Biden Blames GOP for Virginia Tech Killings

where did I mention polls? I said that political discourse and discord is part and parcel of healthy democracy. To shut that down in a misguided effort to avoid giving a "bad" impression to our enemies does nothing more than stifle that which makes us better than our enemies.

Make us better by surrendering?

How?

Make us better by surrendering?

How?

again...Mr. Moron... no one is "surrendering" anything. We are talking about whether or not our public political debate about foreign policy hurts or helps the enemy and whether stifling that debate hurts or helps our democracy.

read this little paragraph one more time.... and then try to actually respond to IT, instead of just pumping out your canned one line talking points? OK?

I said that political discourse and discord is part and parcel of healthy democracy. To shut that down in a misguided effort to avoid giving a "bad" impression to our enemies does nothing more than stifle that which makes us better than our enemies.

again...Mr. Moron... no one is "surrendering" anything. We are talking about whether or not our public political debate about foreign policy hurts or helps the enemy and whether stifling that debate hurts or helps our democracy.

read this little paragraph one more time.... and then try to actually respond to IT, instead of just pumping out your canned one line talking points? OK?

I said that political discourse and discord is part and parcel of healthy democracy. To shut that down in a misguided effort to avoid giving a "bad" impression to our enemies does nothing more than stifle that which makes us better than our enemies.

If you are talking about the Dems bill on funding - it is surrendering

Tell the enemy when the troops wil leave Iraq - and the terrorists will adjust their plans accordingly

Good news - Dems are wasting time (what they do best)

They do not have a veto proof majority

So Dems will have to go back to the drawing board

Hell, they might have to do something new - support the troops and fund the war

If you are talking about the Dems bill on funding - it is surrendering

Tell the enemy when the troops wil leave Iraq - and the terrorists will adjust their plans accordingly

Good news - Dems are wasting time (what they do best)

They do not have a veto proof majority

So Dems will have to go back to the drawing board

Hell, they might have to do something new - support the troops and fund the war

go look up the definition of surrender... we are not surrendering anything.

the antagonists in Iraq are not terrorists, they are primarily Iraqis and they will continue to want to kill one another whether we are there or not.

go look up the definition of surrender... we are not surrendering anything.

the antagonists in Iraq are not terrorists, they are primarily Iraqis and they will continue to want to kill one another whether we are there or not.

Dems have called the terrorists "freedom fighters"

Surrender is the only plan Dems have for the war

Dems have called the terrorists "freedom fighters"

Surrender is the only plan Dems have for the war

again...when you have looked up the word surrender...please start using it correctly. I, for one, cannot wait until we actually start to fight the war against islamic extremisma and I know that the sooner we get out of Iraq and let Iraqis get on with the task of determining their own political future, the sooner we might be able to start fighting that real war.

again...when you have looked up the word surrender...please start using it correctly. I, for one, cannot wait until we actually start to fight the war against islamic extremisma and I know that the sooner we get out of Iraq and let Iraqis get on with the task of determining their own political future, the sooner we might be able to start fighting that real war.

Now MM is using the same lame defense when he tried to deny Dems raised taxes

Now MM is using the same lame defense when he tried to deny Dems raised taxes

the above sentence is nonsensical.
what does wanting to fight our real enemies instead of fight in the middle of Iraqis who are not our real enemies have to do with tax cuts?

not at all....

as I said...I want to start fighting our real enemies instead of making more in Iraq.... why can't you debate that point?

not at all....

as I said...I want to start fighting our real enemies instead of making more in Iraq.... why can't you debate that point?

Al Qaeda is in Iraq and we are fighting them right now

They are the enemy - well at least to people who want to win the war

Al Qaeda is in Iraq and we are fighting them right now

They are the enemy - well at least to people who want to win the war

a small contingent of Al Qaeda is in Iraq....your own vice president has said that they constitute only a small "handful of deadenders". AQ is a world wide organization with only a minor presence in Iraq, yet that small handful of deadenders has 150K US troops tied down dealing with THEM? Does that sound like a wise use of our limited military assets?

a small contingent of Al Qaeda is in Iraq....your own vice president has said that they constitute only a small "handful of deadenders". AQ is a world wide organization with only a minor presence in Iraq, yet that small handful of deadenders has 150K US troops tied down dealing with THEM? Does that sound like a wise use of our limited military assets?

CAIRO, EGYPT Mar 23, 2007 (AP)— In a new video posted Thursday on the Internet, an al-Qaida militant who escaped from a U.S. prison in Afghanistan urged Sunni militants in Iraq to join the terror group and claimed the U.S. military's security plan for Baghdad has failed.

[...]

In the video, al-Libi claims the monthlong Baghdad security crackdown by U.S. military and Iraqi troops, meant to curb sectarian violence that has shaken the Iraqi capital and its residents, has failed. "The break and defeat of your enemy is seen in the military arena, especially after the Security Plan failed and its defeat, with God's will, is very near," he says.

"The enemy knows he is losing in this battle," al-Libi said, adding the proof of this was in the planned withdrawal of the British troops from Iraq.

Sound alot like White Flag Harry

and again...what is our goal? to actually DO something significant against Islamic extremism, or to fight a war of WORDS with them while we settle in for our extended occupation of Iraq?

what has been accomplished was exactly what speaker pelosi said she was going to accomplish. she showed America that democrats can do what they say they are going to do....and that we don't make promises we cannot keep.

did you ever answer my question concerning whether or not you understood how the senate worked and how its rules allow the minority to stop the majority from passing whatever it wants.....much like we used the same rules when we were in the minority to stop Bush from nominating wackos as judges.

You didn't answer the question either. What new legislation that Pelosi said she was going to pass has actually passed?

According to Pelosi I should at the very least have a minimum wage increase by now which I don't

You didn't answer the question either. What new legislation that Pelosi said she was going to pass has actually passed?

According to Pelosi I should at the very least have a minimum wage increase by now which I don't

ummm...did you ever take CIVICS class? When the speaker of the house says she is going to PASS legislation, that means that SHE is going to pass legislation...the House of Representative - the only body of congress that the speaker has any control of - is going to pass legislation. WHICH THEY DID. Why would you think that she would promise anything else? For HER promise to be expected to include the actions of the other chamber which she has ZERO control of would be like suggesting that her promise to pass certain legislation guaranteed that the president would sign it.

Nancy did everything she promised SHE would do. PERIOD.

MM is correct on technical points. Pelosi has control only over the House of Rerpesentatives. She cannot speak for the Senate, nor President.

The sales job was rather obvious. She did not specify "the House would pass....." She said "we will pass ..." Only if you're up on your civics do you actually know what "we" actually means.

and clearly, Bern and RSR are not up on the lessons taught in junior high civics class.

why the fuck they think they should be debating on an adult political message board given their lack of education about civics and politics is beyond me.

and clearly, Bern and RSR are not up on the lessons taught in junior high civics class.

why the fuck they think they should be debating on an adult political message board given their lack of education about civics and politics is beyond me.

I am here to call liberals on what they say and what they do

Which drives you up the wall - judging from your countless temper tanturms I am doing a good job

Now, another example of liberal moonbats and guns...............

Toledo Blade Columnist: 'Special Squads of Police' Should Disarm Americans
Posted by Warner Todd Huston on April 27, 2007 - 11:21.
Since the VT shootings in Blacksburg, Virginia, we have seen all manner of wild-eyed, anti-gunners come out of the woodwork to cynically use this crime as a chance to beat their gun grabbing drums. But, proposing that we send government Stormtroopers to smash down the doors of every home with a gun in it to confiscate their Constitutionally legal firearms is a step I haven't seen in a purportedly responsible newspaper. That is, until the Toledo Blade published a proposal for taking away our right to self-protection that included "Special squads of police" with unlimited powers to confiscate all guns. A hit squad that would traipse about the country invading homes at will and accosting peaceful citizens everywhere.

The author of this tyrannical proposal is Dan Simpson, who is described as "a retired Ambassador" and a "member of the editorial boards of The Blade and Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. " He is a former US Ambassador to various African states... which can easily be read to mean one who thinks government knows best, darn the citizen's rights, apparently.

The piece that oozes from his pen seems overly long, the first half being an attempt by this anti-gun advocate to make it seem as if he really loves guns. After all, he played Cowboys and Indians as a kid and also had a Red Ryder BB gun. Then, later in life, carried a .357 as a "diplomat". But after the hard to believe disclaimers are dispensed with, Simpson launches into his gun banning proposal.

Now, how would one disarm the American population? First of all, federal or state laws would need to make it a crime punishable by a $1,000 fine and one year in prison per weapon to possess a firearm. The population would then be given three months to turn in their guns, without penalty.
http://newsbusters.org/node/12358

Forum List

Back