Bicycle riders over 18 must carry photo ID

Carrying ID makes sense. If you get hit by a car and you are unconscious, no one would know who you were or be able to notify your family members. You should always carry identification with you, no matter if you are riding a bike or not.

I think taxing bicyclists is a silly idea though! Don't be ridiculous! :rolleyes-41:

And yet people think bikers should give the government more money b/c this time they promise to spend it correctly. Not hardly.
Um...it seems fucked up. But, it would discourage a few from biking on the highway. I would set the bicycle tax for $ 500/year + insurance + biking driver license fee = $ 1000/year unless you positively prove you have no vehicle and live farther away from work than 5 miles, then they could ride free on the side walk only.

A $1,000 a year to ride a bike on a street you already paid for with your local, state, and, federal taxes? I'll admit, I am not a fan of this proposal. Besides, many municipalities have made it illegal to ride your bikes on the sidewalk. My hometown did so back when I was a teen.

I think it's illegal to ride your bike on the sidewalk in most towns/cities. Maybe not in very small towns where there aren't a lot of people to begin with. It's been illegal in my city for years and years.

Carrying ID makes sense. If you get hit by a car and you are unconscious, no one would know who you were or be able to notify your family members. You should always carry identification with you, no matter if you are riding a bike or not.

I think taxing bicyclists is a silly idea though! Don't be ridiculous! :rolleyes-41:
I don't know whether he's a scumbag or just being sarcastic, or what.

Who? The OP? I'm just addressing the thread topic and not the poster personally.

Who? The OP? I'm just addressing the thread topic and not the poster personally.
I as talking about the poster who implied that people should have to be licensed and insured to ride a bicycle.

I wonder what the odds are that they sell insurance.

I as talking about the poster who implied that people should have to be licensed and insured to ride a bicycle.

The OP is right. We need to keep these idiots off the road. They are slowing down traffic. If they want recreational biking, go to a fucking bike trail. To get bike insurance and pay road tax is not unreasonable at all. :badgrin:

The OP is right. We need to keep these idiots off the road. They are slowing down traffic. If they want recreational biking, go to a fucking bike trail. To get bike insurance and pay road tax is not unreasonable at all. :badgrin:
So what is the reasoning?

Key phrase. "non-motorized" Hopefully that will correct your wackiness.
Oh come on.. you would agree if not for the second skin bulging spandex what seems to attract your attention:badgrin:
Why would I agree to tax this?

277039c9e0c550624b61769c67028686.600x.jpg

Bicycles don't have any impact on the wear and tear of the roads. Cars and trucks do.

If you're not tearing the road up, why should you be taxed extra for it?

bike riders who ride on public streets and roadways should have to

be licensed and taxed yearly and have insurance as well

When did you become a Communist?

taxing everyone for using a public service is not communist --LOL

forcing me to pay for their lanes and such is communist --LOL

Most cities with bike lanes only have a few of them. Here in Amarillo, they do have a couple, but they don't cover the city very well. Matter of fact, they are pretty much located only in residential areas and sometimes you need to go downtown to take care of things.

If there were bike lanes on EVERY road, then yea, I might agree to the licensing thing, but unfortunately, bike lanes make up a very small percentage of roads in America.

However.................in CO, they are very bike friendly, and even allow bikes on the interstate in certain locations.

Bicycles don't have any impact on the wear and tear of the roads. Cars and trucks do.

If you're not tearing the road up, why should you be taxed extra for it?
.....in exchange for holding traffic and working people up while you are leisurely dicking around on your bicycle on the middle of the road

bike riders who ride on public streets and roadways should have to

be licensed and taxed yearly and have insurance as well

When did you become a Communist?

taxing everyone for using a public service is not communist --LOL

forcing me to pay for their lanes and such is communist --LOL
Freedom of movement under United States law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've heard some in the FML movement even say you don't need a license to drive. I'm not sure I want to try that. . . but seriously, you want to license folks for biking?

I think that some on here who are advocating licensing and road taxes on bicycles are secretly hoping to restrict the movements of the homeless in their city, because if they can't afford them, they won't ride them.

Forum List

Back