Bicycle riders over 18 must carry photo ID

bike riders who ride on public streets and roadways should have to

be licensed and taxed yearly and have insurance as well

So...more taxes and more government regulation. Tell me, did you become a Democrat since dinner? lol

the democrats believe in some paying the taxes for others to get it free

i say everyone pays their fair share

You do realize that many bikers also own cars as well?

well that is a stupid question of course

i have several vehicles including rvs and atvs

each and every one of them that i want to put on the street

have to be licensed and insured why not bikes

Why is it a stupid question? Many people that bike also drive, meaning they also pay for the upkeep on roads via the gasoline. I am not interested in the government making it's citizens to pay more taxes and jump through more bureaucratic hoops. They already do that enough.

Why is it a stupid question? Many people that bike also drive, meaning they also pay for the upkeep on roads via the gasoline. I am not interested in the government making it's citizens to pay more taxes and jump through more bureaucratic hoops. They already do that enough.
You just like spandex... and fighting fiercely to keep it on the roads... just gotta love ya!

I still want to know who over the age of 17 years old that don't carry Or have an I.D. ?????

You just like spandex... and fighting fiercely to keep it on the roads... just gotta love ya!

I am fighting to keep people healthy as well as freeing up traffic congestion. Also spandex. lol.

bike riders who ride on public streets and roadways should have to

be licensed and taxed yearly and have insurance as well

So...more taxes and more government regulation. Tell me, did you become a Democrat since dinner? lol

everyone pay their fair share

if you use the road pay the tax to keep it maintained

under your reasoning i should only have to license one

--LOL

everyone pay their fair share

if you use the road pay the tax to keep it maintained

under your reasoning i should only have to license one

--LOL

You seem to be under the delusion that people whom bike do not pay any taxes to maintain the roads.

You seem to be under the delusion that people whom bike do not pay any taxes to maintain the roads.
They don't. How about those who do not own a vehicle, how about those who got DUI and cannot drive.... :badgrin:

They don't. How about those who do not own a vehicle, how about those who got DUI and cannot drive.... :badgrin:

Of course they do. They pay into the general fund that is used to maintain and construct roads.

Of course they do. They pay into the general fund that is used to maintain and construct roads.
Sure... I see. It is the same as SS fund. We sure have a lot of money in that one. They use the road money for some fucking pet projects instead of infrastructure (now I sound like fucking Matthew)

Sure... I see. It is the same as SS fund. We sure have a lot of money in that one. They use the road money for some fucking pet projects instead of infrastructure (now I sound like fucking Matthew)

And yet people think bikers should give the government more money b/c this time they promise to spend it correctly. Not hardly.

And yet people think bikers should give the government more money b/c this time they promise to spend it correctly. Not hardly.
Um...it seems fucked up. But, it would discourage a few from biking on the highway. I would set the bicycle tax for $ 500/year + insurance + biking driver license fee = $ 1000/year unless you positively prove you have no vehicle and live farther away from work than 5 miles, then they could ride free on the side walk only.

Um...it seems fucked up. But, it would discourage a few from biking on the highway. I would set the bicycle tax for $ 500/year + insurance + biking driver license fee = $ 1000/year unless you positively prove you have no vehicle and live farther away from work than 5 miles, then they could ride free on the side walk only.

A $1,000 a year to ride a bike on a street you already paid for with your local, state, and, federal taxes? I'll admit, I am not a fan of this proposal. Besides, many municipalities have made it illegal to ride your bikes on the sidewalk. My hometown did so back when I was a teen.

Forum List

Back