Biblical reference on sights

Its not the extremists its the everday muslim who we rely on to operate in their countries. They provide information, allow us in their communities and support or resist the extremists.

With extremists pointing to weapons meant to kill muslims with Christian scriptures it makes it easier to operate in these countries.

So it's your opinion that scriptures written on rifle sights creates a reason for peaceful muslims not to cooperate with us? I wonder how they feel about spending our money.

It provides evidence that we are engaged in a holy war with Islam. It is hard enough to get these people to cooperate with us. We to not need the help of religious zealot arms manufacturers

So we should give our soldiers inferior equipment because you disagree with the manufacturers right to engrave bible verses. Sounds like a typical liberal viewpoint.

So it's your opinion that scriptures written on rifle sights creates a reason for peaceful muslims not to cooperate with us? I wonder how they feel about spending our money.

It provides evidence that we are engaged in a holy war with Islam. It is hard enough to get these people to cooperate with us. We to not need the help of religious zealot arms manufacturers

So we should give our soldiers inferior equipment because you disagree with the manufacturers right to engrave bible verses. Sounds like a typical liberal viewpoint.

Inferior equipment? Because it doesn't have biblical passages? :lol::lol::lol:

if this company IS the only source, then the government should just stipulate that they change their marking system to remove the offensive references.

It comes down to does the benefit of the soldier having biblical passages on his sights outweigh the decrement of a perceived Christian holy war?

Inferior equipment? Because it doesn't have biblical passages? :lol::lol::lol:

Look at it logically ( i know it's a stretch for you) if you deny the soldiers these specific sights because of what's inscribed on them, then they would have no choice but to use an inferior model. Would they not? Perhaps you would try and force the manufacturer to remove the inscriptions denying him his religious freedom. I'm willing to bet the contract doesn't specify what engravings are acceptable and which or not, the contract is more than likely much simpler, like make ten thousand sights per a certain specification and I'll give you x amount of money.

if this company IS the only source, then the government should just stipulate that they change their marking system to remove the offensive references.

Just because some idiots such as yourself find bible verses offensive doesn't mean the rest of America does. But you're willing to strip these folks of their religious freedom because you don't want to be offended. I have news for you. You do not have the right to not be offended. So get over it!

You do realize the over 80 percent of Americans identify themselves as Christian.

Just because some idiots such as yourself find bible verses offensive doesn't mean the rest of America does. But you're willing to strip these folks of their religious freedom because you don't want to be offended. I have news for you. You do not have the right to not be offended. So get over it!

You do realize the over 80 percent of Americans identify themselves as Christian.

I am not personally offended, but I understand how many might be... I understand the inappropriateness of putting bible verses from the New Testament where turn the other cheek is taught... on guns that kill.

And I am one of those 80%... in fact, I am a pastor.

Would you say and feel the same way if the verses were from the Quran?? :doubt:

I am always amused at the stupidity and arrogance of people such as yourself who equate Religious Freedom with YOUR 'freedom' to shove YOUR religious symbols on the rest of us and we have no "freedom" from having YOUR religious symbols shoved on us.

Of course he wouldn't....Religious Freedom to him means the freedom to shove HIS religious symbols on us....it doesn't work both ways.

I am not personally offended, but I understand how many might be... I understand the inappropriateness of putting bible verses from the New Testament where turn the other cheek is taught... on guns that kill.

Cars kill people so should we force everyone to remove religious symbols from their automobiles? Fact is you haven't got any evidence that suggest these scriptures incites muslim extremist to want to kill us anymore than they already do. You're going by what you percieve to be the case. Show some hard evidence that these scriptures have an undesirable effect.

Did that idiot just compare scripture on military equipment in a theatre of war to a jesusfishon a volvo?

Yes I would. I believe in freedom and if you create a product then you have the right to place any inscription on it that you want. If I am personally offended by it, then I don't have to purchase your product.

I am always amused at the stupidity and arrogance of people such as yourself who equate Religious Freedom with YOUR 'freedom' to shove YOUR religious symbols on the rest of us and we have no "freedom" from having YOUR religious symbols shoved on us.

"In God We Trust"

Yes I would. I believe in freedom and if you create a product then you have the right to place any inscription on it that you want. If I am personally offended by it, then I don't have to purchase your product.

Soldiers choose what equipment they're issued?

Cars kill people so should we force everyone to remove religious symbols from their automobiles? Fact is you haven't got any evidence that suggest these scriptures incites muslim extremist to want to kill us anymore than they already do. You're going by what you percieve to be the case. Show some hard evidence that these scriptures have an undesirable effect.

Do you have any proof that these scriptures saved a single soldiers life?

Of course he wouldn't....Religious Freedom to him means the freedom to shove HIS religious symbols on us....it doesn't work both ways.

You don't know me very well then do you?

"In God We Trust"

Decided to prove her point?

You don know the history behind that phrase on our currency, yes?

Forum List

Back