Biblical reference on sights

☭proletarian☭;1923676 said:
Did that idiot just compare scripture on military equipment in a theatre of war to a jesusfishon a volvo?

yes he did.

it seems to me that it goes without saying that the military of a country that firmly separates church and state would not have religious references - especially from a religion that decries vilence and killing - on their weapons of death and destruction.

I am not personally offended, but I understand how many might be... I understand the inappropriateness of putting bible verses from the New Testament where turn the other cheek is taught... on guns that kill.

And I am one of those 80%... in fact, I am a pastor.

Cars kill people so should we force everyone to remove religious symbols from their automobiles? Fact is you haven't got any evidence that suggest these scriptures incites muslim extremist to want to kill us anymore than they already do. You're going by what you percieve to be the case. Show some hard evidence that these scriptures have an undesirable effect.

Do you have any proof that these scriptures saved a single soldiers life?

I never made that claim.

☭proletarian☭;1923685 said:
Would you say and feel the same way if the verses were from the Quran?? :doubt:

Yes I would. I believe in freedom and if you create a product then you have the right to place any inscription on it that you want. If I am personally offended by it, then I don't have to purchase your product.

Soldiers choose what equipment they're issued?

No but they do have the means to remove the engravings if they deem them offensive. But none of you idiots have shown that any soldiers feels that way.

Yes I would. I believe in freedom and if you create a product then you have the right to place any inscription on it that you want. If I am personally offended by it, then I don't have to purchase your product.

No but they do have the means to remove the engravings if they deem them offensive.
And when we hand these weapons of holy war against Islam to a Muslim and tell him we're his friends?

snake_large.jpg

Good thing this serpent isn't hanging from a branch, or they might draw the wrong conclusion.

If it's not a continuation of the Crusades, we're doing a damn good job of acting like it is.

☭proletarian☭;1923690 said:
I am always amused at the stupidity and arrogance of people such as yourself who equate Religious Freedom with YOUR 'freedom' to shove YOUR religious symbols on the rest of us and we have no "freedom" from having YOUR religious symbols shoved on us.

"In God We Trust"

Decided to prove her point?

You don know the history behind that phrase on our currency, yes?

Sure I know the history and yes I proved her point was a ridiculous one. For some reason she doesn't know that there are far more people that beleive in God in this country than not and those that are offended by religious symblos are few and far between.

Her point by the way was lame, she hasn't proven her statemnt to be true. She needs to give some examples of how people like myself are forcing our religious symbols upon her.

In Secesh Boy's world, apparently.

if this company IS the only source, then the government should just stipulate that they change their marking system to remove the offensive references.

Just because some idiots such as yourself find bible verses offensive doesn't mean the rest of America does. But you're willing to strip these folks of their religious freedom because you don't want to be offended. I have news for you. You do not have the right to not be offended. So get over it!

It is a serial number and a small one the only people that look at them are doing inventory. I really do not care what NUMBERS they use. Nor do I believe the military cares except for in the PC department.

Not caring what the world though got us 9/11.

The number of extremist muslims is a very small percentage of the total muslim population.

Both the Americans and the Radical Islamists want to influence this huge majority of muslims to be on their side.

Putting biblical references on rifle sights contributes ZERO help in fighting the current war.

But it will be used by the extremists to further bolster their claim of the current conflict being a war against Islam.

Plus, it will be on all over the Arab media.

Leaving the average muslim no choice, but to believe the West is waging a war against Islam by the Christian nations.

☭proletarian☭;1923690 said:
"In God We Trust"

Decided to prove her point?

You don know the history behind that phrase on our currency, yes?

Sure I know the history and yes I proved her point was a ridiculous one. For some reason she doesn't know that there are far more people that beleive in God in this country than not and those that are offended by religious symblos are few and far between.

Her point by the way was lame, she hasn't proven her statemnt to be true. She needs to give some examples of how people like myself are forcing our religious symbols upon her.

Rule of thumb we learned in the Military at Sexual Harassment training....if you would NOT want something said or done to your sister, your mother, your wife....DON'T DO IT!

Same with this....if you don't want another religion (let's say Islam) putting their symbols on everyone's military weapons, on everyone's court house, on everyone's tombstone.....DON'T PUT YOUR OWN!

Just because some idiots such as yourself find bible verses offensive doesn't mean the rest of America does. But you're willing to strip these folks of their religious freedom because you don't want to be offended. I have news for you. You do not have the right to not be offended. So get over it!

Of course he wouldn't....Religious Freedom to him means the freedom to shove HIS religious symbols on us....it doesn't work both ways.

There are no religious SYMBOLS on the weapons or the sights. There are serial numbers that some one can see a reference to a biblical versus. In order to know what the biblical verse is one would first need to read the serial number and then have handy a New Testament. What a load of over hyped dog shit. We have the same people in this thread that were whining about body Armor and vehicle Armor and DEMANDING instant fixes DEMANDING that the sole provider of Army and Marine Corps rifle sights and other vision gear be stripped of their contract so that inferior equipment can be used. There IS a word for that......

☭proletarian☭;1923706 said:

No but they do have the means to remove the engravings if they deem them offensive.
And when we hand these weapons of holy war against Islam to a Muslim and tell him we're his friends?

snake_large.jpg

Good thing this serpent isn't hanging from a branch, or they might draw the wrong conclusion.

If it's not a continuation of the Crusades, we're doing a damn good job of acting like it is.

You're assuming Christian scripture is offensive to muslims. Using that logic then Christians should be offended by muslim scripture. Do you have any evidence that muslims are offended by Christian scripture?

I am not personally offended, but I understand how many might be... I understand the inappropriateness of putting bible verses from the New Testament where turn the other cheek is taught... on guns that kill.

And I am one of those 80%... in fact, I am a pastor.

Cars kill people so should we force everyone to remove religious symbols from their automobiles? Fact is you haven't got any evidence that suggest these scriptures incites muslim extremist to want to kill us anymore than they already do. You're going by what you percieve to be the case. Show some hard evidence that these scriptures have an undesirable effect.

That is not even an issue. So go peddle your moronic drivel somewhere else while you demand the US buy inferior equipment for all their rifles.

That is not even an issue. So go peddle your moronic drivel somewhere else while you demand the US buy inferior equipment for all their rifles.

The bigger question is what does Jesus think of his message of peace being inscibed on military weapons?

If I were him, I would be pissed

That is not even an issue.

So, no problems taking it off.

So go peddle your moronic drivel somewhere else while you demand the US buy inferior equipment for all their rifles.

And yet here you are stating that not having the scriptures makes the equipment inferior.

Last edited:

[quote So go peddle your moronic drivel somewhere else while you demand the US buy inferior equipment for all their rifles.

And yet here you are stating that not having the scriptures makes the equipment inferior.[/quote]

I did no such thing, dumb ass. The Military uses the BEST supplier picked by trials to make their equipment. This supplier had to prove they had the best design and that it met the requirements of the military hardware. They competed against other companies that FAILED to prove their designs were better. RETARD. You want the Government to shit can the best model for an inferior one because you do not like their serial numbers. REAL BRIGHT idea. Remind me again if you were one of those complaining about armor in the Iraq war?

BY the way dumb ass fix your post so it quotes right.

[quote So go peddle your moronic drivel somewhere else while you demand the US buy inferior equipment for all their rifles.

And yet here you are stating that not having the scriptures makes the equipment inferior.

I did no such thing, dumb ass. The Military uses the BEST supplier picked by trials to make their equipment. This supplier had to prove they had the best design and that it met the requirements of the military hardware. They competed against other companies that FAILED to prove their designs were better. RETARD. You want the Government to shit can the best model for an inferior one because you do not like their serial numbers. REAL BRIGHT idea. Remind me again if you were one of those complaining about armor in the Iraq war?

BY the way dumb ass fix your post so it quotes right.

I don't think that anyone has shown that this supplier is the ONLY supplier or even that its sights are the BEST quality available on the market. Companies get government contracts based upon a lot of criteria beyond quality. For all you know, even BETTER quality sights might very well be available now.

It is a serial number and a small one the only people that look at them are doing inventory. I really do not care what NUMBERS they use. Nor do I believe the military cares except for in the PC department.
That type of mind set handed us our defeat in Vietnam.

Modern warfare isn't just about winning militarily.

Vietnam should have taught us that lesson.

Public opinion on both sides and the media ultimately decides who is the final Victor in modern conflicts.

Many of the soldiers I work with have Bible verses hidden within their uniforms, its very important to soldiers of faith. Why would anyone care if some obscure number is etched into their weapons?

This is just an other example of the anti-religious types stirring up shit with their phoney outrage just so they can try to win another 'victory' against Christian conservatives.

Individual religious stuff is a lot different from scripture references embossed into weaposns issued by the US govt.

The bigger question is what does Jesus think of his message of peace being inscibed on military weapons?

If I were him, I would be pissed

Yep, the only time he ever got pissed was running the money changers from the temple, and that cuased the Joos to have him cruciifed.

Forum List

Back