Bicycle riders over 18 must carry photo ID

How about we just privatize road construction, a have bike lanes be a toll use? Problem solved.

How about we just privatize road construction, a have bike lanes be a toll use? Problem solved.

No it isn't. Toll roads are very restrictive in where they go, does this mean that bikes are going to be allowed only in certain areas of the country and city?

Kinda hard to do a decent training ride when you only have 6 or 10 miles of bike path that isn't connected. Me? During the summer, I ride anywhere from 10 to 20 miles/day, and it would be difficult (if not impossible) to contain that only to the bike lanes in my city.

bike riders who ride on public streets and roadways should have to

be licensed and taxed yearly and have insurance as well

When did you become a Communist?

taxing everyone for using a public service is not communist --LOL

forcing me to pay for their lanes and such is communist --LOL

Most cities with bike lanes only have a few of them. Here in Amarillo, they do have a couple, but they don't cover the city very well. Matter of fact, they are pretty much located only in residential areas and sometimes you need to go downtown to take care of things.

If there were bike lanes on EVERY road, then yea, I might agree to the licensing thing, but unfortunately, bike lanes make up a very small percentage of roads in America.

However.................in CO, they are very bike friendly, and even allow bikes on the interstate in certain locations.

how many of how few bike lanes is irrelevant if you use public roads bikes need to follow the laws

and pay taxes through licensing the bike to use roads in addition

bicyclists should also be required to be a licensed with an endorsement for two wheels

for both the safety of the rider as well as the safety of others using the public system

I think I have seen everything now. The folks on the right are lobbying for more taxes and government regulation, and the folks on the left don't see a need for it.

Let's face it, folks just want to use government as a blunt instrument of force to further their own self interest. This is pathetic.

I'm really disappointed.

536129ecb45ce.jpeg

I ride my bike much less than I used to, but I still try to get in a ride occasionally. When I was a kid, I used to go off on my bike and get lost on purpose. Lol. My bike was my transportation.

bike riders who ride on public streets and roadways should have to

be licensed and taxed yearly and have insurance as well

When did you become a Communist?

taxing everyone for using a public service is not communist --LOL

forcing me to pay for their lanes and such is communist --LOL

Most cities with bike lanes only have a few of them. Here in Amarillo, they do have a couple, but they don't cover the city very well. Matter of fact, they are pretty much located only in residential areas and sometimes you need to go downtown to take care of things.

If there were bike lanes on EVERY road, then yea, I might agree to the licensing thing, but unfortunately, bike lanes make up a very small percentage of roads in America.

However.................in CO, they are very bike friendly, and even allow bikes on the interstate in certain locations.

how many of how few bike lanes is irrelevant if you use public roads bikes need to follow the laws

and pay taxes through licensing the bike to use roads in addition

bicyclists should also be required to be a licensed with an endorsement for two wheels

for both the safety of the rider as well as the safety of others using the public system
I think I have seen everything now. The folks on the right are lobbying for more taxes and government regulation, and the folks on the left don't see a need for it.

Let's face it, folks just want to use government as a blunt instrument of force to further their own self interest. This is pathetic.

I'm really disappointed.

dude it is not more taxes it taxes by fair share

if you dont use the road you have no tax to pay

Sure, sure. Let's just make it so that no one under 21 can ride a bike too! :rolleyes-41:

why

out here we let people as young as 14 drive cars

but they have training and have been licensed to drive on public roads

I learned how to ride a bike when I was like 4 or 5!

hopefully that was not on the public streets

if it was you had a fucked up home life

No, but around 9 or 10 I was out and about on my bike. You weren't?

Sure, sure. Let's just make it so that no one under 21 can ride a bike too! :rolleyes-41:

why

out here we let people as young as 14 drive cars

but they have training and have been licensed to drive on public roads

I learned how to ride a bike when I was like 4 or 5!

hopefully that was not on the public streets

if it was you had a fucked up home life

No, but around 9 or 10 I was out and about on my bike. You weren't?

of course but i was not out running the streets at 10

moreso on a bike

The problem here seems to be some people who don't want to share the road with bicyclists. I do understand that occasionally you run into someone who is just in the way of the flow of traffic or whatever, but that is not that often where we should require bicyclists to have special licenses and stuff. That is silly!!! I want freedom and not to be smothered, thanks.

Funny most incidents I see are dumbass' weaving thru traffic and blowing thru traffic control
I see them idiots all the time..... "share the road" ...my ass... especially when there is a fucking sidewalk on both sides of the street what nobody uses...

riding on sidewalks is illegal

So are going the wrong way on a one-way street, running red lights, and running stop signs...it doesn't seem to stop anybody!

Forum List

Back