Bicycle riders over 18 must carry photo ID

bike riders who ride on public streets and roadways should have to

be licensed and taxed yearly and have insurance as well

Why? Bicycles don't tear up the road, don't require special skills to ride (unless you're a racer, and that is totally different, and yes, racers have to be licensed with the UCI), and they don't pollute or leak oil.

You sound like you're in support of big government taking more of our money.

Because cars are damn expensive and if some idiot scrapes my car they better be able to pay for it

Usually (but not all the time), when there is a car/bicycle accident, the fault is usually the car's. If you ran me over because you were talking on your cell phone, call your insurance company and get ready to shell out big bucks, because my bike ain't cheap.

Last person that hit me was in Cecil Field FL, and his insurance company had to pay me 2,500 to fix my bike. Why was I hit? Because he and his friends were grab assing in the car when they made a left hand turn and ran me over. Took him to court, won, and had my bicycle back in about a week and a half.

They already pay for the street with the taxes they pay.
You just like spandex.....

I have a stationary bike. Riding on the public roads is a bit too dangerous for me. Too many idiots bullshitting on their phone, digging around in their cars, or generally doing everything else but paying attention to the road. Hell, I am almost got hit while on a run two weeks.

Funny most incidents I see are dumbass' weaving thru traffic and blowing thru traffic control

Are you going to charge the pedestrians walking on the side of the road as well? How much do you think a 5 year old should have to pay for a license? Or, at what age can they start riding?

Your suggestion is crap.
Then use the sidewalks and don't hold traffic up on the roads
Now you want to put 5 year olds on the highways too? I would arrest your ass for child neglect and endangerment.

You can't go any faster on a sidewalk than around 8 to 12 mph, and that is if there is nobody walking. Your average bike rider is capable of 15 to 25 mph, and those speeds are too dangerous to ride on a sidewalk.

Why? Bicycles don't tear up the road, don't require special skills to ride (unless you're a racer, and that is totally different, and yes, racers have to be licensed with the UCI), and they don't pollute or leak oil.

they are on the street pay the price or get off it

Are you going to charge the pedestrians walking on the side of the road as well? How much do you think a 5 year old should have to pay for a license? Or, at what age can they start riding?

Your suggestion is crap.

do you really think a five year old should be riding a bike in the street --LOL-really - i think that is a bad idea

why would there charge a pedestrian for walking on the "side" of the road

im talking about bikes using the road

Why?
Roads need to be paved and kept up, no? If you use it you need to chip in to those expenses. Licensing too for being well versed in traffic rules ... not like this idiot below, look

giphy.gif
The taxes I pay for my car to use the road should be more than enough. It would be dumb to tax people again for the same thing. I thought you were a conservative that wanted small government?

Why?
Roads need to be paved and kept up, no? If you use it you need to chip in to those expenses. Licensing too for being well versed in traffic rules ... not like this idiot below, look

giphy.gif
The taxes I pay for my car to use the road should be more than enough. It would be dumb to tax people again for the same thing. I thought you were a conservative that wanted small government?

everyone who uses the road should pay the road tax

Your suggestion is crap.

do you really think a five year old should be riding a bike in the street --LOL-really - i think that is a bad idea

Actually, there are bike lanes around the school next to where I live, so yea, why not let the kids ride there with adult supervision? Me? I was riding country roads all over the place when I was 9.

Funny most incidents I see are dumbass' weaving thru traffic and blowing thru traffic control

yes-----best to AVOID bike riders in my city--------I was a urban/suburban child-----
I had to learn ALL THE traffic rules in order to get a bike license (as in bicycle----
trikes were not licensed------nor were roller skates). I would not so much as
cross a double line-------or turn without hand signals

Why?

giphy.gif

that is right we have city and state workers that paint lanes for bikes and such

the bikers should pay for it

Your suggestion is crap.

Actually, there are bike lanes around the school next to where I live, so yea, why not let the kids ride there with adult supervision? Me? I was riding country roads all over the place when I was 9.

me too------and THE HIGHWAY (don't tell my mom)

So...more taxes and more government regulation. Tell me, did you become a Democrat since dinner? lol

the democrats believe in some paying the taxes for others to get it free

i say everyone pays their fair share

Any Biker within 3 blocks of designated bike route not on it should be ticketed.
Do you think bike routes are the only places people go when riding their bikes?
Dont care where ya go but if we build for ya by god you better be on em or get a ticket unless you are off to hit your destination.....traffic control .....its for your own good......and bikers obviously dont understand basic safety

Forum List

Back