Biblical reference on sights

Hey.........Lone Idiot No Logic........take the sights off of your rifle, then try to shoot something 25 yards away from you and hit it.

Like I said, stay away from guns and sharp things, you'll only hurt yourself.

The sights in question ( for the retard bikerstupidfuck) are Trijicon sights and none of my rifles has them. I choose open sights on all my weapons. So again name me one instance where rifle sights like the one in question killed a person.

Things don't need to go over your head Lone Idiot No Logic, it takes a shortcut through your ears as there is nothing between 'em to stop anything.

By the way penis puffer, lemmie ask something of you........how the fuck do you even have the remotest clue about what the military does or does not need? Ever served? Oh wait.....that's right........you were a pussy assed college puke that thought fucking cattle would be better than defending this country. You're right......my bad.......apparently some queer assed cow humper knows what's better for military personnel than a 20 year veteran who has served honorably as well as has several awards, 3 of which are Navy Achievement Medals awarded by no less than an Admiral EACH.

But.......I digress...........

Apparently, from what I'd seen on the article, the numbers are stamped/engraved on the side of the sight. It's not necessary for the integrity of the sight, nor is not putting anything on it in any way, shape or form, detrimental to the performance of the weapon.

Oh yeah......rifle sights DO kill people, as without the sight, it's very hard to make sure you hit your target. Might wanna get another vocation that doesn't involve guns as you obviously don't know much about them.

Stay away from sharp objects as well. You'll hurt yourself.

By the way, since I'm a Taoist, as well as someone who studies Torah, how would you feel about the company stamping the sights with a yin-yang symbol that has Hebrew characters on one side with various names of God, and has the Taoist characters for war and The Way?

Sun-Tzu and his philosophy (he wrote The Art of War as well as was a Taoist) would be much more appropriate on a gun sight than bible verses, don't you think?

Matter of fact, scratch the Hebrew lettering as well. God supports creation, not death.

Know what kind of gunsight I'd like on my weapon? On in the shape of an upraised middle finger with a yin-yang symbol engraved on the back of the hand in gold.

On special occasions, I'd paint it psychedellic.

As far as the Bible verses thing in the Pentagon? You do realize that during the Bush Administration, they printed Bible verses on Pentagon briefings, right? Might be where that came from.

Pentagon Briefings Carried Bible Verses

Try again ya cow poking idiot, you're losing ground fast.

Show me one instance where a rifle sight killed anyone.

This is what you've been reduced to as an argument? :lol::lol::lol:

I don't let hyperbole or name-calling affect me. I'm bigger than that. Fact is rifle sights don't kill and he can't show evidence that they do.

☭proletarian☭;1923706 said:
No but they do have the means to remove the engravings if they deem them offensive.
And when we hand these weapons of holy war against Islam to a Muslim and tell him we're his friends?

snake_large.jpg

Good thing this serpent isn't hanging from a branch, or they might draw the wrong conclusion.

If it's not a continuation of the Crusades, we're doing a damn good job of acting like it is.

You're assuming Christian scripture is offensive to muslims. Using that logic then Christians should be offended by muslim scripture. Do you have any evidence that muslims are offended by Christian scripture?
That's a pretty big rock you've been under, isn't it?

It is a serial number and a small one the only people that look at them are doing inventory. I really do not care what NUMBERS they use. Nor do I believe the military cares except for in the PC department.
That type of mind set handed us our defeat in Vietnam.

Modern warfare isn't just about winning militarily.

Vietnam should have taught us that lesson.

Public opinion on both sides and the media ultimately decides who is the final Victor in modern conflicts.
The VC learned that the hardway, too. The Tet offensive proved devastating for public relations.

Many of the soldiers I work with have Bible verses hidden within their uniforms, its very important to soldiers of faith. Why would anyone care if some obscure number is etched into their weapons?

This is just an other example of the anti-religious types stirring up shit with their phoney outrage just so they can try to win another 'victory' against Christian conservatives.

Individual religious stuff is a lot different from scripture references embossed into weaposns issued by the US govt.
And given to the local muslims we train.

☭proletarian☭;1925169 said:
It is a serial number and a small one the only people that look at them are doing inventory. I really do not care what NUMBERS they use. Nor do I believe the military cares except for in the PC department.
That type of mind set handed us our defeat in Vietnam.

Modern warfare isn't just about winning militarily.

Vietnam should have taught us that lesson.

Public opinion on both sides and the media ultimately decides who is the final Victor in modern conflicts.
The VC learned that the hardway, too. The Tet offensive proved devastating for public relations.
Not sure what you are trying to say?

Tet was a military defeat for the VC/NVA

But turned into a victory for them by the media.

And became the turning point of the war.

Last edited:
They have been doing it for some time,
Im sure they will change it to Quran quotes before to long.

You raise an interesting point...I'm quite confident that the people who consider the inscriptions inappropriate would feel that way regardless of which Holy Book the they came from. But would the people defending the company also have defended them if it was verses from the Koran? I doubt it.

Why? Because you assume everyone has situational morals and ethics just because you do? I get so very tired of people who assume that they and their flaws are representational of all humanity.

The company should lose their military contract.

So this should be more important to the military than whether or not the company is best able to produce a good and functional product at a reasonable cost to the taxpayer? Interesting priorities you have there.

The company should lose their military contract.

Just the kind of IDIOCY I expected, thanks for proving me correct once again.

They are violating the general order against promoting Christianity.
And giving validation to the opposition. From the oppositions viewpoint.

Yes, and the "opposition" - the ones sane people call the "enemy" - really needs help and support in believing they're justified. I'm sure they were just swimming in doubt and uncertainty about their own righteousness without this.

They are violating the general order against promoting Christianity.
And giving validation to the opposition. From the oppositions viewpoint.

Moron, there is a reason that company is making the sights. So let me get this right? In regards armor for Hummers in Iraq you were all for stringing Bush up for not having foreseen a need for something the army never even thought of, BUT with regards the very sights that go on all our weapons you want to cut off the only source that passed the field tests? I got that about right?

all the references could be ground off and further scripture references be forbidden on any weapons.
A recall thing.
If they refuse then start finding another supplier.

It never ceases to amaze me how ignorant leftists are about the world. You hear about government contracts to companies and somehow imagine they're like supermarkets: if you don't like the selection of potato chips at Kroger's, just go down the street to the Piggly Wiggly and shop there. If that doesn't work, there's always Safeway.

Contrary to leftist opinion, the world is not chockablock with potential defense contractors, all putting out essentially indistinguishable product lines, so that you can just la-de-dah off to someone else anytime you take a wild hair up your ass.

all the references could be ground off and further scripture references be forbidden on any weapons.
A recall thing.
If they refuse then start finding another supplier.

Keep proving you are as stupid as you seem. You support giving our combat troops second hand equipment because you do not like a serial number.

Removing the inscription/stamping is makes it second hand equipment?

LOL in Nam I used a Colt .45 from 1940's.

Spin much do ya?

That wasn't even a good try at deliberate misunderstanding. You support giving our troops less well-made equipment by a supplier who couldn't do the job well enough to get the contract initially because of something that in no way affects how well the equipment works. Stamping out Biblical references is more important to you than the safety and efficiency of our troops.

The guy/owner(? ) that started that is dead btw.

I guess god did not like what he was doing?

I knew it! You are the president of the "stupid club".

btw the new membership comittee rejected your application for membership.
We do have standards to uphold you know.

. . . And he's supposed to be insulted that he's not stupid enough to qualify for the club of which you're President?

You really ARE stupid, if that's your idea of an insult. I can have my 14-year-old write some better ones for you, if you like.

Anybody who may happen to be deployed into their lands may care, the general population considering our presence there as a crusade could prove to make a dangerous situation worse for those who serve our nation.

Anyone can make assumptions. Try supporting it with testimonies from the soldiers on the ground.

How about you try support having the verses on theer with testimony from the soldiers on the ground? These superstitious verses do not add to the combat readiness or skills they need.

And the second-best company's lack of them doesn't add to combat readiness or skills they need, yet you think that should be the deciding factor in giving them a contract they couldn't earn through their product quality.

Who's the REAL fanatic here?

How about you try support having the verses on theer with testimony from the soldiers on the ground? These superstitious verses do not add to the combat readiness or skills they need.

The burden of proof is on the one making the claims. These verses do not take away their combat readiness or the skills they need either. Now do they?

No but it sure puts them in peril if captured or if the Muslims whose hearts and minds they are trying to win decide that such messages on instruments of death are a sign that the U.S. is involved in a Jihad, doesnt take an Einstein to see something so basic.

Does it really put them in peril? Do you honestly think Islamic terrorists are so up on their Bible studies that they would recognize them for what they are, assuming they even looked that closely at the equipment to begin with?

And by the way, anyone who's not in the US military and is getting hold of their equipment long enough to examine it that closely has likely already had his heart and mind won by Islamofascism, and needs no extra convincing that his behavior is right.

Many of the soldiers I work with have Bible verses hidden within their uniforms, its very important to soldiers of faith. Why would anyone care if some obscure number is etched into their weapons?

This is just an other example of the anti-religious types stirring up shit with their phoney outrage just so they can try to win another 'victory' against Christian conservatives.

Choice...vs...thrust upon them.

This is starting to remind me of when military tombstones always had a Christian cross on them....whether you were Christian or not.

When was that? Seeing as how WWI and WWII crosses did not all have Christian Crosses on them? Mind backing that up with some evidence?

Yahoo! Image Search Results for wwii graves star of david

Oh, look. Stars of David on military tombstones. Sheesh.

What it does is provide fodder for Islamic propaganda that the US is engaged in a holy war. Who the hell is a manufacturer to decide what markings go on weapons? They are paid to produce sights and thats it.

Pull their contract

Bullshit! Do you honestly think the islamic extremist needs this as a reason to engage in a holy war? Was 911 an act of jihad? Did the twin towers have scriptures etched into them? You liberals are so stupid it's comical.

Its not the extremists its the everday muslim who we rely on to operate in their countries. They provide information, allow us in their communities and support or resist the extremists.

With extremists pointing to weapons meant to kill muslims with Christian scriptures it makes it easier to operate in these countries.

Do you really suppose everyday Muslims in the Middle East get the chance to scrutinize American weapon sights closely enough to notice those engravings, even assuming they're educated enough about the Bible to realize what they were, anyway?

Bullshit! Do you honestly think the islamic extremist needs this as a reason to engage in a holy war? Was 911 an act of jihad? Did the twin towers have scriptures etched into them? You liberals are so stupid it's comical.

Its not the extremists its the everday muslim who we rely on to operate in their countries. They provide information, allow us in their communities and support or resist the extremists.

With extremists pointing to weapons meant to kill muslims with Christian scriptures it makes it easier to operate in these countries.

Do you really suppose everyday Muslims in the Middle East get the chance to scrutinize American weapon sights closely enough to notice those engravings, even assuming they're educated enough about the Bible to realize what they were, anyway?

The muslims we're training to take over when we leave get a real close .look when they're using them

Even in the most distored of christian minds, I find it hard to believe that they think their god wants them to kill other people.

Have you READ the Old Testament? I find it hard to believe anyone can peddle this idea of a pacifist God with a straight face.

This makes as much sense as when we made the sign of the cross in football games to beat those dirty protestant teams.

I have no idea about people like you, but most religious people pray before football games for a good, clean game with no injuries, not for victory.

Oh, how people have distorted the meaning religion for their own petty purposes.

So quit doing it.

if this company IS the only source, then the government should just stipulate that they change their marking system to remove the offensive references.

Just because some idiots such as yourself find bible verses offensive doesn't mean the rest of America does. But you're willing to strip these folks of their religious freedom because you don't want to be offended. I have news for you. You do not have the right to not be offended. So get over it!

You do realize the over 80 percent of Americans identify themselves as Christian.

I am not personally offended, but I understand how many might be... I understand the inappropriateness of putting bible verses from the New Testament where turn the other cheek is taught... on guns that kill.

And I am one of those 80%... in fact, I am a pastor.

You're a pastor, and you think God and Christianity are pacifistic? Hmmm.

Forum List

Back