their mail-order medical degrees, these Liberals seek to protect the helpless female from herself and absolve her from any personal responsibility for any and all of her actions involving sexual relations with a male.
On the other hand, the male's responsibility in these matters is simple that of acquiring sexual gratification. Should the male supply the sperm that impregnates a female, he is totally without any responsibility in the matter and has absolutely no rights as to parenthood.

Once the female has conceived, low and behold, this helpless female who had no former control over her body's desires and sexual impulses, suddenly metamorphoses into a rational creature not only capable of making her own decisions over her own body but of the parasite now invading her body as result of her helpless sexual abandon. Indeed, in order to absolve all parties from any responsibility, a legal and clinical means murder must and has to be provided.

A person in a coma can't feel pain. If that's your benchmark, I can go ahead and start slaughtering coma patients.

Only if we can harvest their body parts.........

Perhaps we should simply do as the Nazis attempted. We should select strong and healthy men and women and breed them in order to produce more babies from which we can harvest and sell their body parts. I'm certain the Liberal mind will find a means to accomplish this in the near future.

Forum List

Back