Biden Blames GOP for Virginia Tech Killings

Hey dummy, the bills the House and Senate are bottled up in Dem run committees

The Dems in the Hosue and Senate cannot agree on what they want to do

Given what they REALLY want to do to America - I am not bitching

bullshit... the conference committees are run by democrats, but senate republicans have cloture power.

my point all along was that speaker pelosi set out a bold agenda for the house of representatives when democrats took control. she did everything she set out to do. By contrast, newt did not.

I think both parties are responsible for the divisiveness, intransigence, and overall nasty tone in politics and the country today. I would trace it back to that exercise in "gatchya politics" that was the Clinton impeachment.
I thought the same thing for a while. But I went to the Sixth Floor Museum in Dallas two years ago and they had many different newspaper articles on exhibit. Some of them were opinion pieces blasting Kennedy and the Democrats. They accused Kennedy of being a communist and that America was going to suffer a nuclear attack and so forth. As I read further, I realized that the rhetoric and partisan attacks were just as bad then as they are today. I was kind of shocked since I thought this level of political bitterness was just a fairly recent trend. I'm willing to bet that the partisanship and "gatchya" politics have been around since the two party system became popular.

I thought the same thing for a while. But I went to the Sixth Floor Museum in Dallas two years ago and they had many different newspaper articles on exhibit. Some of them were opinion pieces blasting Kennedy and the Democrats. They accused Kennedy of being a communist and that America was going to suffer a nuclear attack and so forth. As I read further, I realized that the rhetoric and partisan attacks were just as bad then as they are today. I was kind of shocked since I thought this level of political bitterness was just a fairly recent trend. I'm willing to bet that the partisanship and "gatchya" politics have been around since the two party system became popular.

You're right, Dirt. Now that I think about it, some of the things I've read over the years point to dirty politics and nasty demeanors all the way back to Lincoln/Douglas and beyond. I wonder how pervasive it was in the public back then however. My guess is that the birth of mass media (radio, television) has been the biggest influence to the tone within both the Beltway and the general populace.

I'm beginning to think I've misread you for I don't know how many months. I thought you were a Democrat, but America first. Over the past couple of weeks, I'm noting more a partisan than American. See for me, when one of 'my' party screws up, like Trott did, I call them out. Not just Trott, but also 'bridge to nowhere', before it became popular. Then there was Gonzales, someone that I thought should have been gone long ago, for different reasons. We are not even addressing all the times I've said the administration has f'd up with communicating with the electorate, much less the party. Or where conservatives think the administration is f'd up.

I'd love to see the true patriotic Democrats holding their leadership to the same standard as I want from the conservatives.

Kathy: Oh so true.

We conservatives are willing to go after those of our party or alleged, same, philosophical beliefs and really fry them over the coals when they break violate or transgress ethical conduct.

It isn't the same with the liberals. They all will go down with the ship supporting unethical behaviour with their own party or philosophical group. There are so many examples.........Jackson, Sharpton, Reed, Dean, and so many of the liberals that have thrown absolutely baseless, inflamatory statements out there, against the GOP, the Prez, and Conservatives in general, and gotten a real big "pass" by the unbiased mainstream media:eusa_liar: . I still can remember the threats from the left in GWB's first Prez. election claiming that his election would mean that black churches would be burned, and black Americans would be lynched and dragged behind pick up trucs..... I'm sure others know of other outlandish, yet lieing and defamatory statements thrown at the Right back then.

Maybe us conservatives/Gop'ites are just too durn hard headed, or gentlemanly or ladylike to realize that you don't try to make friends with an entity bent on acquiring power by any means, and isn't interested in following ethical guidlines to achieve that goal? They aren't a bit interested in respecting their political foe's personal integretty if it would stand between an elected office/ the White House......etc..
My daddy told me that if you have "fit's" over the injustices of the world, you'll become ineffective in your own life to help, influence change. Maybe we should stick to the "high road" of not throwing the feces back in their collective faces that they flung/fling from the monkey cage at us, or we just lower ourselves down to their primate level, and then we become ineffective ourselves.

I have this "gut" intuitive thought deep inside me that gives me hope that many and much of what gets a pass or a mild mention by the media, and is downright mean spirited by the left, will someday come back to haunt, and dog them and also be their embarrassing downfall. It may not happen in my lifetime, but "love" will trump "hate", "slander", and "lies" in the end.

"Maybe us conservatives/Gop'ites are just too durn hard headed, or gentlemanly or ladylike to realize that you don't try to make friends with an entity bent on acquiring power by any means, and isn't interested in following ethical guidlines to achieve that goal? They aren't a bit interested in respecting their political foe's personal integretty if it would stand between an elected office/ the White House......etc.."

ahem...I say again:

I would suggest that whitewater jenniferflowers travelgate filegate vincefoster paulajones monicalewinsky impeachmentshowtrial would make that statement above pretty much BULLSHIT

not to mention the sleazy pushpoll slander of John McCain by the Rovian thugs during the 2000 primaries.

impugning the patriotism of Max Cleland?

yeah...you guys are all such fucking gentlemen. Do you extend your pinky when you sip tea?

LOL

"Maybe us conservatives/Gop'ites are just too durn hard headed, or gentlemanly or ladylike to realize that you don't try to make friends with an entity bent on acquiring power by any means, and isn't interested in following ethical guidlines to achieve that goal? They aren't a bit interested in respecting their political foe's personal integretty if it would stand between an elected office/ the White House......etc.."

ahem...I say again:

I wouldn't say that White Water and Jennifer Flowers was in the category of unsubstantiated accusations.

Nor would I equate it with accusing GWB of being a fascist, or rascist or the propagator of Black American lynchings, and draggings, or church burnings.

The Clinton years were filled with sordid, and substantiated, gross unethical conduct with Monica, in the Oval office, where such esteemed men as Abraham Lincoln, stood and performed the duties of the highest office in the land.

Whitewater was an absolute insider, scam by Hillary as an attorney. Her Cattle futures that went from zero to ungodly profits so reeked with unethical business practices.....and insider information.
And what do we equate or try to use against GWB.......
"He can't pronunciate "nuclear" properly, or he's a dummy.".

Last time I remember, dummies weren't too adept or qualified to fly National Guard F100 fighter jets.". In fact, as I understand, the F100 is a very difficult aircraft to manage compared to a lot of its comtemporaries.

Oh, but he was a Skull and Bones member........oooooh.

But Sen. Byrd was an ex-KKK member but whose caring, he's a dewy eyed, sensitive liberal now, and he gets a pass.

So what.........There's Freemasons, Shriners, Illumnaties, CFR......Rosicrusianists.......Diests........etc.......and many were high up in our U.S. government.

Though I don't agree with many of the tenets or philosphies of these secret or semi-secret societies, both liberal and conservative politicians have been members of these.
I think it is absolutely abhorrant that these politicians can use as "fodder" the 30+ murders of these college kids to bring up the gun control issue, as though the murderer would have been helpless to find an illicit means of acquiring a hand gun or rifle if we could eliminate them from all law abiding citizens.
Gun control only makes law abiding gun owners more vunerable to non-law abiding gun owners.
Since when did the dirt of our society voluntarily turn in their hand guns enmass?

I would suggest that whitewater jenniferflowers travelgate filegate vincefoster pauljones monicalewinsky impeachmentshowtrial would make that bolded statement above pretty much BULLSHIT

Now, wait a minute. Holy hell, man...as proof of Republican meanness, you cite...BILL CLINTON'S LITANY OF CRIMES???!!! That's a bit convenient for you, isn't it?

I guess we should be glad you didn't mention Clinton's sellout to the Chinese - or his debacle in Somalia - or his sweetheart deal with the government of India (hundreds of millions of dollars in campaign contributions in exchange for his treachery on the matter of "compliance coal") - or his criminal neglect of the growing terrorist threat - or the Sandy Berger affair...

Thanks for going easy on us, maineman. You could have made the Republicans look REALLY bad, had you so desired...

I am NOT sure where the meanness started, but i do know, that i see a lot of meanness from the far-left. I am not speaking of most democrats. I would like your opinion as to what you see the far right doing, and in what numbers. Cause the meaness has to stop, regardless. But I want your opinions.

Now, wait a minute. Holy hell, man...as proof of Republican meanness, you cite...BILL CLINTON'S LITANY OF CRIMES???!!! That's a bit convenient for you, isn't it?

I guess we should be glad you didn't mention Clinton's sellout to the Chinese - or his debacle in Somalia - or his sweetheart deal with the government of India (hundreds of millions of dollars in campaign contributions in exchange for his treachery on the matter of "compliance coal") - or his criminal neglect of the growing terrorist threat - or the Sandy Berger affair...

Thanks for going easy on us, maineman. You could have made the Republicans look REALLY bad, had you so desired...

typical...of rightwingnuts to call vince foster a clinton crime...or whitewater which proved to be nothign or travelgate which proved to be nothing or filegate which proved to be nothing...

CRIMINAL NEGLECT OF THE GROWING TERRORIST THREAT????HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THAT IS RICH!!!! Go back and read the August 2001 PDB - you know..the one that Bush barely had time to listen to on his way to his golf game... go back and explain why the Bush administration STOPPED the predator overflights of Afghanistan that were looking for OBL in the spring of 2001..... go back and explain why Clinton was able to STOP the Y2K attacks yet Bush could have given a shit about terrorism in the days before 9/11.... go back and explain why Asscroft removed $52Million from the DOJ anti-terrorism budget the day BEFORE 9/11....go back and tell me why, if this was so fucking important to the Bushies, that they demoted Clarke? What was the topic of the speech that Rice was going to give that morning? starwars..... yeah... if Clinton's neglect of terrorism was "criminal", then Bush's neglect of terrorism was fucking FELONIOUS!

and cute that you didn't TOUCH the McCain trashing or Cleland trashing.

nice touch

The only thing i have knowledge on is the max cleland issue. I was and am still angry about that. Everything else you commented on, i am frankly ignorant on, because I dont know about it, or have the information.

Sorry. I can only comment on what i know.

This is getting really silly. Who can we blame. Its your fault, no its your fault.
Are we ever going to discuss what we agree about?. Or are we just gonna call each other names, hate people we dont agree with, and demonize them.

Liberals= good people
conservatives= bad people

in the 90's and now, we have both republicans and democrats, neither wants to share credit, and both want to blame the other.

How about we try to remember, we are human beings and al queda wants to kill all of us, and we try to solve problems instead of create and continue them.

I fully admit, sometimes, im an idiot, and i say stupid things on and off this board, but it would be nice, if we could work together instead of being bigger enemies them iran and iraq in the 1980's.

Love y'all

Martin

hey buddy :), how is your day going maineman?.

by the way, does anybody remember when ronald reagan and tipper o'neal used to go out for a drink?. That's how politics should be, you can hang out, have a beer, even be best friends with someone you completely disagree with. Its not a crime to disagree, only to silence or call them traitors or anti-americans, simply for disagreeing.

Debate is american, dissent is american, because our fore fathers wanted a government of the people, by the people, for the people.

NOt big business and special interests

for the record: Im criticizing both parties, just as ralph nader did :)

Frankly, you can make a case that both parties have turned into assholes. There is nothing gentlemanly about politics anymore. Some of the attacks on bush, that eight ball pointed out were spot on, bush is responsbile for katrina, when both parties have done nothing, and he is responsible, for church bombings, and he's a nazi and a facist. And then there is the liberals are all traitors who want al queda to win, which is just silly, and the max cleland slur, i am particularly bothered by that. He lost 3 limbs in vietnam and my party had the audacity to say he is soft, i forget the exact quote. Oh, and lets not forget the mccain, is too angry for president bullcrap that karl rove pulled.

With that being said, I think the media does pull to the left, how much, i dont know exactly, but ive seen them mock conservatives, and some of the newspapers and major networks, for example nbc, a guy on their payroll, i forget his name, calling our soldiers mercinaries, this is disgusting

Bottom line: republicans sucks, Democrats suck.

You dont have to convince me lol. Thats why im a conservative not a republicans, and to be fair, i dont see the democratic party being led by moderates, whom i would atleast consider voting for. Alot of people, in my opinion are turned off by the fact, that the democratic party is being led by the far left. Its not like the right is great, but neither is the left, in terms of parties. We need real conservatives vs real democrats.

Not real republicans (right wing) vs real democrats (left wing) with neither willing to actually solve real problems, because their more conserned with getting relected, then solving real issues such as immigration reform and other issues.

Again, am i right, am i wrong, i dont care, just please be nice.

typical...of rightwingnuts to call vince foster a clinton crime...or whitewater which proved to be nothign or travelgate which proved to be nothing or filegate which proved to be nothing...

I will never begrudge you the fact that the Clinton machine is one of the most successful and diabolically clever criminal enterprises in recent history; THEY GOT AWAY WITH IT!!!

Never forget, though, that - in the nineties - they enjoyed the aid of an ally which no longer exists: a monopolistically complicit fourth estate. The MSM/DNC sacrificed its credibility on the altar of the Clinton cause; it will never again dominate political discourse. From here on in, the Clintons must stand naked. Not a pretty picture, is it?

maineman said:
CRIMINAL NEGLECT OF THE GROWING TERRORIST THREAT????HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THAT IS RICH!!!! Go back and read the August 2001 PDB - you know..the one that Bush barely had time to listen to on his way to his golf game... go back and explain why the Bush administration STOPPED the predator overflights of Afghanistan that were looking for OBL in the spring of 2001..... go back and explain why Clinton was able to STOP the Y2K attacks yet Bush could have given a shit about terrorism in the days before 9/11.... go back and explain why Asscroft removed $52Million from the DOJ anti-terrorism budget the day BEFORE 9/11....go back and tell me why, if this was so fucking important to the Bushies, that they demoted Clarke? What was the topic of the speech that Rice was going to give that morning? starwars..... yeah... if Clinton's neglect of terrorism was "criminal", then Bush's neglect of terrorism was fucking FELONIOUS!

Bill Clinton had Osama Bin Laden in the crosshairs, and failed to act - deeming such a move politically inexpedient. That's who this man is. I didn't see anyone in the Bush Administration crying to ABC about the unflattering content of a 9/11 movie. And, only the Clinton machine deemed it prudent to engineer the theft and concealment of documents from the 9/11 Commission. Whether or not you see - or acknowledge - the truth is your problem. America has seen.

maineman said:
and cute that you didn't TOUCH the McCain trashing or Cleland trashing.

nice touch

I've already invited you to get over yourself; it appears that particular hurdle is beyond your present capabilities. You...really DO believe the world revolves around you and your every utterance, don't you? Here's a flash, Narcissus: you and I weren't discussing McCain and Cleland; we were discussing Clinton.

It did not take long - but the Dems are now trying to use the VA shootings for political gain

Joe Biden, also know for several racist statements, is now saying the GOP is to blame for the shootings

I must admit - Biden did wait longer then I thought the left would before starting the blame game

Biden Blames GOP for Virginia Tech Killings

Sen. Joe Biden, a Democratic Party candidate for president in 2008, on Thursday blamed the Republicans for the Virginia Tech killings and a string of events that have made news in the past few years.

Speaking at Al Sharpton's National Action Network event in New York, Biden said President Bush, Newt Gingrich and Karl Rove are responsible for what he called "the politics of polarization."

Biden said Republicans have created an environment that brings bad things to the United States.

"I would argue, since 1994 with the Gingrich revolution, just take a look at Iraq, Venezuela, Katrina, what's gone down at Virginia Tech, Darfur, Imus. Take a look. This didn't happen accidentally, all these things," he said.

This is not the first time Biden has said something outlandish.

In a February interview with the New York Observer, Biden questioned the credentials of Sen. Barack Obama, a first-term-senator, who is also running for president. Biden called him "the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy." This did not sit well with many African-Americans, including Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, both of whom have run for president in the past.

During a 2006 conversation with an Indian-American political activist, Biden said: "In Delaware, the largest growth of population is Indian-Americans, moving from India. You cannot go to a 7/11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I’m not joking."

During his first presidential bid in 1987, Biden told one New Hampshire voter who questioned his law school grades that: "I think I probably have a much higher IQ than you do."

© 2007 NewsMax. All Rights Reserved.

Biden is as full of shit as the right wing-nut talking heads who are blaming the victims.

I will never begrudge you the fact that the Clinton machine is one of the most successful and diabolically clever criminal enterprises in recent history; THEY GOT AWAY WITH IT!!!

They way you guys keep talking about Clinton it gives one the impression that he is still running the country today. Think about it Bush is almost out of office after two terms and its still Clinton's fault. Maybe that explains Bush's legacy as the president with the most time on vacation, he might as well go on vacation because Clinton runs the country as you guys keep claiming.

Forum List

Back